Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 09:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
According to the Scripture, there can only be forgiveness when there is repentance. (Luke 13) When I recieved the salvation of Christ, I fell to my knees and wept for my sin and my heart was repentant and asked and thanked God for forgiving my sins and I know that He did.
Repent or Perish? Doesn't sound like forgiveness?
Forgiveness is associated with mercy, not condemnation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 11:34 PM

251 posts, read 299,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Will this man get to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?

He is a major drug supplier who makes his money selling cocaine, marijuana and heroin and he purchased a nice house overlooking the Atlantic Ocean at Miami Beach and bought all kinds of stuff with the money he made from selling drugs such as a houseboat, new vehicles and stereo equipment.

One day eight months later the police did a search warrant on the drug dealer's residence and when the police came to arrest him he all of the sudden suffered a heart attacked and right after the heart attack he starts asking God and Lord Jesus to forgive him of his sins and to help him avoid sinning again, he even told God and Jesus that he loved them very much.

Sadly on the way to the hospital he died, he felt remorse for all the wrong he did and wanted to make things right with God, I like to think he's in Heaven enjoying all of the great, wonderful rewards in Heaven and him enjoying the things he has loved here on Earth in Heaven.
Sadly, it's as simple as that. All you have to due is truly repent and you're in. Even someone like Hitler would have made it in if he repented. That's one thing I don't like about Gods way. You can be a scumbag your whole life, say 85 years. All you have to do is truly repent and you're in. Not saying you should go to Heaven for repenting on your deathbed, I just think they should suffer for x amount of time in purgatory, THEN go to Heaven. After all, you didn't even have time to make up for all the evil or bad things during life.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:30 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
I believe that if the man was sincere., then he would be very much like the thief on the cross beside our Lord. That man was saved according to Jesus and who am I to doubt that?

Old 11-01-2014, 10:50 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I have never been to heaven so I can't say for sure what happens there, but enjoying nice cars and nice clothes might be the last thing you care about once you get there. For me those things are not important here on earth, so it's not what I would want in heaven either.
I go along with this. Also want to add, there are many thieves, murderers and prostitutes who are used in God's plan in the Bible. Only God knows our hearts but if the man was sincere, then he will be in heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity