Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 02:00 PM

1,100 posts, read 796,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The Jews Christians, and Muslims worship the God of Abraham. In fact the very definition of pagan is anyone that worships a different God, other than the God of Abraham.

If you are not a pagan then you must worship the God of Abraham. Which is the same God of the Jews and Muslims.

The Muslims simply have a different interpretation of God.
The muslims' god is not the God of Abraham. It was one of the many idols at Mecca whose tribe was the largest which managed to capitalized the destruction of the other "gods" to exalt their own moon god as the "God".

Quote:
The primitive barbarians of the OT also had a different impression of God and justified murder as a mandate by God. No different the the modern day Jihadists.
Jihadist today do so out of commandment of the Quran from what was started out by covetousness.

Considering how God delivered the Israelites out of bondage to Egypt by His miraculous interventions, I would not categorize Israel being given the promised land in the same light as warmongering muslims.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:00 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
That is what Paul said too. And scads of other people since.
The second coming happens when a person reaches Rosh Hashanah.

I know of no such person who has reached this level, but I also know and see a lot of people reaching for it right now. The gospel of the kingdom has never been heard until recent days, and it is being taught for the first time in recent days. You reach the kingdom of heaven while still on this Earth, it is within you to reach it.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
And a handful of them will still be saying it 2000 years from now.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:35 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
Explain how the theory of evolution does not run counterintuitive to the 1st & 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics and the Law of Biogenesis.
How so? Please explain why you think so.

Quote:
And yet you believe in the evolution theory, and so how can it not be seen as you are applying faith?

How's that for walking and talking like a duck?
You just don't get it. Science has nothing to do with faith.

Words don't seem to help your understanding, so let me draw a picture for you:

Old 12-07-2014, 03:44 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
Even more specifically, watch the twists and turns about the bible not being literal when the passage:
Matthew
24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
is quoted.

And, boys and girls, that IS in context.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:57 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Yes, they have.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:59 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No, your concept is the same, you just believe they live in bliss after being brutalized.
Until you can tell me why God doesn't do something about all the killings now, your opinion is illogical to me.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Until you can tell me why God doesn't do something about all the killings now, your opinion is illogical to me.
Because there is no god separated from us looking upon all the injustices of the world. Man is all imagination and God is man and exists in us and we in him. Willism Blake.

Whether this is true or not, your concept of God is no different to those that follow Islam.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:26 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I don't believe that. They believe in different gods that have their history rooted in the Old Testament accounts. But their belief in those gods are different due to the different characters and personality attributes they ascribe to that god.
But, you do exactly as they do. You ascribe attributes to God just as they also ascribe attributes to God.

Quote:
I don't consider the OT Israelites as barbarians. They were simply responding to the orders of God to destroy and utterly annihilate the gentiles in their path.
But, the modern Jihadists believe terrorism is a mandate from God. They are no different than the OT barbarians.

Do you see your contradictory statements?

Last edited by Julian658; 12-07-2014 at 05:51 PM..

Old 12-07-2014, 04:35 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,126,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Even more specifically, watch the twists and turns about the bible not being literal when the passage:
Matthew
24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
is quoted.

And, boys and girls, that IS in context.
So is this.

Matthew 16
27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.
28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity