Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2014, 12:05 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,483,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The real Creator.

Who is the real creator ... and where do you get your info from ?

Old 11-01-2014, 12:13 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,879,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Can you translate into the secular
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
1Cor:2:9: But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10: But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11: For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12: Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13: Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15: But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16: For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

I did not ask for more bible passages, I asked you to TRANSLATE it into the secular.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I did not ask for more bible passages, I asked you to TRANSLATE it into the secular.
If you can not understand what the quote is saying to the world ... you will not understand.

The secular info is included.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:59 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,879,239 times
Quote:
If you can not understand what the quote is saying to the world ... you will not understand.

The secular info is included.
Why do those that quote the bible ad infinitum never give a straight answer to a simple question. No wonder Native American Indians talked about the forked tongue.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:03 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,045,735 times
Quote:
Who is the real creator ... and where do you get your info from ?
It's a secret.

Oh fine! I'll tell you.

The Creator was born with the universe. S/he/it is everywhere and is everything.

You're welcome.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Why do those that quote the bible ad infinitum never give a straight answer to a simple question. No wonder Native American Indians talked about the forked tongue.
I explained my belief of ( The World is only 6000 years old ) in other posts in this thread.
If you really want to know go back and read what I wrote.

I'm not going to rewrite over and over.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:55 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,768,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Maybe you quoted the wrong verse. Here is Job 38:6
Job 38:6 On what were its sockets sunk? Or who directed its cornerstone in place,
Gee, when I added a deck to my house I sunk sockets (holes into which I placed the support posts). Flat ground.

The only planet in existence according to the ancients was not spherical but flat, as described throughout the bible and throughout Mediterranean cultures.

Look, you can believe whatever you want, but to do so you have to assume pretty much that all of science is wrong. Yet you have no problem using a computer and the internet, both of which are the result of a fair share of mathematics, the same science which demonstrates that the universe is appx 13,5 billion years old.

If you were not able to misinterpret the text into saying the earth was spherical, would you still believe in a flat earth?

Shaking my head.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:59 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,768,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
One man's opinion and ............ wrong. Misses reality and the inherent allegory in use.

By the way did your sun rise this morning? Have you visited the 4 corners of the earth?
I've been to Four Corners, New Mexico (junction of New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and Utah, if memory serves)

Does that count?

Old 11-01-2014, 04:22 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,547,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

The Creator was born with the universe.
by definition, this cannot be true, because if "the creator" was "born with" the "universe",
then he/she/it would not be the creator.

To the OP, just because most (not all) Roman Catholic schools teach that evolution
could be true, or "is true" (depending upon the instructor, I presume), does not mean
anything. It was not long ago (within my lifetime) that the Catholic schools did NOT
teach evolution. Evolutionary science attempts to formulate answers that have not
been proven to be true, and is still missing conclusive evidence. The Church has no
official position, except to say that IF evolution happened, it was set forth and directed
by God.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:06 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,473,485 times
The laws of physics actually deny a 4.5 billion year old earth. The moon would have been much closer and would have caused huge tides. The strength of the magnetic field would have been so strong that that alone would have destroyed life. The earth would have experienced such strong winds as would have swept everything away. The earth would have turned so fast that centrifugal force would have thrown everything into space.

Also, there is not nearly enough mud and silt in the oceans and the salinity of the oceans deny an old earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity