Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 04:55 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
So gay marriage is going to be responsible for the end of the world? So many other horrible crimes against humanity and the earth committed by people, yet gay marriage is the thing that God is going to punish everyone for? That's the biggest sin? The one that will end it all? God can forgive things like murder and rape, but 2 gay people who love each other getting married, now that is what really pisses God off...enough to destroy us all.
Read my other posts. I am not saying this sin is the worst but it contributes to our deteriorating spiritual condition.

We will have to pay a heavy price to get rid of homosexuality and an even heavier price if we just accept it.

tthttf

Old 10-18-2014, 04:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Read my other posts. I am not saying this sin is the worst but it contributes to our deteriorating spiritual condition.

We will have to pay a heavy price to get rid of homosexuality and an even heavier price if we just accept it.

tthttf
How, exactly, would you "get rid of homosexuality?"

Like, exile them somewhere as soon as they tippy-toe out of the closet - or, God forbid - lisp in public? Maybe put them on an island somewhere - a gulag sort of thing?

How, exactly, do you get rid of millions of people?

Old 10-18-2014, 05:08 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
Show me where homosexuality is considered an acceptable Christian lifestyle in the scriptures.

And God can get angry which is not a sin. But God cannot allow homosexuality because that would be a sin according to the Scriptures.

Leviticus 20:13

KJV:
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

ERV:
“If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death. They are responsible for their own death.

I believe we are going to pay a heavy price for this misguided federal ruling. We in our state could secede from this godless US Government and solve the problem but still a price must be paid and it won't be easy.

tthttf
If God can't sin, why did he kill so many people. I mean, the story of Noah's Ark (which is clearly true ) was an example of GENOCIDE in the Bible. God did that. God is then a sinner, as murder is a sin (genocide must also be a sin as it's the accumulation of numerous murders of a similar group, in this case, the human race).

Quote:

tthttf
How would you get rid of homosexuals? Just banish them? That won't even work. Homosexuality is not hereditary (obviously) and will continue to exist even if you remove the current homosexuals from society.

Quote:
God says put them to death but we have a government that is not of God.
Oh, that's how. Killing them. Isn't that a sin too? Oh right, God's ok with killing sometimes. Weird. I'd consider killing more sinful than homosexuality, but he makes an exception for killing people. This God guy seems to be a poor moral compass if you ask me.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
If God can't sin, why did he kill so many people. I mean, the story of Noah's Ark (which is clearly true ) was an example of GENOCIDE in the Bible. God did that. God is then a sinner, as murder is a sin (genocide must also be a sin as it's the accumulation of numerous murders of a similar group, in this case, the human race).

How would you get rid of homosexuals? Just banish them? That won't even work. Homosexuality is not hereditary (obviously) and will continue to exist even if you remove the current homosexuals from society.

Oh, that's how. Killing them. Isn't that a sin too? Oh right, God's ok with killing sometimes. Weird. I'd consider killing more sinful than homosexuality, but he makes an exception for killing people. This God guy seems to be a poor moral compass if you ask me.
No, God says both adultery and homosexuality are capital crimes.

God's judgements on these matters are found in the scriptures.

God required His own Son to be executed so we could be forgiven of our sins (if we repent).

God doesn't compromise on sin. He let Christ be executed in payment for them.

But we must repent of our sins to receive the forgiveness of our sins.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:43 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,875 times
Maybe volunteering for an organization like this one would help those who just don't get it.

Get Involved | The Trevor Project

Although I would hate to see someone trying to tell a young gay person that they can change and how being gay is a sin.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:44 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:

God required His own Son to be executed so we could be forgiven of our sins (if we repent).

Ok... but you didn't address the GENOCIDE of the human race or the fact that God had countless people killed (well, not countless; the number is 2,476,633, and that's just the obvious ones). Satan killed 10, just to compare.

This supposed loving God thinks an appropriate punishment for simply be a homosexual is death. Same for having lust (which apparently can happen in your head?). Same for cheating (while I agree this one is wrong, execution seems a bit dramatic).

How can you follow this God's rule and be ok with what he says? If a president said 'let's kill homosexuals' or 'lets kill adulterers,' he'd be taken out of office (especially for the adulterers; congress is who can impeach a president and we all know congress's reputation with adultery). But God says it and he wrote it in a book saying it's true, so I guess we're good here?

Old 10-18-2014, 05:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:

God required His own Son to be executed so we could be forgiven of our sins
(if we repent).

You're confusing the Spirit of agape love with the theologies of men.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:33 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
I don't mean to trivialize your great effort to make homosexuality an acceptable lifestyle, but:

John 5:14
Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said unto him, “Behold, thou art made whole. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.”

Christ lived a sinless life not so that we could keep on sinning "lest a worse thing come unto" us but that we, after we have repented of our sins, could be forgiven of our sins and then receive God's Holy Spirit and live a godly life not keep on practising our past sins like adultery or homosexuality.

You need to go back and examine the scriptures a little more.
I suspect I've studied scripture a bit more than you have (REAL STUDY, not reading about it out of a Sunday School guide book). I was three hours short of a double minor in Bible during college. And it was hardcore, study your eyes out scriptural study about who the writers were (and weren't). It was not the Sunday School Christianity most so-called Christians spout off on these threads.

You are conflating scripture. John 5:14 has nothing to do with the bi-sexual Centurion who wanted his male concubine healed. It has to do with a crippled man--and Jesus believed like the Jews of His day that horrible diseases and birth defects came upon people because of either their sin or the sin of their fathers. He wasn't a superman on earth. He came from God limited to a human nature and to the knowledge of humans of His time.

Are you stating that you believe a child is born with defects because of the sins of their parents? I've known some very fine Christian people with children who had defects.

I am not trying to make an effort to make homosexuality an acceptable lifestyle, I'm trying to keep you from sinning further by condemning them. Where did Jesus demonize any sinner other than the religious ones who thought they were not. So you are a religious sinner but think you don't. I'm just following the steps of Jesus and illustrating that pointing fingers at one of the most minor sins that takes place in the entire nation--is overemphasized by self-righteous Pharisees.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear. Go and sin no more against your fellow sinners.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:37 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:

Yes, we must repent? Have you? Have you reached sinless perfection? No? But you are still forgiven, right? Then why won't you allow a homosexual the same grace under God that you have, since even you are not sinless?

Because you've chosen to be the judge, and have not left it to God. You've chosen to weigh behavior as opposed to the heart which you cannot see.

With what judgment you mete out, it shall be returned to you.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I suspect I've studied scripture a bit more than you have (REAL STUDY, not reading about it out of a Sunday School guide book). I was three hours short of a double minor in Bible during college. And it was hardcore, study your eyes out scriptural study about who the writers were (and weren't). It was not the Sunday School Christianity most so-called Christians spout off on these threads.

You are conflating scripture. John 5:14 has nothing to do with the bi-sexual Centurion who wanted his male concubine healed. It has to do with a crippled man--and Jesus believed like the Jews of His day that horrible diseases and birth defects came upon people because of either their sin or the sin of their fathers. He wasn't a superman on earth. He came from God limited to a human nature and to the knowledge of humans of His time.

Are you stating that you believe a child is born with defects because of the sins of their parents? I've known some very fine Christian people with children who had defects.

I am not trying to make an effort to make homosexuality an acceptable lifestyle, I'm trying to keep you from sinning further by condemning them. Where did Jesus demonize any sinner other than the religious ones who thought they were not. So you are a religious sinner but think you don't. I'm just following the steps of Jesus and illustrating that pointing fingers at one of the most minor sins that takes place in the entire nation--is overemphasized by self-righteous Pharisees.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear. Go and sin no more against your fellow sinners.
Sorry, but you definitely need to study the Bible more and not other men's thoughts/comments on the Book. Homosexuality is a sin and unless one repents of this sin and other sins and receives God's Holy Spirit their fate is ultimately the 2nd Death in the Lake of Fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity