Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 06:46 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,765,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
John 14: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me...13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

This is why the Holy Spirit cannot answer prayers because that is the Son's job, not His, so that when prayers are answered, the Father may receive thanks in Jesus's name.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Hebrews 4:12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

This also means that the Holy Spirit cannot give His own intercessions as His prayers are unspeakable as they cannot be uttered.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. KJV only

The underlined is derived from the Greek text alaletos with this definition below;
Quoted from this link below:

Strong's Greek Dictionary - Bible Software by johnhurt.com

That means no sound at all, which is why verse 27 exists as it ties in the identity of the "he" with Hebrews 4:12-16 as the Word of God that searches our hearts.

Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. KJV only

Which is why the "he" that searches our hearts also knows the mind of the Spirit, as it is the Son's job to give the intercessions of the Spirit's to the Father and not just ours alone for the will of God the Father is for there to be only One Mediator between God and men as Jesus is still the only way to come to God the Father by in prayer, fellowship, and worship.

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

This also explains how the Father knows before we ask anything in prayer and that is because of Jesus, the Son of God, searching our hearts & knowing the mind of the Spirit.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

So not only is it wrong to pray to the Holy Spirit, but the Holy Spirit will not use God's gift of tongues which is for speaking unto the people, to be used as a prayer language.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

When the Holy Spirit speak, it is not of His own words, but speaking what He hears. That is why His intercessions are unspekable and they cannot be uttered by Him when He is serving in this role of conveying the words of Christ to us when the Son of God is living as our Good Shepherd too.

Paul clarified what God's gift of tongues were for in the event some may misunderstood his words.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

He was clear before, but some may take his words out of context per example below by ignoring verse 13 to imfer that verse 14 proves tongues can be used as a prayer language.

1 Corinthians 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

That's Paul testifying that if any one speaks in tongues, pray that some one else may interpret that tongue.

14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

That's Paul testifying as to who is praying; he is so that the tongue may be interpreted and this no one can say it is the Holy Spirit that is praying.

15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

This testify by Paul that as a tongue speaker, speaking in tongues is unfruitful to himself unless interpreted and thus leaving no margin for error that tongues are of other men's lips to speak unto the people. He at no time, said that of tongues comes with no interpretation, that everybody was to stop what they were doing because the Holy Spirit is praying now. It did not happen then and it is not happening now so that believers can test the spirits and the tongues they bring as not being of Him.

The will of God is for us to pray and not go around the Son in coming to God the Father in doing it.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

That also means the Holy Spirit will not cut inbetween us and the Son in praying.

John 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door:....

So know the will of God is for us to pray without ceasing as the Holy Spirit will never cut in between us in our praying.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you...21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

2 Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness....24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

It is the will of God to go before that throne of grace to pray normally to the Father in Jesus's name so that we know what we had prayed for so that when prayers are answered, we can give the Father genuine and heartfelt thanks in Jesus's name.

It is the will of the devil to stop believers from doing that with babbling nonsense.

There is no need for a secret communication between us and God when the devil cannot do anything to undermine His will nor His spoken Word. The devil had to have permission to attack Job, and so it is nonsense to believe that the supernatural tongue that comes with no interpretation is necessary at all.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Matthew 6:7-8 already testify that the Father knows before we ask anything in prayer and so there is no need for the Holy Spirit to use God's gift of tongues which is of other men's lips to speak unto the people as a prayer language when the Son of God knows the mind of the Spirit to give His intercessions for Him to the Father.
The eye is the lamp of the body. If the eye is good the body will be filled with light. If the eye is bad the body will be filled with darkness and if the light in you is darkness how great that darkness will be.

From the believers heart will flow rivers of living water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 08:13 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,225,242 times
GINOLJC, 2 all. to PoorInSpirit, you said,
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
The Father draws all men unto the Son. John 6:44 The Father is the One that reveals the Son to sinners so they can believe. Matthew 11:25-27 The Father gives us to the Son to save & to keep. John 6:39

That's the Father's job. It's certainly not the Son's job, and it's certainly not the Holy Spirit's job).
1 Corinthians 12:13 "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit". it seem like the Spirit, (the Holy Spirit), puts us into the body of his Son. and God is a Spirit, (see John 4:24). so that just killed the Father job, as you say. for the Holy Spirit is God the Father.

Quote:
The Son is the only Mediator between God and men 1 Timothy 2:5 for the purpose of always making intercessions for us ( Hebrews 7:25 ) as He searches our hearts ( Hebrews 4:12-16 ) just as He knows the mind of the Spirit's in making intercessions for the Spirit and for us ( Romans 8:26-27 ) because only the Son can answer prayers so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers ( John 14:13-14 ).
So the Son, as you say is the "ONLY" mediator, lets read Galatians 3:20 "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one". in flesh as a man, see John 1:14, God mediates between himself, and US. and you quotes scripture, who makes "INTERCESSIONS" for us, right. I suggest you read Romans 8:26. and to make it plain, the Holy Spirit who make intercessions for us, is the Lord Jesus himself, GOD ALMIGHTY. Yes the Lord Jesus is the Comforter, God in flesh, read John chapter 14 carefully. now lets clearly see this intercessor who is the man Jesus, God in flesh Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me". NONE TO HELP?, one who help is a comforter or intercessor, or Counsellor, (see Isaiah 9:6). now this intercessor, this helper, or Counsellor is the ARM of GOD, listen and understand what God, the Father is about to say, Isaiah 59:16 "And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him". here is the Galatians 3:20 scripture explained. God came as a MAN in flesh and blood to help man, meaning to bring SALVATION to man, supportive scripture, Isaiah 35:4. and in this work of SALVATION, he intercedes on man behalf, see again Romans 8:26-27. God is ONE, as Galatians 3:20 truly states, so how did God do this. the answer is found in Phil. 2:6, he shared himself in flesh, THIS IS THE ARM OF GOD, a ARM of Flesh. for the SHARED spirit of God was MADE FLESH, again see John 1:14. so the mediator, or Comforter is God himself in flesh.

Quote:
So it is the Son's job to answer prayers; not the Holy Spirit's.)
, SMILE, see above.
Quote:
The Holy Spirit is the Comforter that relays the words of Christ to us and all the fruits of righteousness from the Son ( John 16:13-15 & Philippians 1:11 ). The job of the Holy Spirit is to testify of the Son ( John 15:26 ) and seek the glory of the Son ( John 16:14 ) as the Spirit of Christ will be leading us to do the exact same thing ( John 15:27 & Philppians 2:5-13 ). It is through us that the Holy Spirit does this job..
, Smile, see my second answer above.

Quote:
John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
, and the Lord Jesus did come on the day of PENTECOST, which is the First of his two fold returns. first in Spirit, (the Holy Spirit), to reprove the world, which he is doing as we speak. and he the Lord Jesus is our righteousness, for he dwells in us by his Spirit, (the Holy Spirit), see Romans 8:9. and this proves that the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, who is God. for there is "ONLY" one spirit. and YES, as you said, ther is "ONLY", mediator, (smile).

Quote:
Sinners do not need the Holy Spirit in them in order to convict them for not believing on Jesus Christ, and yet the Holy Spirit is a Divine Witness to convict them when they are judged by Jesus Christ..
, smile, see my second answer above, for the Lord Jesus as a man have already witness to us.

Quote:
So here's hoping that God is raising the awareness towards all those believers out there praying to the Holy Spirit that the Holy Spirit is not the One to go in coming to God the Father when only the Son is the One that can answer prayers as we can only approach God the Father by way of the Son.
that's the reason why God the Holy Spirit came as a man to provide a NEW LIVING WAY to HIM, see Hebrews 10:19 & 20, that's the whole purpose for the Holy Spirit coming in flesh. for no man can APPROCH the Spirit who dwells in the LIGHT, hence an intercessor.

Quote:
By His grace, those that see this truth, God may be peradventuring to recover others from praying to Mary and any of the departed saints as they are not the way in coming to God the Father in prayer either.
that's my point, see above.

Quote:
The way is really narrow after all in coming to God the Father in prayer.
only one way, re-read John chapter 14 again.

Quote:
John 14: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me...13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
same person, only in flesh as a man, again Galatians 3:20 is so clear, especially when read in conjunction with Isaiah 59:16

be blessed.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:28 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,544,170 times
the Holy Spirit IS the Son coming to us, and living in us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity