Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 08:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Yes, if the victim requests it, it's called assisted suicide.
What's the problem here?
None, for people with a heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 11:24 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Being taken off of a ventilator or other life support to artificially keep you alive when you would otherwise certainly die is not the same as taking something to kill you. I would not want to be kept alive by artificial means either.

I have said nothing about judging and condemning a person who chooses to commit suicide. I have simply stated the fact that we don't have the right to commit suicide. And I would never tell someone that it's alright to so.
I wouldn't tell anyone that it's alright to commit suicide too. When I said who am I to judge anyone who decides to commit suicide, I wasn't meaning that you were saying that. You quote the bible quite well to back up your opInion, and I FULLY AGREED WITH YOU as long as we have the bible to back up our views.

But, and here is my but, I won't try to stop the person. I think this is where we as Christians need to pray for the person and family and let what ever their decision be what ever it is.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:10 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
written by Maggie Karner ... a Christian woman alternative message of hope.
Maggie has been diagnosed with a stage 4 glioblastoma multiforme brain tumor.
Read Maggie's response and see how her hope in Christ sustains her.

Brain Cancer Will Likely Kill Me, But There's No Way I'll Kill Myself

Her bio can be read here Maggie Karner, Author at The Federalist
It's supposedly a sin to commit suicide. But can anyone show by quoted scripture or by logical deduction that this is true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity