U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 06:28 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,387,286 times

Advertisements

Some of the early church fathers such as the Apostle Barnabus, Irenaeus, and Hippolytus, taught that the 6 days of creation plus the Sabbath day meant that the earth was allocated 6000 years until Christ's return. This should figure out to be in the year 2028. The 7th day will denote the 1,000 year Sabbath or rest during the reign of Christ upon the earth. This comes out to 4000 years that Satan held man in the captivity of the grave until Christ defeated the grave almost 2,000 years ago.

The Great Tribulation should begin around the year 2021 with that man of sin being revealed sometime around 2024-2025.

Like I say, this was taught by some of the early church fathers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 06:32 PM

3,671 posts, read 1,974,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Some of the early church fathers such as the Apostle Barnabus, Irenaeus, and Hippolytus, taught that the 6 days of creation plus the Sabbath day meant that the earth was allocated 6000 years until Christ's return. This should figure out to be in the year 2028. The 7th day will denote the 1,000 year Sabbath or rest during the reign of Christ upon the earth. This comes out to 4000 years that Satan held man in the captivity of the grave until Christ defeated the grave almost 2,000 years ago.

The Great Tribulation should begin around the year 2021 with that man of sin being revealed sometime around 2024-2025.

Like I say, this was taught by some of the early church fathers.
Not saying that you're right or wrong, but have you factored in this scripture?,
Matthew 24:22 "And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened".

Old 10-17-2014, 06:42 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,387,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Not saying that you're right or wrong, but have you factored in this scripture?,
Matthew 24:22 "And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened".
As best I could. I tried to give him 3 1/2 or so years.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:40 PM

3,671 posts, read 1,974,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
As best I could. I tried to give him 3 1/2 or so years.
"except those days should be shortened", 3 1/2?, how did you come to that conclusion?.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:41 PM

28,960 posts, read 14,084,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
"except those days should be shortened", 3 1/2?, how did you come to that conclusion?.
... it's half of seven.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:03 PM

41,445 posts, read 22,685,817 times
The 6,000 year + 1,000 year theory is what I have believed - although I don't know when that would occur.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:51 AM

1,613 posts, read 898,742 times
I moved from pre trib rapture to post trib, believing there was a second coming. Now I am partial preterist based on the context of Jesus speaking his hearers in Matt 24 & 25, plus also that parousia does not mean return. Therefore Jesus entered his kingdom at the end of the old age, AD70. His kingdom is not yet totally manifest in the earth, though it is in the hearts of believers. The kingdom of God will cover the whole earth; future tense. I have been on a journey with reappraising doctrine and orthodoxy, and am becoming more comfortable with the sanity of what i believe. The discernment process involves weighing and testing the spirit behind doctrine and orthodoxy, much of which is control and fear related. God has not given us a spirit of fear.

J Preston Eby (am I referencing him again!, :-)) in his Armageddon piece predicts a third world war, based on WW1 being the beginning of the end of this age. The boy who went to heaven in Heaven is for Real said Jesus said his Dad would fight in the last battle. That's battle is not in Meggido literally. The book of revelation is about Jesus Christ and His revelation to our inner man and the war within, not any wars without.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 10-18-2014 at 02:01 AM..

Old 10-18-2014, 02:03 AM

18,176 posts, read 14,395,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
I moved from pre trib rapture to post trib, believing there was a second coming. Now I am partial preterist based on the context of Jesus speaking his hearers in Matt 24 & 25, plus also that parousia does not mean return. Therefore Jesus entered his kingdom at the end of the old age, AD70. His kingdom is not yet totally manifest in the earth, though it is in the hearts of believers. The kingdom of God will cover the whole earth; future tense. I have been on a journey with reappraising doctrine and orthodoxy, and am becoming more comfortable with the sanity of what i believe. The discernment process involves weighing and testing the spirit behind doctrine and orthodoxy, much of which is control and fear related. God has not given us a spirit of fear.
Matt 6:9,10 teaches us to pray for the Kingdom to come. It hasn't yet. Daniel 2:44 shows it will destroy all human kingdoms and it hasn't yet. Rev 7 shows that those who are of the great multitude come out of (and in Greek it means to go through and come out the other end as it were) of the great tribulation.

The question is will we be prepared and faithful when we face the final conflict.

Could it be any time, yes as we do NOT know the day or hour. Could it be 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, etc, yes, but we still need to be prepared and faithful.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:21 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,299 posts, read 13,494,177 times
Didn't we just have a Mayan calendar scare?

I wouldn't particularly trust the early church fathers, when even Jesus messed up on predicting his own return, supposedly to be in that generation.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:13 AM

1,613 posts, read 898,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Matt 6:9,10 teaches us to pray for the Kingdom to come. It hasn't yet. Daniel 2:44 shows it will destroy all human kingdoms and it hasn't yet. Rev 7 shows that those who are of the great multitude come out of (and in Greek it means to go through and come out the other end as it were) of the great tribulation.

The question is will we be prepared and faithful when we face the final conflict.

Could it be any time, yes as we do NOT know the day or hour. Could it be 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, etc, yes, but we still need to be prepared and faithful.
I wouldn't disagree with your broader interpretation, however, Jesus in His kingdom has at least 2 manifestations; the first when He sat down or entered His kingdom, in believers, which has already happened. The second manifestation is when the glory of God covers the earth as the waters cover the see - that has not yet happened. Denial of the first occurence is upholding doctrines and hierarchical authority in the church established through a spirit of fear, which cuts against the victory of Christ enthroned in the hearts of every believer, and takes the ecclesia back to the dark ages. The more astute will notice the contradictory message from the pulpit, "you are victors in Christ, but only when you don't need us to affirm your function and place in the body, and tell you how scripture should be interpreted". God save us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity