Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 08:02 PM

22,848 posts, read 10,249,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do you believe the Holy Spirit indwells in everyone who has been saved?
Before Jesus ever died and before Pentecost disciples were doing miracles, the spirit was within them, but the spirit was much stronger and different when it was given on Pentecost, and if that might of that spirit has passed away, it doesn't mean that we have no spirit does it?

If the spirit would have remained, then there would be no reason for Elijah to come again, no reason for him to restore all things.

So the promise is given, and it does go back to it's place, and that is the entire reason it is promised to come again, and the very reason why we should all be warning people to watch and pray for it's coming.

If one single person had the spirit like that which was given at Pentecost, I would love to know that persons name, I know of no such person who could walk into a town and heal everyone.

Salvation is salvation, and salvation comes to the many but salvation IS NOT reward.

The difference between salvation and reward is shown in many places, Here is just one place.

1 Corinthians 3

Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.…................BUT WATCH THE DIFFERENCE~~~~~If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

You can have salvation but suffer as one who goes through a fire and this is to die and go to heaven.

You yourself will be saved only as one who has gone through a fire because your works were burned up, and they are now gone.

But that is not the case with all people, imagine being one of the one's whose work is not burned up, and imagine his reward as he will be standing in the flames untouched by the fire.

He will rule the nations with an iron fist while the other goes to heaven, and this is to wait upon the second resurrection and the second death and judgment whether you shall continue or not.

But some will have no fear of the second death, the ones who are the firstfruits, because they were not just brides, they were brides that gave birth to full grown men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 08:27 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,023,376 times
Acknowledging the indwelling of spirit is not the sole provenance of Christians. Far from it. Any human who appreciates life, who has empathy for other living things - indeed for all living things except biting insects* - is rich in spirit.

Any human who denigrates others, who treats animals as unfeeling, who exalts himself over others, is sadly bereft.

I don't envy their final journey.

*None of us is perfect.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:19 AM

76,946 posts, read 47,265,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Before Jesus ever died and before Pentecost disciples were doing miracles, the spirit was within them, but the spirit was much stronger and different when it was given on Pentecost, and if that might of that spirit has passed away, it doesn't mean that we have no spirit does it?
Yes, I agree. I believe the Spirit indwells in every saved person, but I also believe there is a difference in indwelling and what happened at the pentacost, which was an event where the Spirit enabled the believers to speak in tongues and perform miracles etc. As you probably know, there are people who speak in tongues today. They are the very same people who argue that not all believers have "received" the Spirit. This belief contradicts Romans 8:9 "And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ." To them, the "receiving" of the Spirit is an event which happens after salvation, which would mean many people are saved, but do not have the Spirit.

Quote:
If the spirit would have remained, then there would be no reason for Elijah to come again, no reason for him to restore all things.
The Spirit is still with us today, although the miraculous gifts of the Spirit do not seem to be as active in today's ordinary believers as they were in the lives of the Apostles. Of course there is was always a difference between them and ordinary believers. I believe that even in those days the gifts of the Spirit, like healing, were an exception rather than the rule.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Acknowledging the indwelling of spirit is not the sole provenance of Christians. Far from it. Any human who appreciates life, who has empathy for other living things - indeed for all living things except biting insects* - is rich in spirit.
That is a topic for another thread.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:56 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,023,376 times
Quote:
That is a topic for another thread.
When did you become a mod?

Old 10-20-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Yes, I agree. I believe the Spirit indwells in every saved person, but I also believe there is a difference in indwelling and what happened at the pentacost, which was an event where the Spirit enabled the believers to speak in tongues and perform miracles etc. As you probably know, there are people who speak in tongues today. They are the very same people who argue that not all believers have "received" the Spirit. This belief contradicts Romans 8:9 "And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ." To them, the "receiving" of the Spirit is an event which happens after salvation, which would mean many people are saved, but do not have the Spirit.

The Spirit is still with us today, although the miraculous gifts of the Spirit do not seem to be as active in today's ordinary believers as they were in the lives of the Apostles. Of course there is was always a difference between them and ordinary believers. I believe that even in those days the gifts of the Spirit, like healing, were an exception rather than the rule.

I spoke in tongues for 40 years, I went around prophesying and people fell drunk before my feet. My family were prison ministers and no denomination.

We would spend all our time traveling from church to church.

We would walk into churches, me, my mother, and sister, and 100s of people would fall slain in the spirit before us, whole churches drunk.

Several people would call my house on a regular basis in the belief that I was a great prophet, and my mother a prophetess. We would stand people up in the middle of church and prophecy and they would just cry and cry and begin calling us about everything.

40 years of that, until I stopped.

I stopped speaking in tongues, I stopped having anything to do with slain in the spirit, I stopped thinking I was the great prophet and began repenting because I had become the false prophet.

I am no longer Pentecostal, no longer even Christian.

I took a good look at myself and my supposed great power and I considered what I had accomplished.

What I had accomplished was to abuse innocent naïve people into thinking I was a great prophet, but this was my spirit, not God's.

This spirit also came to the kingdom of Ephraim, and the kingdom of Ephraim had the same feasts and Sabbaths that Christians keep today.

The new wine of Ephraim, Ephraim rejected the entire worship system of God, called the Torah a strange thing, and for 280 years before God killed them, they went about reeling in drunkenness of the new wine they claimed to have. There has always been a power found in the gentile nations among their prophets and priests. The magicians of Egypt were able to copy Moses, but their power was not from God.

How do I really know that the great power I worked in wasn't from God?

Because I wasn't in the religion of God.

I had rejected his Torah and called his commandments unrighteous, I had invented my own Sabbaths, and my own feast days, traditions and rituals that in fact taught of a Babylonian Messiah.

I had rejected the laws of Moses and all the 7 appointed days of Jesus, and I knew nothing of Jesus feast days till after I was 40.

I had realized that I was in a separate religion than what the first disciples followed, and my entire worship system was based on Paganism.

But does the spirit of God move in other religions?

Does God give his spirit to those who have rejected his commandments, called the Torah a strange thing and invented their own Sabbaths and feast days from Pagan religions?

Made me wonder about the great prophet I was and who exactly I was prophesying for.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I spoke in tongues for 40 years, I went around prophesying and people fell drunk before my feet. My family were prison ministers and no denomination.

We would spend all our time traveling from church to church.

We would walk into churches, me, my mother, and sister, and 100s of people would fall slain in the spirit before us, whole churches drunk.

Several people would call my house on a regular basis in the belief that I was a great prophet, and my mother a prophetess. We would stand people up in the middle of church and prophecy and they would just cry and cry and begin calling us about everything.

40 years of that, until I stopped.

I stopped speaking in tongues, I stopped having anything to do with slain in the spirit, I stopped thinking I was the great prophet and began repenting because I had become the false prophet.

I am no longer Pentecostal, no longer even Christian.

I took a good look at myself and my supposed great power and I considered what I had accomplished.

What I had accomplished was to abuse innocent naïve people into thinking I was a great prophet, but this was my spirit, not God's.

This spirit also came to the kingdom of Ephraim, and the kingdom of Ephraim had the same feasts and Sabbaths that Christians keep today.

The new wine of Ephraim, Ephraim rejected the entire worship system of God, called the Torah a strange thing, and for 280 years before God killed them, they went about reeling in drunkenness of the new wine they claimed to have. There has always been a power found in the gentile nations among their prophets and priests. The magicians of Egypt were able to copy Moses, but their power was not from God.

How do I really know that the great power I worked in wasn't from God?

Because I wasn't in the religion of God.

I had rejected his Torah and called his commandments unrighteous, I had invented my own Sabbaths, and my own feast days, traditions and rituals that in fact taught of a Babylonian Messiah.

I had rejected the laws of Moses and all the 7 appointed days of Jesus, and I knew nothing of Jesus feast days till after I was 40.

I had realized that I was in a separate religion than what the first disciples followed, and my entire worship system was based on Paganism.

But does the spirit of God move in other religions?

Does God give his spirit to those who have rejected his commandments, called the Torah a strange thing and invented their own Sabbaths and feast days from Pagan religions?

Made me wonder about the great prophet I was and who exactly I was prophesying for.
That's a wild story. The Bible instructs believers to watch out for false prophets like you were. I have not seen what goes on in the Pentecostal church in US, but I have heard the stories.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
That's a wild story. The Bible instructs believers to watch out for false prophets like you were. I have not seen what goes on in the Pentecostal church in US, but I have heard the stories.

I have had a very interesting life, and you would find few people who were set up in such a dream job like that and turn away from it. Few people who would speak in tongues for decades and then stop.

To live a life where so many thousands of people consider you as a very Holy man filled with the spirit is a hard thing to walk away from.

People called me crying on a regular basis, and I would prophesy even more.

But if a person is to excel in a walk with God, HE MUST become the false prophet and for good reason.

I worked as a false prophet all those years, and anyone could see that it looked like power, but that was nothing at all.

A real spirit and power came to me after I had sold everything I own, I found a crippled poor Jew and I turned everything over to him. I gave him my truck, and I decided to become as a slave to him just because he was a Jew.

That was after I had stopped being a Pentecostal, and when I had given everything up, it was then that my life changed.

I had been a false prophet for decades, but it was nothing compared to what I was about to experience.

I had dreams and visions, and all my children and their mother's has the same dream in the same night that I did. The next day they all came to me wanting to know why they dreamed of me, and why they had all had the same dream in the same night.

I had visions that day, after I had dreamed of fighting a snake, and 3 days later, the dream came true and a snake bit me on the heel.

A spirit came to me showing me many things, and it was the first time that I really knew what I was seeing about people.

I was no longer alone, and this was after I had stopped being a Pentecostal and after I had stopped prophesying to people.

Then I really started prophesying and it was frightening to me and everyone who knew me.

I had truly became a true false prophet.

But anyone who went through what I went through would do the same thing and they do do the same thing.

If a person truly begins an honest walk with God, he is shown things, his children have dreams, he has dreams, and visions, and this really freaks people out.

So then I thought to myself,'' Finally after so long, I really have the spirit.''

But that is just part of the walk, part of the plan, and most people never get past being the false prophet.

If you see visions and supernatural things, you really will start thinking that you have been given a spirit, you can't help but think that.

You become a fool and you open your mouth where you should not open your mouth.

You are like Eve rambling on when she should have remained silence.

There is levels and graduations in a walk, and the first level is common to everyone who walks the walk.

They do as Moses killing the Egyptian, The do as the disciples who wanted to call fire down from heaven.

They are a prophet, but it is the spirit of Satan leading them, and that's why Jesus called them Satan.

After all those years of being a false prophet, converting to another religion and becoming a false prophet again, I finally learned silence.

A spirit can really come to people to teach them all things, and when the spirit comes, you know he is there, you may have thought you had the spirit for years, but when one comes, you are no longer alone, and he is just the first of 7.

What happens after a man has swept and cleaned his house out?

If a person had supernatural dreams and visions, he should tell no one, and he should just study where they are leading him to.

What if you were in heaven, and God looked down on somebody and said,'' who will go down to lead this person into knowing something?''

The sons will all say,'' I will, I will.''

So a spirit is sent to you to teach you a certain thing but how will he speak to you?

He can speak to you in anything or anyone, but what will a person do when it happens?

Instead of following the lead, they freak out and say,'' I have seen supernatural things, visions, I must be a prophet.''

So the spirit sent to you says to himself,'' Look at this fool, I was just trying to lead him into study and he freaks out.''

If the person keeps freaking out every time he is shown something, he cannot move on.

To learn silence in the face of supernatural things is very hard, but if a person does not learn to be cool, he cannot be lead anywhere.

First he has to learn that he aint no prophet.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 10-20-2014 at 12:55 PM..

Old 10-20-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I have had a very interesting life, and you would find few people who were set up in such a dream job like that and turn away from it. Few people who would speak in tongues for decades and then stop.

To live a life where so many thousands of people consider you as a very Holy man filled with the spirit is a hard thing to walk away from.

People called me crying on a regular basis, and I would prophesy even more.

But if a person is to excel in a walk with God, HE MUST become the false prophet and for good reason.

I worked as a false prophet all those years, and anyone could see that it looked like power, but that was nothing at all.

A real spirit and power came to me after I had sold everything I own, I found a crippled poor Jew and I turned everything over to him. I gave him my truck, and I decided to become as a slave to him just because he was a Jew.

That was after I had stopped being a Pentecostal, and when I had given everything up, it was then that my life changed.

I had been a false prophet for decades, but it was nothing compared to what I was about to experience.

I had dreams and visions, and all my children and their mother's has the same dream in the same night that I did. The next day they all came to me wanting to know why they dreamed of me, and why they had all had the same dream in the same night.

I had visions that day, after I had dreamed of fighting a snake, and 3 days later, the dream came true and a snake bit me on the heel.

A spirit came to me showing me many things, and it was the first time that I really knew what I was seeing about people.

I was no longer alone, and this was after I had stopped being a Pentecostal and after I had stopped prophesying to people.

Then I really started prophesying and it was frightening to me and everyone who knew me.

I had truly became a true false prophet.

But anyone who went through what I went through would do the same thing and they do do the same thing.

If a person truly begins an honest walk with God, he is shown things, his children have dreams, he has dreams, and visions, and this really freaks people out.

So then I thought to myself,'' Finally after so long, I really have the spirit.''

But that is just part of the walk, part of the plan, and most people never get past being the false prophet.

If you see visions and supernatural things, you really will start thinking that you have been given a spirit, you can't help but think that.

You become a fool and you open your mouth where you should not open your mouth.

You are like Eve rambling on when she should have remained silence.

There is levels and graduations in a walk, and the first level is common to everyone who walks the walk.

They do as Moses killing the Egyptian, The do as the disciples who wanted to call fire down from heaven.

They are a prophet, but it is the spirit of Satan leading them, and that's why Jesus called them Satan.

After all those years of being a false prophet, converting to another religion and becoming a false prophet again, I finally learned silence.

A spirit can really come to people to teach them all things, and when the spirit comes, you know he is there, you may have thought you had the spirit for years, but when one comes, you are no longer alone, and he is just the first of 7.

What happens after a man has swept and cleaned his house out?

If a person had supernatural dreams and visions, he should tell no one, and he should just study where they are leading him to.

What if you were in heaven, and God looked down on somebody and said,'' who will go down to lead this person into knowing something?''

The sons will all say,'' I will, I will.''

So a spirit is sent to you to teach you a certain thing but how will he speak to you?

He can speak to you in anything or anyone, but what will a person do when it happens?

Instead of following the lead, they freak out and say,'' I have seen supernatural things, visions, I must be a prophet.''

So the spirit sent to you says to himself,'' Look at this fool, I was just trying to lead him into study and he freaks out.''

If the person keeps freaking out every time he is shown something, he cannot move on.

To learn silence in the face of supernatural things is very hard, but if a person does not learn to be cool, he cannot be lead anywhere.

First he has to learn that he aint no prophet.
I do not agree everyone thinks they are a prophet if God shows them a dream / vision.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I do not agree everyone thinks they are a prophet if God shows them a dream / vision.

True.

But when a spirit comes to you and moves smoke to speak to you, it's different.

When the entire world opens up to you, and somebody is there making the world speak to you, it's different.

I had lived 40 years and I had a couple dreams, but this alone didn't make me think to be a prophet. But when things happen to you and everyone around you to the point of frightening even your own immediate family, it's different.

My family had taken in people all our lives, we always helped the poor, I never cared for money myself. I had taken in countless of people, fed them, found them jobs, got them cars, but nothing ever happened.

It was after I learned what a vessel was, that the wise virgins had carried extra vessels that they had filled with oil, and I considered the millions of millions of brides who begged the other brides saying,'' Give us this oil.''

It was after I really learned what Jesus did when he made one man out of two men, and then I learned that I was a gentile standing alone.

What will happen when the foolish virgins are told where to buy the oil?

We will see millions upon millions of Christians realizing what they should have been doing with their money, and the world will gather the wealth of the world for one single cause because the foolish virgins learn where to purchase oil.

So I had found out how to obtain an extra vessel, and how to fill that vessel with oil, and I did that until the day he died, and I am no longer a gentile standing without a Jew, I made a contract with a crippled Jew, and a rare Jew at that. He is rare in that he can actually be traced back to David. He had spent his life in the red sea, and he was the official head translator for the nation of Israel and a good friend of Benjamin Netanyahu.

But he had fallen on hard times and a whole group of Christians bought him a house, we gave him a vehicle, clothed him, fed him, and were happy to do it.

I had made a contract to actually become one with a Jew because this is what the world is waiting on.

When I had given him everything, I signed over my life to him and we really loved each other. He only had one leg, and not a toe to speak of.

He was my vessel.

And although I had helped many people before him, what happened to me after I decided to become one with him was the coming of things I never expected.

He had never expected the things that happened either.

Find a brethren of Jesus, a poor needy widow, a crippled Jew and serve him, and then hold on tight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity