Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 08:17 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,757,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
If you are not familure with the sedimentary layers then I can't help you. Start a thread in the proper place and discuss it if you want to.

Oh you don't need to worry about my knowledge of Sedimentology - I am sure it is sufficient, especially a discussion of flood sedimentology - so "help" away. Not wanting to presume that maybe it is your knowledge that is lacking and you are simply repeating what you have been told, you could easily set that straight by describing a flood sediment faces profile and pointing it out to me on a geologic map. You know, since you have been going on about the sedimentary layers and the Flood and how it supposedly shows "why you believe the world is only 6000," it is apropos for you to substantiate it right here in this thread, so go ahead and present it. But alas all I have gotten is 'arm-waving.' So there you are...the layer remains elusive. We could call it the God-layer, you know, just the same way that the Higgs Boson was referred to as the God Particle, short for Moderator cut: deleted particle because it was so elusive. What do you think? Will it catch on?

As I said way back in post 354, it has never been found. Since you say it has, present it and prove me wrong.

Last edited by june 7th; 11-23-2014 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language

Old 11-23-2014, 10:32 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,572,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
As I said way back in post 354, it has never been found. Since you say it has, present it and prove me wrong.
Seems to me that evidence of a flood that happened only a few thousand years ago would be very much on-topic in a thread entitled "Why do you believe the world is only 6,000 years old?"

Old 11-23-2014, 10:57 AM

518 posts, read 466,059 times
Quote:
Oh you don't need to worry about my knowledge of Sedimentology - I am sure it is sufficient, especially a discussion of flood sedimentology - so "help" away. Not wanting to presume that maybe it is your knowledge that is lacking and you are simply repeating what you have been told, you could easily set that straight by describing a flood sediment faces profile and pointing it out to me on a geologic map. You know, since you have been going on about the sedimentary layers and the Flood and how it supposedly shows "why you believe the world is only 6000," it is apropos for you to substantiate it right here in this thread, so go ahead and present it. But alas all I have gotten is 'arm-waving.' So there you are...the layer remains elusive. We could call it the God-layer, you know, just the same way that the Higgs Boson was referred to as the God Particle, short for Moderator cut: deleted particle because it was so elusive. What do you think? Will it catch on?

I wanted wait and see if this post was going to be deleted before I responded to it. I see they just took out your bad language.

So then you should be aware of the sedimentary layers found on the earth. Can you tell me on how many contestants they exist?

Old 11-23-2014, 11:07 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,572,777 times
Quote:
I wanted wait and see if this post was going to be deleted before I responded to it. I see they just took out your bad language.

So then you should be aware of the sedimentary layers found on the earth. Can you tell me on how many contestants they exist?
Contestants?

What does this have to do with my original question - where is the worldwide layer of sediment that shows the entire planet was all covered with water at the same time?

Old 11-23-2014, 12:27 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,867,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Contestants?

What does this have to do with my original question - where is the worldwide layer of sediment that shows the entire planet was all covered with water at the same time?
Me thinks Bishop and Vizio went to the same school of dancing around a subject. I think it is de rigeur for apologists. No straight answers, ever.

Old 11-23-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:

There was no bad language in that post. There was God and then followed by 4 asterisks because I self censored from the the article referenced below. Perhaps I should have written "God phrase considered profane with God as the first syllable that some people might find offensive" particle to avoid confusion.

Here is what I was referring to as a analogy to the elusiveness of the so-called flood layer.
Peter Higgs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Higgs expressed later that he was displeased that the Higgs particle is nicknamed the "God particle",[62] as he believes the term "might offend people who are religious".[63] Usually this nickname for the Higgs boson is attributed to Leon Lederman, the author of the book The God Particle: If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question?, but the name is the result of the insistence of Lederman's publisher: Lederman had originally intended to refer to it as the "God phrase considered profane with God as the first syllable that some people might find offensive particle."[64]
Anyway, back to the subject. I don't see in your response any identification of the Flood Layer. That layer if it was deposited will have a unique faces description. You ought to be able to give me that in a pretty brief sentence or two. And as extensive as it should be, you know, being global and all it should so well defined and easy to correlate, even across one continent. And just being that expansive, it should already be mapped. I have maps covering the entire U.S. and I could verify it for you. So which formation is it?

Last edited by PanTerra; 11-23-2014 at 03:16 PM..

Old 11-23-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Seems to me that evidence of a flood that happened only a few thousand years ago would be very much on-topic in a thread entitled "Why do you believe the world is only 6,000 years old?"
I am going out on a limb here. But I am betting I will not get the answer. Or the answer will be something like, "all the sediment." But if he wants to go in that direction then I will show him the "devil is in the details."

Old 11-23-2014, 03:45 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,867,483 times
Quote:
I am going out on a limb here. But I am betting I will not get the answer. Or the answer will be something like, "all the sediment." But if he wants to go in that direction then I will show him the "devil is in the details."
Isn't it amazing that YECs shut up and crawl into a hole when confronted directly? But not to worry, just like that game whack-a-mole, they will pop up again, ignore what they were asked to comment on, and go about blithely reiterating some other fallacy.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:47 PM

2,504 posts, read 1,822,190 times
Satan manipulates things and tricks people to try to turn people away from God. Thus, I believe that Satan aged the things that the scientists have studied. Also, scientists are just people, they're not God.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:14 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,468,985 times
wow. that is impossible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity