Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2016, 05:59 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Funny, because there is a lot of that in the bible, lol.
There's a lot of verses NEVER speaking positive of homosexuality either.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:10 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
There's a lot of verses NEVER speaking positive of homosexuality either.
Leaving one to think it was a non-issue, regardless of your capitalization of "never".

Old 05-18-2016, 07:50 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Thread after thread that keeps popping up trying to justify this as normal, the will of God or accept me or you're a bigot. If you disagree with the lifestyle its not your opinion, its now hate speech, but if the LGBT accept it and call you names for not agreeing its not consider hate speech.

Lets compare homosexuality, with adultery and incest, which are other forms of Sexual immorality listed by God.

For Adultery, I dont hear any one say, God made me this way to want multiple women/men, go Im going to cheat on my spouse and you better not say its wrong or your a bigot. Actually your an adulterphobe for not supporting my lifestyle of adultery and I should be able to openly be in adultery in the church too, dont judge.

LGBT says whats wrong with 2 committed adults doing what they want behind closed doors.

How about incest. Whats wrong with 2 loving and committed family members having sex with each other behind closed doors. God made them that way despite where is says in scriptures that is a 100% no no, just like he did on homosexuality. If you say anything against people that commit incest and are open about it in the church too, your a bigot or incestaphobic.

All 3 scenarios are listed as the sin of Sexual immorality by God and must be repented of. Jesus didnt speak on incest and bestiality, but that doesnt make them okay either. He didnt have to speak on homosexuality, because they all knew it was a abomination to God to live like that, it was wrong, goes against nature and the will of God and considered sexual immorality, so no need for Jesus to go in detail about something that is obvious to them like STOP at a stop sign is obvious to us in our current times.

We can sum this whole issue up right here.

Is Gay marriage or LGBT lifestyle backed by scriptures? NO
Is Gay marriage or LGBT lifestyle a sin according to scriptures? YES

Does God recognize marriage between anything other than a man and woman? NO
Is sex outside of marriage a sin according to scriptures? YES
Is homosexual sex outside of marriage sexual immorality according to scriptures ? YES
Is heterosexual sex outside of marriage sexual immorality according to scriptures ? YES

Does the bible say sexual immorality is a sin in the OT and NT? YES
Does the bible say people who practice sexual immorality will not go to heaven? YES

Its that simple, God doesnt hate a homosexual/lesbian, even though he calls their lifestyle an abomination, he still loves them. What he hates is the sin of sexual immorality and it must be repented of and it applies to gay and straight people. Since God sees sex outside of marriage as a sin and will never recognize a gay marriage, homosexuality will always be sexual immorality which is a SIN.

IN THE BEGINNING

Genesis 1:27
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Genesis 2:24
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
----------

JESUS CONFIRMS WHAT MARRIAGE IS

Matthew 19
3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him,“Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?”
4 And He answered and said to them,“Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said,‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
7 They said to Him,“Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?”
8 He said to them,“Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.
9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality,[d] and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.”

So Jesus taught from the Torah and it is pretty clear and straight forward that marriage is between a man and a woman only, so Gay marriage and homosexuality will never be okay in the eyes of God.

SEXUAL IMMORALITY IS A SIN AND A SIN AGAINST YOUR OWN BODY
1 Corinthians 6:18
18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

Gay Marriage, Homosexuality, and Sexual Immorality is wrong, no matter how one tries to flip scriptures to suit them. As a true believer we are to let the bible be the standard, not man kinds corrupt traditions. In the end you give an account to Jesus, not mankind.

Lev 18:22, Lev 20:13, Rom 1:24-32, 1 Cor 6:9, Rev 21:8
Did God have a problem with Abram marrying his sister, Sara? Nope, read Genesis
Did God have a problem with multiple wives? Nope, read Genesis (Lamech) and I Chronicles 3(David)
Did God have a problem with prostitutes? Nope, unless it was Temple prostitution or the daughter of a priest.
Quote:
The prostitute was an accepted though deprecated member of the Israelite society, both in urban and rural life (Gen. 38:14; Josh. 2:1ff.; I Kings 3:16–27). The Bible refers to Tamar's temporary harlotry and to the professional harlotry of Rahab without passing any moral judgment. The visits of Samson to the harlot of Gaza (Judg. 16:1) are not condemned, but conform with his picaresque life. Harlots had access to the king's tribunal, as other people (I Kings 3:16ff.)
Prostitution | Jewish Virtual Library

Did God change His mind about multiple wives and prostitution? No biblical evidence that God said so, just that writing of men. Not one refers to God stating it was wrong.

Monogamy was brought to christianity by the Romans. For all their other pagan ideas, THEY required monogamy and early christians and even Jews bought into it in order not to be persecuted.

Quote:
Christianity was strongly and aggressively propagated from the Roman Empire into the West and from the West into the rest of the world and thus came to be known as a western religion. It should be noted that the Romans were notoriously monogamous due to an inherent exclusivity (which we shall discuss later) in monogamy. These are some of the practices and enforcement, even on their own monarchs and nobles. Nero, the Caesar who divorced, banished and murdered his first wife in order to marry the second.
-----------
Greco-Roman values and interpretation of the Bible are still very much in the Christian lifestyle. This includes enforced monogamy, the Roman form of idolizing woman and the goddesses. Christianity today is still very much Romanized where monogamy is Law rather than being Hebraic in nature where polygamy was well accepted in the sight of God and man. By renouncing the Jews, the ways of the patriarchal fathers and their ways were also renounced, thus so was Biblical polygamy.
http://www.patriarchywebsite.com/mon...ROMAN%20CHURCH

If you can't even grasp the history of heterosexual monogamy and biblical polygamy, you aren't the person to try and school anyone with regard to homosexuality and marriage. Your mind has been corrupted by denominational handlers--sometimes called preachers and priests.

Oh, yes. Today is my 45 wedding anniversary--all to the same woman, the only one I have known "biblically." I think monogamy has some very good cultural values. They simply aren't biblical. And I try to stay away from saying something is biblical when it is simply reading my own cultural values into Scripture. That's what you have done.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:03 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
why does it matter in the end? If you want to be in a homosexual relationship. then do it.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Leaving one to think it was a non-issue, regardless of your capitalization of "never".
If that was the case then we wouldn't have the many verses speaking very NEGATIVE of it.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:35 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1
Nothing new here. Same bogus arguments over and over again trying to take the spots off a leopard so they can claim it's something different. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Once the hubbub dies down, homosexuality will be taken as seriously as the 4th Commandment.
Very good. I don't know how many people caught that.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:46 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX
Quote:
If that was the case then we wouldn't have the many verses speaking very NEGATIVE of it.
We're fibbing again, Jeff, aren't we? You would be hard pressed to find even four scriptures in the entire New Testament (NONE of them from Jesus) that reference homosexuality. Even then they have nothing to do with today's definition of the term but rather describe idolatry practices of the times.

I won't embarrass you by asking you to present those 'many' scriptures. . . .

Old 05-18-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Back it up with your proofs, Jeff.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
We're fibbing again, Jeff, aren't we? You would be hard pressed to find even four scriptures in the entire New Testament (NONE of them from Jesus) that reference homosexuality. Even then they have nothing to do with today's definition of the term but rather describe idolatry practices of the times.

Thanks for your post. We are on the same page.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

Yea we all know the wide twisting of very clear scriptures that you must practice in order to make such a statement. I read that it is unnatural for men to lie with each other, and you tell me, oh no, that actually means a temple prostitute is sinful! I read that homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God and you, well I guess you just pretend that one doesn't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity