U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:01 PM

384 posts, read 72,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Jesus was a Middle Eastern Jew. He had brown skin, dark hair, and a beard.

Honestly though...

I have no big problem with other cultures painting or sculpting Jesus to reflect their culture. I have no problem with European art that expresses Jesus as a European, African art that expresses Jesus as an African, Asian art...etc. You get my point. It is that particular culture's way of loving Jesus and proclaiming, "He died for us." Nothing wrong with that.

It's when people start trying to claim that Jesus was white (like some radical forms of American evangelicals) or Jesus was black (like Louis Farrakhan), that they cross the line into I'm A Loon territory.
That makes no sense. Since the middle east was part of the egyptian empire. So why saying jesus is black is crossing into looning territory. You do know jesus is from palestine. You know its black people still living in the middle east today. In places like saudi arabia, egypt, israel, and palestine. Even after thousands of years of mixing with persians, greeks, romans, arabs, and others. If you go to africa, you will find men. You claim to be the orginal israelites. I don't know of any white, asian, or hispanic men who claim to be the isaraelites. Check out alexandria egypt, for a prime example. Mix breeding what they call back in those days. Flourished after alexander the great conquer egypt. Thats why in cairo and alexandria most people look brown or fairskin. But still not white, but not black either. But the black hair and darkskin like osama bin laden should tell you something. When you leave those cities. You will see black egyptians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 01:16 PM

8,495 posts, read 11,184,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoeboy View Post
That makes no sense. Since the middle east was part of the egyptian empire.
There was no Egyptian Empire during the time of Christ. Egypt hadn't had an empire for hundreds of years by that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoeboy View Post
So why saying jesus is black is crossing into looning territory.
If by "black" you mean African, then yes it is silly, because Jesus was Jewish. Not Egyptian and not African. If by "black" you mean he had brown skin...then, I believe that's what I wrote.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:44 AM

15,819 posts, read 32,425,087 times
Every time that I have seen him he was psychedelic. Last time he was purple with green and burgundy spots. I think that he can be any color that he wants to be. Can't he?

Old 01-13-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
There was no Egyptian Empire during the time of Christ. Egypt hadn't had an empire for hundreds of years by that time.

If by "black" you mean African, then yes it is silly, because Jesus was Jewish. Not Egyptian and not African. If by "black" you mean he had brown skin...then, I believe that's what I wrote.
Who said jesus was egyptian, i said he was from palestine. Palestine, Palestine is his birthplace.
The egyptian empire was africa and the middle east. Just because the word egyptian empire wasn't use. Until the time of around moses. Doesnt mean africa and the middle east weren't connected. Remeber what you learned in highschool, the world broke apart. Thats what we have now with continents. Jesus was jewish OKAY. JEWISH IS NOT A RACE. I love when people say he was jewish. Okay he still has to be black, white, hispanic, or asian. Or another race, jewish is no race just a religion. So how do you know he wasn't african or black. Some black people do have brown skin you know. The first jews are from israel, ethopia, and egypt which is the middle east and africa. Why do people from the middle east look. More like black people. Than white people. The middle east is between europe and africa. Osama bin laden has dark skin and dark hair. Is he closer to what being black portrays, or what being white portrays. How come when i go to egypt(except cairo and alexandria) i will accepted like it is my homeland. But if a white person goes into the nile river valley. They will be called a foreigner. Moses married a ethopian wife. Moses was a black israelite who was mistaken for a black egyptian. White jews have no connection the middle east

Again he was jewish i got you. He was born in palestine right beside israel. There are alot of black jews still in israel today. But you haven't said what race he was. All you said he was jewish. Do you really think its a coincidence in palestine today 2008. Majority of the black population live in jericho. Does joshua ring a bell?

There are still black people who live in the middle east this day. Even after thousands of years of arabs, greeks, romans, libiyans, persians, and others conquering egypt and the middle east. The canaanites are the true descendents of the holy land.

YouTube - Black Palestinian Girls in Israel

YouTube - Black Egyptian

YouTube - Black Palestinian natives of the Holy land

YouTube - Canaanites of today with ancients

This video is about a little black boy who lives in israel. And is a shepherd

YouTube - Black Shepherd in Israel outback

YouTube - Black Palestinian natives of the Holy land

Last edited by johndoeboy; 01-13-2008 at 06:35 PM..

Old 01-13-2008, 06:32 PM

Jesus has to be black, white, hispanic, asian, or something. He can't just be jewish.

These people are jewish to
http://www.adelaideinstitute.org/images/photos/UgandanJew0752.jpg (broken link)

These four boys from ethopia are Falashas which are Black Jews who, when recognized as Jews by Israel were all given Israeli citizenship.

Get the point now. You can't just say jesus was jewish. Jewish is a religion not a race

Last edited by johndoeboy; 01-13-2008 at 07:07 PM..

Old 01-13-2008, 06:49 PM

People from around the world. Who think jesus was black

This is from the manila, philippines on January 9th, 2003
Outside the Saint John the Baptist Church. Over 200,000 people took part as the 400-year-old statue was paraded through the streets. Before returning it back to the church. The statue was brought to mexico to the heavily Roman Catholic philippines in 1606.

Portobello, Panama 2007

every October 21st, the Feast Day of the Black Christ of Portobelo is celebrated with great adulation. Upwards of 40,000 devotees make the yearly pilgrimage to worship the purple-robed pontiff. Some even come crawling on all fours punishing themselves with scathing burns and bruises hoping for penance for heinous sins.
At eight o’clock, the statue depicting Christ carrying the cross is paraded out of the church on a platform borne by 80 men. It weighs a backbreaking ton and the procession takes hours to complete.

the oldest church with the known statue of “black Jesus”

Rome, Italy 2006 Black mary and Black jesus

United Kingdom 2007

Crowds flock to 'miracle' statue

Tuesday, February 13, 2007
A statue of Jesus Christ is causing a sensation at an art gallery after witnesses said they saw sparks shooting from its eyes.

Last edited by johndoeboy; 01-13-2008 at 07:30 PM..

Old 01-13-2008, 06:53 PM

3,432 posts, read 314,067 times
He was fair skinned or dark brown. The Middle east doesn't have a very large African looking population so we can dismiss that.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
He was fair skinned or dark brown. The Middle east doesn't have a very large African looking population so we can dismiss that.
Dark brown or fair skinned is not a race. What race what christ. He had to look like somebody on earth at that time. Of course the middle east doesn't have a very large african population. If you know history, the middle east and especially egypt. Was conquered by romans, greeks, libiyans, persians, arabs, and others. But yet has a black population to this day. Most people in the middle east now are arabs. Still though do the arabs have the features of black people or white people. Almost all arabs have black hair, not a coincidence. Just liike some italians hair, who 6% of them have black blood. Just like mexicans who have black hair. Because their were more africans than spanish in mexico at one point. Just like native americans because freed slaves joined indian tribes.

This is a arab. In jesus time would this person be considered white or black. Arab is not a race. So he would have to be considered something. Middle eastern isn't a race either. I just think some people don't want to imagine jesus was black. Because of the united states brainwashing people with the blonde hair and blue eyes. So they say he was middle eastern, or jewish, fair skin, or dark brown skin. But they never say what race he is. I wonder why?

Last edited by johndoeboy; 01-13-2008 at 07:38 PM..

Old 01-13-2008, 07:55 PM

3,014 posts, read 1,774,442 times
According to those that studied the shroud, he was caucasion with type ab blood and 5' 11" tall. According to publius lentus, he had blue eyes and chestnut hair. But to most people he was beautiful.

Last edited by saltine; 01-13-2008 at 08:09 PM..

Old 01-13-2008, 08:13 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,680,149 times
I have a question...who among you truly cares about the color of Christ's earthly flesh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity