Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Paul continue keeping the laws of Moses till he died?
Yes 3 25.00%
No 9 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 08:23 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Then why does the Letter KILL?

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
If you commit adultery, do you deserve to die?

YES.

If you have killed your brother, do you deserve to die?

YES

If you have looked at another man's wife, have you committed adultery deserving death?

YES

If you have shown anger against your brother and you hate him, are you a murderer that deserves death?

YES

What Kills?

The law is to show pure justice, and by showing pure justice and what is deserving, shows mercy and kindness to all, the law teaches to love they neighbor, the law teaches mercy.

Every parent that has a child, they have a child who deserves to be stoned to death, but how many people brought an unruly child to the priests to be stoned?

If the law truly comes down two laws, and these two laws say to love God, and love your neighbor as yourself, then isn't the law a righteous thing if it teaches only love?

The curse of breaking the law has been waved, and even though everyone deserves to die by the law, for just being born, that curse is taken away.

The law still defines sin, and to know the law is to answer when somebody asks,'' What does the law teach, put the law in perspective for me.''

The answer IS, Love God, Love thy neighbor, walk humbly with your God, and love mercy.

This is what the law teaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 08:39 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
If you commit adultery, do you deserve to die?

YES.

If you have killed your brother, do you deserve to die?

YES

If you have looked at another man's wife, have you committed adultery deserving death?

YES

If you have shown anger against your brother and you hate him, are you a murderer that deserves death?

YES

What Kills?

The law is to show pure justice, and by showing pure justice and what is deserving, shows mercy and kindness to all, the law teaches to love they neighbor, the law teaches mercy.

Every parent that has a child, they have a child who deserves to be stoned to death, but how many people brought an unruly child to the priests to be stoned?

If the law truly comes down two laws, and these two laws say to love God, and love your neighbor as yourself, then isn't the law a righteous thing if it teaches only love?

The curse of breaking the law has been waved, and even though everyone deserves to die by the law, for just being born, that curse is taken away.

The law still defines sin, and to know the law is to answer when somebody asks,'' What does the law teach, put the law in perspective for me.''

The answer IS, Love God, Love thy neighbor, walk humbly with your God, and love mercy.

This is what the law teaches.
You seems to be a minister of the letter. Why not preach as Paul did as follows:

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Paul wanted to separate his ministry from one of preaching about the letter and make it one of preaching about the Spirit.

He called the letter "obsolete":

Rom_7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:57 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
You seems to be a minister of the letter. Why not preach as Paul did as follows:

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Paul wanted to separate his ministry from one of preaching about the letter and make it one of preaching about the Spirit.

He called the letter "obsolete":

Rom_7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
You cannot preach about the spirit of the law unless you teach the law.

Again, you give me words by a man who proved that he kept the letter of the law EVEN UNTO sacrificing animals, EVEN UNTO circumcising people.

Should I follow his example?

When I read what Paul writes, I get a different understanding, but if Paul not only writes something that contradicts what Jesus said, then I need no writing of Paul, and if Paul writes something different than he himself lived, then he is two faced.

He himself went out of his way to prove that he never taught nobody not to keep the law, the law is not the same for gentiles, it never was.

Paul and the tens of thousands of Jews who believed, they became even more zealous in keeping the letter of the law.

That is the truth.

If Paul and the tens of thousands of believers kept keeping the entire law of Moses, who am I to say anything against the law?

Did Paul continue keeping the letter of the law decades after Jesus died.

Yes.

So what ever you present from Paul, you are presenting the words of a man who zealously kept the letter of the law.

If he is a two faced hypocrite, then so be it, but I think not.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:29 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You cannot preach about the spirit of the law unless you teach the law.

Again, you give me words by a man who proved that he kept the letter of the law EVEN UNTO sacrificing animals, EVEN UNTO circumcising people.

Should I follow his example?

When I read what Paul writes, I get a different understanding, but if Paul not only writes something that contradicts what Jesus said, then I need no writing of Paul, and if Paul writes something different than he himself lived, then he is two faced.

He himself went out of his way to prove that he never taught nobody not to keep the law, the law is not the same for gentiles, it never was.

Paul and the tens of thousands of Jews who believed, they became even more zealous in keeping the letter of the law.

That is the truth.

If Paul and the tens of thousands of believers kept keeping the entire law of Moses, who am I to say anything against the law?

Did Paul continue keeping the letter of the law decades after Jesus died.

Yes.

So what ever you present from Paul, you are presenting the words of a man who zealously kept the letter of the law.

If he is a two faced hypocrite, then so be it, but I think not.
Did you read my analogy of the Speed Limit law? If you did you would see how Paul would still be keeping the Letter but not abiding by the letter.

Again, the Letter is only a schoolmaster. But the LETTER will CONFLICT with the SPIRIT. What are you going to do then? Remember Jesus healed on the Sabbath day which was directly in conflict with the LETTER. Jesus response as to why it was ok to heal on the Sabbath day was an appeal to the Spirit of the Law.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:01 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Galatians 4:21-31 Tell me, you who want to be under law, are you not hearing the law? (22) For it is written, that
Abraham had two sons, one out of the maid and one out of the free womam. (23) But the one, indeed, out of the maid
is begotten according to flesh, yet the one out of the free woman through the promise: (24) which is allegorizing, for
these women are two covenants; one, indeed, from mount Sinai, generating into slavery, which is Hagar. (25) Yet
Hagar is mount Sinai in Arabia; it is in line with the Jerusalem which now is, for she is in slavery with her children. (26)
Yet the Jerusalem above is free, who is mother of us all. (27) For it is written, "Be glad, barren one, who art not
bringing forth! Burst forth and implore, thou who art not travailing! For many are the children of the desolate, Rather
than of her who has the husband." (28) Now you, brethren, as Isaac, are children of promise. (29) But even as then,
the one generated according to flesh persecuted the one according to spirit, thus also it is now." (30) But what is the
scripture saying? Cast out this maid and her son, for by no means shall the son of the maid be enjoying the allotment
with the son of the free woman. (31) Wherefore, brethren, we are not children of the maid, but of the free woman."

Old 11-13-2014, 12:15 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes Paul told them to not have faith in the Sabbath day , and not to eat meat sacrificed to God , and not to be circumcised for salvation , as two of these come from Moses and the circumcision came though Abraham and Isaac covenant with God
And he rejected the Aaronic and Levitical priesthood and more.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:17 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Galatians 4:21-31 Tell me, you who want to be under law, are you not hearing the law? (22) For it is written, that
Abraham had two sons, one out of the maid and one out of the free womam. (23) But the one, indeed, out of the maid
is begotten according to flesh, yet the one out of the free woman through the promise: (24) which is allegorizing, for
these women are two covenants; one, indeed, from mount Sinai, generating into slavery, which is Hagar. (25) Yet
Hagar is mount Sinai in Arabia; it is in line with the Jerusalem which now is, for she is in slavery with her children. (26)
Yet the Jerusalem above is free, who is mother of us all. (27) For it is written, "Be glad, barren one, who art not
bringing forth! Burst forth and implore, thou who art not travailing! For many are the children of the desolate, Rather
than of her who has the husband." (28) Now you, brethren, as Isaac, are children of promise. (29) But even as then,
the one generated according to flesh persecuted the one according to spirit, thus also it is now." (30) But what is the
scripture saying? Cast out this maid and her son, for by no means shall the son of the maid be enjoying the allotment
with the son of the free woman. (31) Wherefore, brethren, we are not children of the maid, but of the free woman."
And Natural Israel is Hagar and no longer an issue as Heavenly Jerusalem is now functioning with Jew and gentile as one people and a New High Priest, Jesus.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:38 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And Natural Israel is Hagar and no longer an issue as Heavenly Jerusalem is now functioning with Jew and gentile as one people and a New High Priest, Jesus.
Thank you expatCA! You are special.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:27 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Jesus came to fulfill the law. The law is the knowledge of sin. Paul himself mentioned a thorn that God would not remove.
I am not sure where you got your information. But after Paul was visited by our Lord Jesus he did not continue to sacrifice bull, rams, ect. He came to know by the Spirit that Jesus was the one perfect sacrifice.
The circumcision itself is a covenant of the 8th day. And it was kept to foretell of our Lords resurrection. And personally I think should be kept to remind our children of such spiritual things.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:34 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
And Paul keeping the letter of the Law what?
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity