Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 05:56 AM

440 posts, read 374,709 times

Advertisements

Let's test the second most important commandment Jesus gave to his true followers

"Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

N.C. Pastor Charles Worley: "Put Gays And Lesbians In Electrified Pen To Kill Them Off" - YouTube

Old 11-09-2014, 06:44 AM

10,072 posts, read 5,692,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You've already rejected a ton of evidence--while providing none yourself. That's plain bigotry.

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel." --Matthew 23:22-24

Wow I haven't presented even a single tiny bit of evidence? Since you made the bold statement then you have to dispute the facts that I presented from the CDC. So you are saying that homosexuals are not having a high rate of STD transmission. Please present your "evidence" to support this position.

And please spare me the preaching. I don't need it coming from you.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:48 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,128,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Did legalization and societal acceptance of interracial marriage lead to more interracial couples?
Yes, because those that were already attracted to someone of a different race were now allowed to get married. Just like with SSM legal in many states people that are already attracted to the same sex can now get married. Will you be trying out SSM just because it's legal?

Old 11-09-2014, 09:34 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,224,358 times
Hatred and fear rule the minds of certain men; who rape, murder (kill), and pillage.
Often times, the innocent suffer or are crucified
"because of" their actions.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:36 AM

760 posts, read 762,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
When someone is obsessed with homosexuality..... it doesn't leave room for anything else. Obviously there's no room for Jesus and the whole "Love one another" thing.
Like Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and goblins, some of us have no use at all for this "jesus" thing and the whole invisible Santa Claus myth surrounding it.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:57 AM

440 posts, read 374,709 times
Religious fundamentalism is the anti-christ some might say as it is driving people out of churches.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:29 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,665,557 times
Quote:
Wow I haven't presented even a single tiny bit of evidence? Since you made the bold statement then you have to dispute the facts that I presented from the CDC. So you are saying that homosexuals are not having a high rate of STD transmission. Please present your "evidence" to support this position.

And please spare me the preaching. I don't need it coming from you.
Yep you presented ONE piece of evidence (unlike the half dozen or more I've presented for divorce) and YOU are one of the causes for high STD rates among homosexual. Yes, you, personally, along with many of your unchristlike brothers and sisters.

Quote:
The whine in the article then continues with George W. Rutherford, a professor of epidemiology at the University of California at San Francisco who captures something of the hedonistic disorder driving the numbers:
“With most of these populations, having a sexually transmitted
disease from having sex with another man is highly stigmatized,” he said.
“They’d rather not get tested for HIV, syphilis, or whatever. They don’t want it
to show up on their records.”

Neither do married men want diseases transmitted by their mistresses showing up on records. That said, there is an understandable stigma surrounding gay and bisexual men whose community has become the engine of disease in the United States where HIV, Syphilis, and Gonorrhea are concerned. Far from being ten percent of the population, as they claim, CDC points to the fact that MSM constitute two percent of the population.
Why HIV, Syphilis, and Gonorrhea are Rising Among Homosexuals | Coming Home

The availability of SSM would encourage more homosexuals to form long-term partnerships, become married, and leave the single lifestyle. This would reduce the number of sexual partners, and thus the incidence of STD transmission. SSM would have more of an effect on male gays than on lesbians, because the rate of STD infection among lesbians is already low -- lower than that for heterosexuals.

And why haven't you responded to my previous assertion that the bible as you quote it says NOTHING about same-sex relations between women. Does this mean God blesses it, or merely tolerates it like He does some divorce between heterosexuals?

Will it take a long time after the availability of SSM before divorce among homosexuals decreases to the intolerable 45% among heterosexuals. Probably. The level of hate filled diatribe by people claiming to be Christian will also have to decrease--and that will take longer still.

And finally, you don't take to preaching much by anyone except hatemongers. But here is some preaching by a man who knew what it was like to be hated:

Quote:
Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.

Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

MLK was looking through the ages toward your posts--and you.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. Matt. 23

The Pharisees were guilty of a massive distortion of God's will, or what could even be called God's pleasure, and in their zeal to be absolutely correct, they corrupted those they were leading. Their problem was their attitude toward law, one opposite from most people's. Most people tend to become looser and more liberal in their application of law, but for some strange reason, the Pharisees corrupted the law in the complete other direction. God felt it necessary to correct this corruption so that we would understand that it is equally perverse.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:52 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Why can't you self-righteous busy-bodies leave the homosexuals alone. It has NOTHING to do with YOU!!! Mind your own business. Taking care of YOUR iniquities should take up all of your time because I am convinced by your busybodying that you have plenty to correct.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:56 PM

10,072 posts, read 5,692,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why can't you self-righteous busy-bodies leave the homosexuals alone. It has NOTHING to do with YOU!!! Mind your own business. Taking care of YOUR iniquities should take up all of your time because I am convinced by your busybodying that you have plenty to correct.
Why can't the self-righteous homosexuals leave Christians alone? We only are speaking out because homosexuality encroaches into religious territory by demanding Christian business owners compromise their morals and bringing an unholy union into the house of God.

Legalization of SSM affects all of society in some way or fashion. Pretending that it has no effect is narrow minded thinking.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:01 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,045,735 times
Quote:
Why can't the self-righteous homosexuals leave Christians alone? We only are speaking out because homosexuality encroaches into religious territory by demanding Christian business owners compromise their morals and bringing an unholy union into the house of God.

Legalization of SSM affects all of society in some way or fashion. Pretending that it has no effect is narrow minded thinking.
Based on this, and other posts of yours, I would agree you know all about narrow-minded thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity