Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2014, 08:14 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
When God says your time on this earth is up, it's up no matter what you do to try to extend it. Nevertheless, God takes into account your decisions that affect your health. But ultimately, when it's time to die, you are going to die. You do not have the right to kill yourself just as you do not have the right to murder another person.
Yet even if it was/is a sin, God is merciful, a point people seem to forget each time they try to condemn someone's soul to (they think) eternal hell. It takes a certain arrogance to condemn others. Perhaps that type of arrogance is a sin God dislikes more than one choosing to take an over-dose to escape physical suffering. The former has its roots in pride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 08:21 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Yet even if it was/is a sin, God is merciful, a point people seem to forget each time they try to condemn someone's soul to (they think) eternal hell. It takes a certain arrogance to condemn others. Perhaps that type of arrogance is a sin God dislikes more than one choosing to take an over-dose to escape physical suffering. The former has its roots in pride.
You are off topic. I have said nothing about 'hell' on this thread. Nor have I said anything about condemning others who commit suicide.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Once a gift is given, it no longer belongs to the donor. It is the recipient's to do as s/he wishes.

To take one's life is never an easy decision and to most loved ones left behind, it is always a wrong one.

But it is a person's own to make.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:18 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Default Man Was Given Six Months to Live Just Like Brittany Maynard, But He’s Lived for 13 Years

Man Was Given Six Months to Live Just Like Brittany Maynard, But He's Lived for 13 Years | LifeNews.com

Old 11-05-2014, 01:50 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
I find it absolutely repulsive when complete strangers feel the need to second guess another person's decision regarding a situation so painful and sad.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:14 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
She already had seizures where she could not even speak anymore.

What is the point in waiting for a miracle, while cancer is eating you up inside, and sooner or later, once you realize there is no miracle, it is too late to take your own life because you are simply not capable of doing it anymore.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:15 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I find it absolutely repulsive when complete strangers feel the need to second guess another person's decision regarding a situation so painful and sad.
......and PERSONAL.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:44 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times
Maybe in the long run, cancer is just another part of God's great "plan", you know, for "punishing" "sinners".

Old 11-05-2014, 10:43 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
if the former has it's roots in pride then the alternative in this example is what ... making thine-self superior over God (i.e. idolatry).

Old 11-05-2014, 11:10 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
There are only one of two voices that people will listen to:
  • God's \ Jesus'
  • Satan's
Jesus said:
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
and Jesus said:
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."
and Jesus' voice said:
Psalm 31:15
"My times are in your hands;"

John 21:16
“Simon son of John, do you love me?” He (Peter) answered,
“Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”
"Take care of my sheep" --- is to love Jesus, even if that means the sheep argues "who are you to tell me" while on suicides cliff edge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity