Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 07:42 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,299,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
However the doctrine is that the leadership is suppose to, it is their responsibility, or is the church doctrine wrong?
Doctrine based on the primitive mindset of men that lived more than 20 centuries ago is probably faulty. Those men that did not interpret God correctly because they were barbaric and driven by mythology.

It may take a long time but eventually the CC will come around. Pope Francis is a good indication of things to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 07:57 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,114,613 times
Funny thing is that the argument is bogus because none of them understand the Catholic Church. They were arguing about having to leave the Church because the Church does not "accept" gays. THAT IS ABSOULTY FALSE! The Church rejects the SIN of homosexuality. Just like it rejects the sin of coveting they neighbors goods. The Church welcomes the gay community. The Church loves the sinner. Hates the sin.

That goes for all sinners and all sin.

Very simple actually.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:59 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,114,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The priest has no way of knowing if a person coming up for communion is gay or lesbian.
Don't they have "gaydar?"

Old 11-10-2014, 08:24 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,299,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Don't they have "gaydar?"

I guess a gay priest would have a gaydar.

Too funny!

Old 11-11-2014, 08:50 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,942,686 times
There's something really wrong with this mindset. What does it mean when you say, "you believe". I mean you clearly disagree with doctrine that is taught in these churches which is why you have decided to keep yourself away from it in the first place. The problem is, these people want acceptance. Everyone wants to be accepted. There isn't a single person that lives their lives in the manner that they do and do not want to be validated by how they live, but the problem is people are too arrogant and prideful to humble themselves and change. Instead they blame others and say that they are wrong and then reject the notion of what is being taught.

To me I look at it like this, what makes you think that what you are doing is right and that the church is wrong? I certainly do not agree with many aspects of the Catholic Church and I myself would never affiliate with the Catholic Church, but that's because of my belief in the word of God. That's not because I think I have all the answers or that I am perfect.

Going around with this attitude is similar to joining a club, but not wanting to follow the rules of the club. I don't believe in forcing religion on people. I believe God has given us an option to accept him or reject him. For me I believe it's important for people to understand that doing things in a religious manner is wrong. If you haven't accept Jesus Christ in fullness in your heart and you have not repented then you have nothing. Calling yourself a recovering Catholic or even expecting churches to change the doctrine that they follow to make you feel good is wrong and it's prideful. These women have been hurt by religion and they are using the people who have hurt them as a crux for their beliefs.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:21 AM

12,317 posts, read 8,045,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
There's something really wrong with this mindset. What does it mean when you say, "you believe". I mean you clearly disagree with doctrine that is taught in these churches which is why you have decided to keep yourself away from it in the first place. The problem is, these people want acceptance. Everyone wants to be accepted. There isn't a single person that lives their lives in the manner that they do and do not want to be validated by how they live, but the problem is people are too arrogant and prideful to humble themselves and change. Instead they blame others and say that they are wrong and then reject the notion of what is being taught.

To me I look at it like this, what makes you think that what you are doing is right and that the church is wrong? I certainly do not agree with many aspects of the Catholic Church and I myself would never affiliate with the Catholic Church, but that's because of my belief in the word of God. That's not because I think I have all the answers or that I am perfect.

Going around with this attitude is similar to joining a club, but not wanting to follow the rules of the club. I don't believe in forcing religion on people. I believe God has given us an option to accept him or reject him. For me I believe it's important for people to understand that doing things in a religious manner is wrong. If you haven't accept Jesus Christ in fullness in your heart and you have not repented then you have nothing. Calling yourself a recovering Catholic or even expecting churches to change the doctrine that they follow to make you feel good is wrong and it's prideful. These women have been hurt by religion and they are using the people who have hurt them as a crux for their beliefs.
Of the "recovering" set I bet it was a small percentage who at some point choose to join the club and it was not the default position imposed within weeks of their birth.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:19 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,453,968 times
Default Early Christian Teachings on Homosexuality

Early Christian Teachings on Homosexuality | Chastity.com

"Some argue that neither the Bible nor apostolic tradition condemns the practice of homosexuality. Passages such as Leviticus 18:22–30, Romans 1:26–27, 1 Corinthians 6:9, and Jude 7 serve as ample proof that Scripture indeed condemns homosexuality. Below is ample proof from tradition. The Fathers are especially harsh against the practice of pederasty, the homosexual corruption of boys by men."

If you are going to leave a Church because it rejects sin than I guess you better leave. What is a Church for anyway if not to help people get to heaven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity