Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2014, 09:12 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Many of those people live here and they vote. As a matter of fact, every time you get gas in your gas tank, you are likely funding the same people who support gay marriage bans and support killing gays in their home countries.
And there are scores of companies who supports same-sex marriage, and you will find their items in your home. So when you are at the grocery store filling up your buggy you are supporting same-sex marriage. More than likely anytime you buy an airline ticket you are supporting same-sex marriage.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:13 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
No, you getting married is not the same as when I got married and no matter how it is recognized it will never been the same in my eyes.
That's fine.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Okay. Injustice coming to an end is very apt for this thread anyway. Jesus will be the ultimate judge of injustices.
Sure, OK.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Okay. Injustice coming to an end is very apt for this thread anyway. Jesus will be the ultimate judge of injustices.
They were again, you might want to follow your own advice.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:15 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Then move. That's what people do when they are seeking opportunity. There are states that do. There are things I could not do in my home state, that influenced me moving from it. People do it all the time. If it's that important than make the effort.
Please practice what you preach. Get out of the NATION. We are now a nation accepting homosexual marriage. A new president or new congress will not help your bigotry. There are plenty of Muslim countries who might not honor the fact you call yourself a Christian, but just keep insisting how you want to help stone gay people. Sort of forging a bond, ya know!

Old 10-23-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Happens all the time. This issue is not unique. Gun rights, marrying cousins, minimum wage. There are many reasons why people move.
A better solution is to simply offer the same rights to all. That is what the Constitution says we will do, so we should do it.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:21 PM

List of companies that support same sex marriage. Now you can decide whether to patronize them or not.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I need you to at least know that the person you are defending is a woman. Are you reading what is saying or are you just trying to argue?

I'm driving people from Christianity, yet you, a supposed Christian, reference everything but the Bible to support your points?

I think it's obvious that you have been hurt by the church and you are using the title of a Christian to purposefully deceive people.
I don't NEED to deceive people. I HATE YOUR RELIGION WITH A PASSION. It's the blind leading the blind. Yes, several churches broke my heart--over the very thing this thread is about. As a Christian who knows God is ultimately about love and forgiveness more than about judgment and retribution, I read Satan in ever word you post. So do the majority of young people who are leaving evangelical Christianity in droves. Twenty percent of adults over the age of thirty who previously attended church no longer do so. The decline has come as the anti-gay rhetoric has increased. People don't see Jesus in that crap. They see it for what it really is--Satan posing as Christ.

Go back and carefully read posts 11, 14, 15, & 18. You have been left in the 19th century, and your allies are fast deserting you. Soon you can wave your flag and say "I will never surrender." The nation is abandoning this latest form of bigotry--and along with it the church that is supporting it. It's become such an alarming trend that some of the most conservative religious leaders are re-thinking their position. That includes the pastor of the 14,000 member First Baptist Church of Dallas--about as right wing as you can get. He has admitted he no longer emphasizes homosexuality over any other sin--something that has been apparent to members and non-members alike.

I've given plenty of bible references and so help me God one of your fellow fundamentalists called me out about using the apocryphal story about Jesus helping the woman caught in adultery. It's one of the finest stories not found in the oldest copy of the gospel of John. So now fundamentalists insist that ALL the scripture is inspired and inerrant--except when it can be used to show what hypocrites they are.

I've gotten countless reps from unknown people--and I expect a few of them are gay--for standing against the false Christianity, the moralizing demonizing Christianity that you are touting as holy. Jesus did not consider the Bible holy. He told the Pharisees that, yes, they knew the scripture and thought in them they found salvation--but the scripture points to Him who they did not accept. You can quote Leviticus and Paul--but you can't live like Jesus commanded--in love and acceptance of your fellow man--therefore you do not follow Him because you do not obey HIS commandments. He was all about telling the Pharisees they had no true understanding of what Scripture meant, and He was also fond of explaining that the truth of the scripture would be hidden from some because of the hardness of their hearts.

And understand this, for over 20 years the calling I've had in my heart from God is to confront so-called Christians with the hypocrisy practiced in their churches--by accepting and ignoring some sin while hissing and pointing fingers at others like in the old movie Body Snatchers. You are hissing and pointing fingers because you see anyone that is not a twin brother in your view of scripture as not a brother at all.

But some of us are more interested in following Jesus and bringing everyone to Jesus. Some of us feel like reaching out to everyone is the most exemplary way of following Jesus.

You do KNOW your bible. You simply don't see it as subordinate to the Son of God. You EQUATE it with God--and that is idolatry.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:46 PM

Hey, great post. Tomorrow I'm going to go get my Starbucks, then head over to Applebee's for brunch while being sure to order a coke. Then I'm going over to Sears and Penney's to look around.

In the evening I'll cruise Amazon for a bit!!

Old 10-23-2014, 10:31 PM

251 posts, read 299,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Sexual orientation is not a lifestyle. And why can't an opinion be hateful? "Disagreeing" with homosexuality is a hateful opinion.
How is it hateful? If you disagree with a alcoholic life style, does that mean you hate him? No, it just mean you don't like what he's doing. I can see if the person is bashing or saying burn at the stake, etc. I disagree with the gay lifestyle but I will still hang with a homosexual if he or she not a a-hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity