Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2014, 10:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times

Advertisements

Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying:
"Why do your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders, for they do not wash their hands when they eat bread?"

He answered and said to them, "Why do you transgress the commandment of God - because of your tradition?"

The Pharisees were intent on cleaning the outside of the cup, while the inside remained dirty, it's called hypocrisy.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You should stop sinning by dropping the stone from your hand and following the examples and commandment of Jesus Christ.
Turn away from the hurtful, damaging attitude you have towards gays and turn towards Jesus.

You are serving the humans who preach the anti-gay agenda, not Christ.
Wickedness can be openly seen in, and through condemnation.

"There is no love without forgiveness, and no forgiveness without love; for what power has love, but forgiveness."

Old 12-12-2014, 04:26 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,371,537 times
Skipping yet more of my posts I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't see any Christians out there preaching that gays are sub-human evil monsters.
Yet we see it on this forum and even this thread, when Christians on here compare engaging in homosexuality as being dehumanizing. They explicitly say that any use of sexuality that is contrary to this supposed "god design" is to relinquish an element of humanity. There is a thread search utility if you do not believe me. Click it, type in words like human and humanity, and you will find those posts.

So yes, there ARE indeed Christians preaching that these people are therefore somehow Sub Human. Recently we have high end members of various clergy making the same claim about Atheists too actually, declaring them not fully human. Seems dehumanizing those that do not agree is something of an MO in such circles.

Perhaps your error however comes from the apparent fact that you.....

Quote:
You are trying to "dehumanize" Bible believing Christians by first claiming without a single bit of supporting evidence that we are not even Christian.
..... do not actually appear to understand what "dehumanize" even means because suggesting someone is not of a particular belief system has NOTHING to do with their humanity. So suggesting someone is not Christian is not even close to being even remotely relevant to "dehumanization" of them.

So perhaps a way to move the conversation forward would be if you at least familiarize yourself with the meaning of the word first and then return under that new light.

Quote:
And what exactly is the good news that you present here? You can be happily gay and still be a Christian?
Seems so. Andrew Sullivan pops to mind. Someone you could probably benefit with being locked in a room with for a couple of hours discourse.

Quote:
Jesus paid the death penalty for sin.
I must use the word "death" differently to you given that you claim that Jesus lives in an eternal state of bliss and dominion. That would appear to be the exact OPPOSITE of "death" to me.

I do not think one can try and be a martyr by claiming "death", which maintaining an eternal life. Bit of a "cake and eat it too" situation to my mind in a kind of "double think" way.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:28 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
So you believe God has blessed you with the gift of celibacy for the rest of your life?
The Bible has answers regarding this:

The Lord does has plans for me and everyone that does follow him:

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

1 Peter 5:

Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Joshua 1:5

No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you.

Psalm 23:4

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.

Even so no Christians are perfect and we all do sin even me: 1 John 1:8

However a Christian life is not to be identified by sin.

Yet this is meant for all Christians

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.2 The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:10 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post

The Lord does has plans for me and everyone that does follow him:

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

1 Peter 5:

Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Joshua 1:5

No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you.

Psalm 23:4

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.

Even so no Christians are perfect and we all do sin even me: 1 John 1:8

However a Christian life is not to be identified by sin.

Yet this is meant for all Christians

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.2 The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
So is that a yes or a no?

Old 12-12-2014, 02:52 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
None of that addresses the issue of celibacy that Paul spoke of.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:29 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,018,676 times
Did the rapture occur? This thread just came to a screeching halt!

Old 12-13-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Did the rapture occur? This thread just came to a screeching halt!
We will be carried to a higher-place, even, while we yet live; for love always supersedes condemnation.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
If you read the bible many are going to hell and its not just homosexuals.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:46 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
So is that a yes or a no?
All I got to do is to trust in the Lord 100%. I need to have true faith in the Lord to guide me day to day. Sure it may not always be what I do want yet I choose to trust in him. God knows my heart and everyone hearts and he only judges the hearts of people, not the external appearances of people.

A gay person just like me, just as much as a drug addict, thief or a murderer can accept Christ.

A true born again Christian does no hate gay people or disown them if they had a family member that is gay.

God does not hate gay people.

Last edited by other99; 12-14-2014 at 05:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity