Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 07:57 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauricioCantos View Post
cremation is the devil's deception, it's a preview of hell for those who chose to burn the body God gave them
And this ignorant statement is based on what, exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 08:16 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,343 times
Quote:
cremation is the devil's deception, it's a preview of hell for those who chose to burn the body God gave them
oh of course, and if a person can not afford to be buried, and can only afford cremation, then to hell with them. obviously God didn't like that person that much in the first place, or he would have made sure the person had enough money for a proper burial. of course the heathens will try to say otherwise.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:38 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
You mean, as opposed to letting it be worm food?

Old 10-26-2014, 11:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Let's not sweep it under the carpet ...

... this comes from the fear based Theology of Hell.
One of the biggest "deceptions" of various Churches.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:05 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Oh. Well, then. In that case you better be responsible. Make all the pre-arrangments (including having everything paid-in-full) and make sure whoever is handling things knows where all the paperwork is. Do it today. You never know when you could be reading the Bible on your iPhone....... not paying any attention to where you're going.....walk in front of a bus and ....... oops.

You can't come back from the dead and yell at the guy who decided to save money and be green. "I TOLD you I didn't want to be cremated. Because of you I'm in the bad place!!"

Old 10-27-2014, 11:08 AM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Since you can't come back from the dead and yell at the guy who decided to save money and be green. "I TOLD you I didn't want to be cremated. Because of you I'm in the bad place!! "
I hadn't thought of that. Now God's apparently going to punish people because of the choices their survivors make. Real fair.

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-27-2014 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: fixed quote tag

Old 10-27-2014, 11:48 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Do you believe that Christian martyrs who chose to be burned at the stake rather than renounce their faith in Christ are in hell?

What about William Tyndale (1494-1536), a Greek and Hebrew scholar and Christian martyr who was strangled and then burned at the stake for the 'heresy' of translating the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts into English for the common man to read and understand?

Do you believe William Tyndale is in hell?

William Tyndale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

William Tyndale Christian Martyr Father Of The English Bible

Old 10-27-2014, 04:25 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,181 times
I hope it is not wrong, because that's what my dearly departed dad did. Well, actually, we allowed it to be done to him.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:37 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
I don't know what religious denomination you are allowing to fill your head with this kind of crap, and you are free to believe whatever you want, just don't make the mistake of thinking you speak for God on this or any other subject.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:01 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Do you believe that Christian martyrs who chose to be burned at the stake rather than renounce their faith in Christ are in hell?

What about William Tyndale (1494-1536), a Greek and Hebrew scholar and Christian martyr who was strangled and then burned at the stake for the 'heresy' of translating the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts into English for the common man to read and understand?

Do you believe William Tyndale is in hell?

William Tyndale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

William Tyndale Christian Martyr Father Of The English Bible
Think of all thsoe Christians Nero had burned as torches in his garden simply because they were faithful to God. Nuts they should have partied with Nero and had fun before being sent to hell, if being burned sends you there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity