Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2014, 11:38 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Adults, capable of legal consent.
Children not capable of legal consent.

But you know you're right. Incest should be legal since your bible says it's ok. I mean Adam and Eves kids had to reproduce with someone. Right?
Lot had children with his two daughters. The Bible is full of this nasty stuff.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:46 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,980,627 times
Quote:
And I am telling you again, I am not a lawyer and was not involved in creating those laws. If you want an answer, go ask them. Marrying a child is not my concern. IF the issue ever comes to court I will look at the facts presented and make a determination then. I don't deal in hypothetical situations when reality is right here and is biting me in the butt.
Then how do you know it shouldn't be done? I think you are proving my point. You don't have a reason to distinguish homosexuality from incest. That is key because if you don't agree with incest then how do you deny them what you are trying to get?

Old 10-24-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
The only thing needed in regards to the law is the US constitution.

Amendment XIV

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

That is all that needs to be said regarding unequal treatment under the law. And it is the very thing all of the courts have decided too.
Everyone can marry someone of the opposite sex. How is that not equal? I wouldn't have the right to marry a man in your state either, so it's even across the board. Otherwise as you would say it's gender discrimination. Both genders cannot both be discriminated against.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Adults, capable of legal consent.
Children not capable of legal consent.

But you know you're right. Incest should be legal since your bible says it's ok. I mean Adam and Eves kids had to reproduce with someone. Right?
Adult children?

Old 10-24-2014, 11:53 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Then how do you know it shouldn't be done? I think you ate proving my point. You don't have a reason to distinguish homosexuality from incest. That is key because if you don't agree with incest then how do you dent them what you are trying to get?
I am stating the LAW is fair in it's application as NO ONE is legally allowed to marry their child.

There are and were many different restrictions on marriage.

Race = overturned
Gender = being overturned
number = maybe in the future if they can prove their case.
Age = has changed repeatedly over the years.
blood relation = may or may not change depending of if they can prove their case.

The race restriction has no effect on any of the other restrictions.
The gender restriction has no effect on the other restrictions.

EACH restriction stands or falls based on its own merits.

All I am saying is that laws against incest are not the same as laws against SSM. Just like laws against speeding are not the same as laws against jaywalking.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Everyone can marry someone of the opposite sex. How is that not equal? I wouldn't have the right to marry a man in your state either, so it's even across the board. Otherwise as you would say it's gender discrimination. Both genders cannot both be discriminated against.
Everyone can marry withing their own race. How is that not equal? It's even across the board. Both races can not be discriminated against.

See how silly that is?

Old 10-24-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Then how do you know it shouldn't be done? I think you are proving my point. You don't have a reason to distinguish homosexuality from incest. That is key because if you don't agree with incest then how do you deny them what you are trying to get?
What is your reason to distinguish heterosexuality from incest?

Old 10-24-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Adult children?
Still blood related. Have an issue with the law? Take it up with the courts, you may be allowed to marry your daughter if you so choose. Not my battle and totally unrelated to gender restrictions on marriage.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Jjrose cannot legally marry her partner; you are free to marry yours. That is how it is not equal.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Adult children?
A parent does not suddenly view their own child as a possible sex partner once the child becomes an adult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity