Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 08:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times

Advertisements

Homosexuality is the gateway behavior to GREATER sin....

Old 11-07-2014, 09:52 AM

440 posts, read 377,279 times
The level of superiority complex and sefl-righteousness is atrocious.

None of these self-proclaimed christinas have addressed any of their sins. Those things they do in the privacy of their homes when no one sees them, except god.

Why don't you guys tell us about your everyday sins?
To call other sinners and throw bible verse at them you must be totally clean...

I love you guys by the way, but I hate your private sins.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:27 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Nice of you to so accurately start your paragraph with a description of the following contents of the paragraph. You are indeed wrong and it was nice of you to label it thus. Though nice of you to at least attempt to reply to one of my posts for the first time in some time.

As I said above you are making two clear errors here. The first is that you consistently equate homosexuality with anal sex when that equation is simply entirely wrong. And secondly you are not comparing like for like, as unprotected heterosexual sex brings with it higher risks and higher statistical down sides, than protected homosexual sex. You are simply warping the statistics to fit a propaganda attempt.
Let's slice your smoke screen, shall we? My point is to refute the point that homosexuality in no way, shape or fashion has ANY consequences. The only way you can completely refute my point is to prove that homosexuals never have anal sex. Can you even prove that most don't? The truth is that this is a very common activity with gay men, and the stats show that gay male sex is a leading cause for STD transmission. It's a plain straight fact that you are trying to confuse here with pointless comparisons. Heterosexual couples are not engaging in the same activities at the same level as gay men. Otherwise, we would see equal numbers of STD transmission among heterosexual. I would even be willing to bet that unprotected intercourse is even safer than M2M sex since a condom would tear very easily with that activity and you have a much higher chance of having blood contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post

I am not focusing on lesbians, I am bringing lesbians into the equation to highlight the fact that you are focusing not just solely on male homosexuals, but one sexual practice practiced by only a portion of homosexuals. Your issue is not with homosexuals, but with anal sex. Quite simply not a single statistic you have offered on the subject of anal sex is any more relevant to a discussion of homosexuality than it is to heterosexuality.... because they practice it too.

So you are focusing on one specific sex act in one specific group, and then misre
presenting me as focusing on a single group when I did no such thing. Wow. Just wow.
The fact that you can't just simply address my point head on, and have to throw other groups into the equation to muddy the waters shows how weak your argument really is. The stats are clear. The STD rates are higher in gay men. Not heterosexual, GAY.

Quote:

However, among men who have sex with men (MSM), there are higher rates of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), tobacco and drug use, and depression compared to other men.

CDC - For Your Health - Gay and Bisexual Men's Health

Old 11-07-2014, 12:19 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Quote:
However, among men who have sex with men (MSM),there are higher rates of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), tobacco and drug use, and depression compared to other men.
Quote from your link, jeff. Except you highlighted the part that you aren't contributing to. Tobacco, drug use, and depression are strongly linked to the amount of negative attitudes toward homosexuality. So be proud that you can count yourself among those who are actively harming those in the homosexual community.

Quote:
Adolescence is a difficult time for many young people but can be especially challenging for LGBT youth. Negative attitudes and cultural stigmas toward those who are gay or transgender put LGBT youth at an increased risk for bullying, teasing, and physical violence compared with their heterosexual peers.

A 2009 survey of more than 7,000 LGBT middle school and high school students between the ages of 13 and 21 found that, because of their sexuality, in the previous year:

8 in 10 had been verbally harassed at school
4 in 10 had been physically harassed at school
1 in 5 had been physically assaulted at school
6 in 10 felt unsafe at school

Because of the homosexual victimization, LGBT students were more likely than heterosexual students to report high levels of drug use, unexcused absences, feelings of depression, suicidal behaviors, and suicide attempts.
Sexual Orientation & Depression: Statistics & Where to Find Help

Quote:
LGBT discrimination is real and it has been felt in one way or another by almost every lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) person. Bisexual, transgender, gay and lesbian discrimination can be seen in almost every aspect of life from housing, to employment, to schooling to family and religion. This type of discrimination is driven by LGBT stigma and this type of stigma and discrimination often negatively impacts a person's mental health.

This impact of gay discrimination is seen in the mental illness rates of LGBT people. Unfortunately, according to a study, LGB people are about 2.5 times more likely to experience a mental illness
in their lifetime.
When LGBT Discrimination, Stigma Affects Your Mental Health - HealthyPlace

So in case you were going to make a stupid statement like being gay causes the mental health problems, consider some of the Christian people who suffered with mental problems:

Quote:
Some of the myths associated with clinical depression include "depression is a result of sin in your life." While this can be true, it is not always true. "Depression is a result of being out of fellowship with God." This myth flies in the face of some of God’s greatest men and women -missionary David Brainerd, preachers Charles Spurgeon, John Wesley, and Martin Luther,
writer Amy Carmichael, evangelists Freddie Gage and Ron Dunn, and writer/speaker Joni Eareckson Tada.
http://www.crossministry.org/index.p...tim&Itemid=278

And then, Paul has something to tell you, “...you have no excuse, whoever you are, when you judge others; for in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, are doing the very same things.” (Romans 2:1).

So you can be proud that the hate spewed from your religion causes more harm than anything you claim they have done. Wow, what a god you have.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 11-07-2014 at 12:27 PM..

Old 11-07-2014, 12:39 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Default Same sex marriage steeped in world history

Adolescent emperor Elagabalus referred to his chariot driver, a blond slave from Caria named Hierocles, as his husband.He also married an athlete named Zoticus in a lavish public ceremony in Rome amidst the rejoicings of the citizens.

These same-sex marriages continued until Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire. A law in the Theodosian Code (C. Th. 9.7.3) was issued in 342 AD by the Christian emperors Constantius II and Constans. This law prohibited same-sex marriage in ancient Rome and ordered that those who were so married were to be executed.

In the Middle Ages, a same-sex marriage between the two men Pedro Díaz and Muño Vandilaz in the Galician municipality of Rairiz de Veiga in Spain occurred on 16 April 1061. They were married by a priest at a small chapel. The historic documents about the church wedding were found at Monastery of San Salvador de Celanova.

In ancient India same-sex marriage was more common. One example being a Princess named Shikhandi (born Shikhandini) who was married off to another princess by her father King Drupada. According to traditions in South India, Krishna married Iravan to fulfill one of his three last wishes.

The Siwa Oasis in Egypt had an historical acceptance of male homosexuality and even rituals of same-sex marriage — traditions that Egyptian authorities have sought to repress, with increasing success, since the early 20th century. The German egyptologist George Steindorff explored the oasis in the year 1900 and reported that homosexual relations were common and often extended to a form of marriage.

Timeline of same-sex marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So WHEN did the church codify homosexuality as "evil" and worthy of death? Why in 429 C.E.

On March 26, 429, Emperor Theodosius II announced to the senate of Constantinople his intentions to form a committee to codify all of the laws (leges, singular lex) from the reign of Constantine up to Theodosius II and Valentinian III. Twenty-two scholars, working in two teams, worked for nine years starting in 429 to assemble what was to become the Theodosian Code.
Codex Theodosianus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not the writings of biblical authors.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Those who condemn live in greater fear, than those condemned by them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
I am not condemning individuals and you know it.

God absolutely condemns the abominable sin of homosexuality which requires by God's law that both parties be put to death to lose their physical life and if it is not repented of during the judgment they will die the second death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You just did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
No, God and His Word condemns homosexuality and condemns sinners to the lake of fire unless they repent of their sins.

Their condemnation is something they bring on themselves by sinning and Jesus Christ is the judge who will sentence them to the second death. I have nothing to do with the process. I am not trying to further their sins and give a green light to keep on sinning but exposing the abominable sin of homosexuality that will ultimately lead to the second death.

You need to look in the mirror and see if you can see the real one who is condemning these people to death by trying to uphold an abomination labelled by God as such and trying to trip up or silence those who are warning others to repent and turn from this sin and avoid the second death.

Things are not always as they appear.

And I don't see things the same way as you.
Condemning someone, never serves a purpose.

Last edited by Jerwade; 11-07-2014 at 08:54 PM..

Old 11-07-2014, 11:08 PM

440 posts, read 377,279 times

LGBT YOUTUBERS REACT TO 'How not to react when your child tells you he's gay video" - YouTube

Old 11-08-2014, 02:31 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Thanks for that.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:19 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Adolescent emperor Elagabalus referred to his chariot driver, a blond slave from Caria named Hierocles, as his husband.He also married an athlete named Zoticus in a lavish public ceremony in Rome amidst the rejoicings of the citizens.

These same-sex marriages continued until Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire. A law in the Theodosian Code (C. Th. 9.7.3) was issued in 342 AD by the Christian emperors Constantius II and Constans. This law prohibited same-sex marriage in ancient Rome and ordered that those who were so married were to be executed.

In the Middle Ages, a same-sex marriage between the two men Pedro Díaz and Muño Vandilaz in the Galician municipality of Rairiz de Veiga in Spain occurred on 16 April 1061. They were married by a priest at a small chapel. The historic documents about the church wedding were found at Monastery of San Salvador de Celanova.

In ancient India same-sex marriage was more common. One example being a Princess named Shikhandi (born Shikhandini) who was married off to another princess by her father King Drupada. According to traditions in South India, Krishna married Iravan to fulfill one of his three last wishes.

The Siwa Oasis in Egypt had an historical acceptance of male homosexuality and even rituals of same-sex marriage — traditions that Egyptian authorities have sought to repress, with increasing success, since the early 20th century. The German egyptologist George Steindorff explored the oasis in the year 1900 and reported that homosexual relations were common and often extended to a form of marriage.

Timeline of same-sex marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So WHEN did the church codify homosexuality as "evil" and worthy of death? Why in 429 C.E.

On March 26, 429, Emperor Theodosius II announced to the senate of Constantinople his intentions to form a committee to codify all of the laws (leges, singular lex) from the reign of Constantine up to Theodosius II and Valentinian III. Twenty-two scholars, working in two teams, worked for nine years starting in 429 to assemble what was to become the Theodosian Code.
Codex Theodosianus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not the writings of biblical authors.

"'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable. 'Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion. Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. "

Lev. 18:22-24

Old 11-08-2014, 07:34 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
See that is why it is pointless to try and answer the consequences question because your side always deflects it to another group or me personally. My response is so what? That doesn't change the fact that male on male sex is unhealthy and dangerous. Dodge it all you want. It's a fact. And society giving a thumbs up to homosexuality will only encourage more of this activity.

Also, studies reveal that most lesbians have had more than one sex partner including men which certainly blows the sexual orientation from birth theory out of the water.
Most HUMANS have had more than one sex partner. And many lesbians have been with men in an effort to stay in the closet and remain hidden. I was married to a man because it was what I was supposed to do, it was expected of me, and I would "burn in hell" for being a lesbian. I can tell you that didn't turn out well for either of us. We are still good friends, but both he and I are happier and healthier in loving relationships with someone we are attracted to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity