Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 11:19 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
You believe in curses? Do you realize how helpless, primitive, and superstitious that sounds?
You've described the average Christian Fundamentalist.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:39 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A person commits an offense of intimidation, if that person knowingly communicates a threat, or false report of a pending fire.
Crimes closely related to intimidation are menacing, coercion and terrorizing, putting the victim in fear or apprehension of harm.

Freedom of religion, was never meant to give a person the right to threaten other people.

We are not talking about a human. We are talking about God Almighty. And He does warn of sin and its consequences in case you have never studied the Bible.

Do you realize that the One who actually spoke to ancient Israel and to Moses was the Word of God -- the Spokesman of God? He was the One who declared adultery and the sin we are discussing on this thread to be abominable crimes that would cause the inhabitants to be "spued" out of the land and warned them of the consequences of their sins. The Word was the One who later came in the flesh as Jesus Christ and He didn't stop warning about sin and the curses that it brings on the sinner.

John 5:13-14
(13) And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.
(14) Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Sir/Madam, here Christ refutes your words and yes there are curses that will come on those who sin. That is why we must all repent of our sins and live godly lives and live by every Word of God.

If I were talking to real Christians on a true real forum for Christianity they would tell me that I am preaching to the choir.

tthttf

Last edited by tthttf; 12-21-2014 at 01:21 PM..

Old 12-21-2014, 12:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
yes there are curses that will come on those who sin.
Nonsense. Everyone knows that some pig bones and a jar of water that has never been through a pipe will take care of curses.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
A person commits an offense of intimidation, if that person knowingly communicates a threat, or false report of a pending fire.
Crimes closely related to intimidation are menacing, coercion and terrorizing, putting the victim in fear or apprehension of harm.

Freedom of religion, was never meant to give a person the right to threaten other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
We are not talking about a human. We are talking about God Almighty. And He does warn of sin and its consequences in case you have never studied the Bible.

Do you realize that the One who actually spoke to ancient Israel and to Moses was the Word of God -- the Spokesman of God? He was the One who declared adultery and the sin we are discussing on this thread to be abominable crimes that would cause the inhabitants to be "spued" out of the land and warned them of the consequences of their sins. The Word was the One who later came in the flesh as Jesus Christ and He didn't stop warning about sin and the curses that it brings on the sinner.

John 5:13-14
(13) And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.
(14) Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Sir/Madam, here Christ refutes your words and yes there are curses that will come on those who sin. That is why we must all repent of our sins and live godly lives and live by every Word of God.

If I were talking to real Christians on a true real forum for Christianity they would tell me that I am preaching to the choir.

tthttf
What you reference is the Bible, which was written by men or other human beings.
Now, would you put your son or daughter to death, if they were not like you?

Would you punish your son for what your daughter did?
What is this worse thing that came, upon thee?

Is it something that you follow?

Old 12-21-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
What you reference is the Bible, which was written by men or other human beings.
Now, would you put your son or daughter to death, if they were not like you?

Would you punish your son for what your daughter did?
What is this worse thing that came, upon thee?

Is it something that you follow?

Understand something, I do not fear God or Man, nor what He (he) might do to me.
In other words, intimidation is not a factor that moves me, neither AM I
apprehensive.

I was not given a Spirit of fear; but one of power, love and that of having a sound mind.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:12 PM

63,776 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Nonsense. Everyone knows that some pig bones and a jar of water that has never been through a pipe will take care of curses.
The coffee stain on my shirt is your fault, Dew!!LOL

Old 12-21-2014, 02:20 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Thank you for proving the Bible yet again.

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me."

Matthew 5:11

Old 12-21-2014, 02:32 PM

63,776 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The coffee stain on my shirt is your fault, Dew!!LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Thank you for proving the Bible yet again.
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me."
Matthew 5:11
No one is insulting you, persecuting you or falsely saying any kind of evil against you because of Jesus. We love you and Jesus . . . but your absurd beliefs about Him and God are fair game. This is something you and others here seem NOT to understand. Your beliefs ABOUT God and Jesus are NOT equal to God. They are subject to scrutiny and evaluation . . . as are all human beliefs. There is no automatic connection between what YOU believe ABOUT God and Jesus and the truth about God and Jesus. They are separate issues . . . and based on my knowledge, understanding and experiences . . . YOU are wrong about them.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No one is insulting you, persecuting you or falsely saying any kind of evil against you because of Jesus. We love you and Jesus . . . but your absurd beliefs about Him and God are fair game. This is something you and others here seem NOT to understand. Your beliefs ABOUT God and Jesus are NOT equal to God. They are subject to scrutiny and evaluation . . . as are all human beliefs. There is no automatic connection between what YOU believe ABOUT God and Jesus and the truth about God and Jesus. They are separate issues . . . and based on my knowledge, understanding and experiences . . . YOU are wrong about them.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:52 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,419 times
Quote:
Understand something, I do not fear God or Man, nor what He (he) might do to me.
In other words, intimidation is not a factor that moves me, neither AM I
apprehensive.

I was not given a Spirit of fear; but one of power, love and that of having a sound mind.
If the spirit you claim you have is not based on God's righteousness then you are no better than the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah.

They too had no fear....no fear of God.. and they were arrogant and their sexual misconduct which reached into the abominable class of sins included the sin we are focusing on in this thread and caused God to make an example for all to see and instil the proper and right kind of fear -- fear to sin against God.

Now, for some it takes a direct fiery shot from one of God's angels to turn their arrogant hearts to humility to have the proper reverence and fear to disobey the Great God. Show me any example where someone was disobedient to God and did not repent or were destroyed for their error or unless they repent in the coming 2nd Resurrection be destroyed in the Great White Throne Judgment. Satan and his demons are the only ones I know of and they are going to be dealt with in a very powerful way in the coming years ahead.

This sin that is the subject of this thread brings curses not only on the sinners but defiles the land and God's judgment is not very nice but is necessary in what should be done to remedy the situation.

We need to all repent and live godly lives and live by every Word of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity