Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 06:45 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:

time is coming when Christ, the Beloved Himself, stands
before His Father Who is Love, with the entire universe in train. What a
thrilling reception, what a glorious presentation that will be! The great end
for which the God of expectation waited, in perfect assurance, and for which
Christ gave Himself. How fully will such a conclusion accord with the delight of
His will!

Amen. Thank you for sharing. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 08:05 PM

Rodger, have you read these quotes by Charles Pridgeo?. I think that he was quoting someone else in one quote:

"Nothing is too hard for God. The dead will hear His voice.The harder the case and conditions, the greater the victory for God. God has said that in the dispensation of the fulness of times He would head up all in Christ, and it shall be even as He said."

"This old world is the cradle in which God is rocking the future heirs of the universe." (That is powerful...) The first-born heirs are chosen, that the others may be made beneficiaries and blessed through them; then all will share alike in God's domain. They are blessed to be made a blessing, and not for any personal or selfish reason.."

Is Hell Eternal? Or Will God's Plan Fail? Ch. 22 The Power of His Resurrection

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 11-14-2014 at 08:17 PM..

Old 11-15-2014, 06:19 AM

I meant Charles Pridgeon God bless.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:28 AM

Quote:

As some of you know, I, Rodger Tutt, had a horrific twelve year nervous
breakdown (1966-78, I’m 76 now) over my inability to successfully emotionally
cope with the idea that God would let anyone suffer forever.
Rodger, the idea that the Father would let someone suffer for all of eternity only brought death to me as I continued to reflect on what it really meant. Thank God, He opened my eyes. Knowing God as Father helped me to realize that the Father is greater than that. His judgments are meant for correction, not eternal suffering. I believe that the idea that God is unable to penetrate someone's heart because of what is believed to be free will, or because a heart is so hardened, so evil, so incorrigible, or whatever, diminishes the power of God to overcome evil with good.

The judgments of God have a higher purpose. They are not an end in themselves. We should look forward to the day, when all will learn righteousness. Some people only respond to tough love. There is a day coming.

Isaish 26:8-10 (NASB)

Indeed, while following the way of Your judgments, O Lord,
We have waited for You eagerly;
Your name, even Your memory, is the desire of our souls.
At night my soul longs for You,
Indeed, ]my spirit within me seeks You diligently;
For when the earth experiences Your judgments
The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

Psalm 96:11
Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fullness thereof. Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge THE WORLD with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

"Sadly, there seems to be no rejoicing about God's judgment, only warning. Warning is appropriate as you will see, but not absent of rejoicing. Jesus died FOR mankind, not against him. Therefore, the judgment of the world is intended to be FOR mankind not against him. So, why aren't Christians rejoicing about the judgments of the world?
http://mercifultruth.com/links-savedbygrace.html

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 11-15-2014 at 06:48 AM..

Old 11-16-2014, 11:17 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Post My answer to your question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Rodger, have you read these quotes by Charles Pridgeon?. I think that he was quoting someone else in one quote:

"Nothing is too hard for God. The dead will hear His voice. The harder the case and conditions, the greater the victory for God. God has said that in the dispensation of the fulness of times He would head up all in Christ, and it shall be even as He said."

"This old world is the cradle in which God is rocking the future heirs of the universe." (That is powerful...) The first-born heirs are chosen, that the others may be made beneficiaries and blessed through them; then all will share alike in God's domain. They are blessed to be made a blessing, and not for any personal or selfish reason.."

Is Hell Eternal? Or Will God's Plan Fail? Ch. 22 The Power of His Resurrection

God bless.
MY ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION

Shana, Charles Pridgeon's book was the very first book I read as I started my journey of hope of recovery from my twelve year (1966-78) nervous breakdown over my inability to successfully emotionally cope with the idea that God will let anyone choose themselves into an inescapapble state of everlasting suffering.
I read it even before I read REDEMPTION ALL IN ALL by Ray Prinzing who is my earthly hero and mentor.
Both were a HUGE help!!! And both can be read on the internet.

Here is another glorious similar quote from
THE FOOL OF QUALITY by Henry Brooke

“And thus, on the grand and final consummation, when every will shall be subdued to the will of good to all, our Jesus will take in hand the resigned chordage of our hearts. He will tune them as so many instruments, and will touch them with the finger of His own divine feelings. Then shall the wisdom, the might, the goodness of our God, become the wisdom, might and goodness of all His intelligent creatures. The happiness of each shall multiply and overflow in the wishes and participation of the happiness of all. The universe shall begin to sound with the song of congratulation, and all voices shall break forth in an eternal hallelujah of praise transcending praise, and glory transcending glory to God and the Lamb.”

Wikipedia says
"John Wesley was so fond of The Fool of Quality, in which Brooke declares his belief in universal salvation that he sought to have a copy of it given out to all new Methodist churches."

Old 11-18-2014, 06:28 PM

Thank you for sharing, Rodger God bless.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:17 PM

Glorious triumphant truths

Ephesians 1:9

having made known to us the secret of His will, according to His good pleasure, that He purposed in Himself,
10 in regard to the dispensation of the fulness of the times, to *bring into one the whole in the Christ, both the things in the heavens, and the things upon the earth -- in him;
11 in whom also we did obtain an inheritance, being foreordained according to the purpose of Him who the all things is working according to the counsel of His will,

(Young's Literal)

"Again you will notice the context of “heaven” and “earth.” This dual sphere is also repeated in Philippians 2:10-11:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
This reconciliation is truly universal! No creature will be left out. Nothing will be left alienated or unreconciled to God. There will be an entire, universal “restoration of all things.”
For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things … (Romans 11:36).
And when all things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him Who put all things under Him, that God may be All in all (I Corinthians 15:21-28).
Clyde L. Pilkington, Jr.
Bible Student’s Notebook
© 2008, 2009 The Reconciliation of All Things |

God bless.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:21 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Glorious triumphant truths

Ephesians 1:9

having made known to us the secret of His will, according to His good pleasure, that He purposed in Himself,
10 in regard to the dispensation of the fulness of the times, to *bring into one the whole in the Christ, both the things in the heavens, and the things upon the earth -- in him;
11 in whom also we did obtain an inheritance, being foreordained according to the purpose of Him who the all things is working according to the counsel of His will,
(Young's Literal)
"Again you will notice the context of “heaven” and “earth.” This dual sphere is also repeated in Philippians 2:10-11:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
This reconciliation is truly universal! No creature will be left out. Nothing will be left alienated or unreconciled to God. There will be an entire, universal “restoration of all things.”
For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things … (Romans 11:36).
And when all things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him Who put all things under Him, that God may be All in all (I Corinthians 15:21-28).
Clyde L. Pilkington, Jr.
Bible Student’s Notebook
© 2008, 2009 The Reconciliation of All Things |

God bless.
Thanks Shana.
I have had ETers try to argue that salavtion will include all in the heavens (plural) and on the earth, but not those in hell, which, they say is not in the heavens but is in the center of the earth although they don't provide scripture for saying that.
I respond with “All that Yahweh delights He does, In the heavens and on earth,
In the seas and in every abyss” Ps. 135:6. See Matt. 19:25, 26.

The reason we know that everyone will eventually be saved is because God “will have all men to be saved” (1 Timothy 2:4)
It is God’s “pleasure” that all mankind be saved.
And “God is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will” (Ephesians 1:11).
Change it to read “in accord with the counsel of what He wants” if you like.
Because God says
"My counsel shall stand.
I will do all my pleasure
(the saving of all mankind is part of the pleasure that God wants)
Yea I have spoken it.
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it.
I will also do it."
Isaiah 46:10,11

Job 23:13 “But He stands alone, and who can oppose Him?
He does whatever he pleases.
(the saving of all mankind is part of what He wants that pleases Him).

Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
(the saving of all mankind is part of all of which God desires or wants)

So we see God does all His pleasure, He does whatever He pleases, and His word accomplishes that which He desires.
His pleasure, that which He desires and pleases Him is what He wants.
His will = What He wants
What does He want?
THE SALVATION OF ALL MANKIND
Why will it happen?
Because God Himself will see to it that it gets done.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:12 AM

Amen, Rodger. Jesus who is the Word of God, was sent to be the Savior of the world. He will not fail in accomplishing this mission. I fully believe and look forward to the day when all will be delivered from sin and death, when all hearts will return to the One who created them all. Too many limit the power of God and think that man's "Free will" cannot be touched by the One who will subject/subdue all things to Himself. God bless.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:15 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,428,640 times
The heaven and hell, of Islam and Christianity, are completely different places..

ie. Islam's hell is mostly women

Islam's heaven is made to cater to the sexual fantasies of a young man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity