Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 08:19 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,024,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I never noticed the word,'' Consummation.''

It is interesting though.

The brides who are able to enter into the wedding chamber to consummate the marriage are already pregnant with full grown sons, being virgins pregnant but not having consummated a Marriage.

So when the virgins enter into the wedding chamber, they give birth at having already been pregnant.

Maybe it just means,'' There will be no end.''

But if the word is really,'' No consummation,'' then it still works for me.
Where in the world did you get that from?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 12:13 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where in the world did you get that from?...

'' I will create a new thing in the Earth, a woman shall encompass a man.''

A woman shall give birth to a full grown man.{ it also shows a woman circling a man in a marriage ceremony}

''But woe to those with children in those days, and woe to those weaning children.''

Paul~ Why do I come to you babies still on milk when you should be eating meat?

Who is a wise servant who is put in charge of the master's house to give his people meat in due season?

You are the servant in charge of a child put in your care, and if you do not teach this child in the milk of the word in order for him to eat meat, he will not be raised, and you will stand there with a child and the child will die in childbirth because he was still a child.

Jesus was the first grown son born into a new kingdom, but he was not the only son. He was considered a true pure virgin because he was born of a woman and righteous by flesh, but the flesh is not the child you raise, everyone raises the son of flesh and the son of spirit is put in a corner and left to starve.

Jesus being the firstfruits of many who will follow is a full grown son by definition, you can't call somebody a firstfruit unless you speak of a full grown son who has just been born.

His flesh was pregnant with the son of God, he was a pure virgin who gave birth to a grown man of spirit, raised as the new Adam.

Revelation 14 is showing 144,000 virgins, and if they are called firstfruits, it MUST MEAN that they have just given birth to a full grown son of Jesus who followed the first son into the kingdom.

When you believe in God, you have to be born again, and its easy to take this term for granted because you do not consider that there is an actual new son within you and you are it's mother in law and the fathers.

Son shall hate the father and father the son because you have to choose to hate your first father Satan, you have to submit your flesh as a virgin and get betrothed to a new husband and the mother in law will hate the daughter in law, and daughter in law will hate the mother in law.

You believe in God, you go through a death, a birth, a marriage, and it is all taking place within you.

From now on, there shall be 5 in a house{you are the house.}

The whole plan is about Betrothal and you become pregnant although you have not consummated the marriage, you are with child.

All the brides will come up to enter into the marriage chamber, but when they have seen that the door is shut to them, they will understand why, they didn't have an extra vessel, and they had not filled an extra vessel with oil.

Those foolish virgins are then told where to buy the oil, and so you go spend your money and time on what God would have you do, and who he would have you do it for, and in return, you are given the oil of teaching, but it is too late, you are still with a child who has no light.

So you go out and purchase the oil and you begin learning, but how long will it take to raise a child to a grown man?

That's why there is no time.

You are put in charge of a Baby, and you are a virgin who has received a child to give it meat in due season.

If you do not raise that child, then you will be cut in two and appointed your lot among the sinners.

This cutting in two is not about cutting a body in half, it is dividing you from your responsibility of raising that child, he is ripped away from you.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 11-23-2014 at 12:25 PM..

Old 11-23-2014, 12:45 PM

546 posts, read 547,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The lake of fire is the Fire of the Holy Spirit. Everyone goes in. Therefore, the lake of fire is metaphorical. If you recall God makes His ministers "flames of fire".

Heb_1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
To add to what you have said, trettep...

There are numerous examples of fire in the Bible that refer to purification. The 3 friends of Daniel were in the fire with "one like the Son of God". Since the three were pure in their belief, they were not harmed, but the soldiers were killed. God came down on Sinai as fire. Purification of silver and gold were shown to be done through fire. The Sea of Glass in Revelation 15 is said to be mingled with fire. It doesn't take a stretch of thought to realize that glass is made through fire, and in this case, the Sea of Glass in Revelation 4 is mentioned as being like crystal, a pure thing. Also, in Daniel 7 it mentions fire proceeding from the Throne of God, (showing that God's purpose is to purify with the bad being destroyed). There is also a "River of Fire" called Eradinus, which is depicted in the constellations, which goes across the sky seemingly reaching the depths.

Fire is a purifyer, and the saints are dancing on the Sea of Glass mingled with fire! This is a symbol of purity before the Throne. When God came down on Sinai, the people feared because they didn't have the faith to know that God is for our good, and by coming down, He was meaning to give them the Commandments which would serve as a vehicle to show the people that they needed purification. Instead they ran. The Lake of Fire is also from God, and as it says that the Holy Spirit is a fire, we see that this Lake of Fire is meant to purify. And as it does with silver and gold, the slag is brought to the surface and removed. Paul also mentions that if anyone builds with wood hay and stubble, it would be burned up, leaving the gold, silver, and precious stone. Personally, I think that once we have glorified bodies, we will live in the presence of God, and since God's presence contains fire, we will always remain IN that fire. It is NOT for punishment, it is for purification and is a part of God's presence.

It is obvious to me, that back in the first centuries of Christianity, this truth was abandonned, and believers began to think that the sin we commit is an unremovable part of us, and they placed the responsibility to remove it on ourselves, even though the scripture says that we can do nothing to gain salvation. Salvation IS the final result of this purification! It is just that some people will be purified later than others. Christianity went into a mode of thinking that the whole person has to be cast away, instead of realizing, like Jesus did, that the evil can be separated from the good. When we think and believe that the eradication of sin is our responsibility, we find that there are numerous people that don't respond to our exhortation, and sin becomes a mountain that cannot be moved by us. So the natural end of this is to separate ouselves from the sinners AND the sin, then kindness and patience go out the door, and the thought becomes that the only solution to sin is to send these people to the Lake of Fire forever! But God is MORE than capable of separating the sinner from the sin, and has laid that plan out in scripture, even though many are not cognizant of it.

Believers have "Christ in us, the hope of glory"! Paul explains that we fight constantly within ourselves with the flesh, and that the flesh will NOT inherit the Kingdom. This is why the "Christ in us" can go before God, the soulish flesh needs purification, and the body will have to be changed in order to go to the HEavenly dimension. When we place the responsibility of salvation on a decision that WE make, we are making our flesh to be superior to God. This is backwards doctrine, and it will never work. The flesh just cannot figure these things out. Then the religious minds throughout the last 2 millennium have classified the thoughts of the flesh into arguments about differing religious groups and ideas like 'free will', and 'predestination', all of which can only be understood with the realization that God is totally soverign, and He has the hearts of men and kings in His hand. Those that believe in ET have placed themselves above the authority of God Himself, and they do not realize this, and yet they would call us, the UR, the ones that are spreading a false doctrine, and in many cases, thinking that we are advocating sin. Ignorance and a lack of understanding fulfills the scripture in Hosea 4:6, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children." They reject knowledge and follow what others have formulated, mostly because it is "mainstream" and most believe it, and because of this rejection, they delay their own glorification. They cannot become priests, which is synonymous to being close to God, and therefore their eyes are blinded, and they influence those around them of the same thinking.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:30 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
To add to what you have said, trettep...

There are numerous examples of fire in the Bible that refer to purification. The 3 friends of Daniel were in the fire with "one like the Son of God". Since the three were pure in their belief, they were not harmed, but the soldiers were killed. God came down on Sinai as fire. Purification of silver and gold were shown to be done through fire. The Sea of Glass in Revelation 15 is said to be mingled with fire. It doesn't take a stretch of thought to realize that glass is made through fire, and in this case, the Sea of Glass in Revelation 4 is mentioned as being like crystal, a pure thing. Also, in Daniel 7 it mentions fire proceeding from the Throne of God, (showing that God's purpose is to purify with the bad being destroyed). There is also a "River of Fire" called Eradinus, which is depicted in the constellations, which goes across the sky seemingly reaching the depths.

Fire is a purifyer, and the saints are dancing on the Sea of Glass mingled with fire! This is a symbol of purity before the Throne. When God came down on Sinai, the people feared because they didn't have the faith to know that God is for our good, and by coming down, He was meaning to give them the Commandments which would serve as a vehicle to show the people that they needed purification. Instead they ran. The Lake of Fire is also from God, and as it says that the Holy Spirit is a fire, we see that this Lake of Fire is meant to purify. And as it does with silver and gold, the slag is brought to the surface and removed. Paul also mentions that if anyone builds with wood hay and stubble, it would be burned up, leaving the gold, silver, and precious stone. Personally, I think that once we have glorified bodies, we will live in the presence of God, and since God's presence contains fire, we will always remain IN that fire. It is NOT for punishment, it is for purification and is a part of God's presence.

It is obvious to me, that back in the first centuries of Christianity, this truth was abandonned, and believers began to think that the sin we commit is an unremovable part of us, and they placed the responsibility to remove it on ourselves, even though the scripture says that we can do nothing to gain salvation. Salvation IS the final result of this purification! It is just that some people will be purified later than others. Christianity went into a mode of thinking that the whole person has to be cast away, instead of realizing, like Jesus did, that the evil can be separated from the good. When we think and believe that the eradication of sin is our responsibility, we find that there are numerous people that don't respond to our exhortation, and sin becomes a mountain that cannot be moved by us. So the natural end of this is to separate ouselves from the sinners AND the sin, then kindness and patience go out the door, and the thought becomes that the only solution to sin is to send these people to the Lake of Fire forever! But God is MORE than capable of separating the sinner from the sin, and has laid that plan out in scripture, even though many are not cognizant of it.

Believers have "Christ in us, the hope of glory"! Paul explains that we fight constantly within ourselves with the flesh, and that the flesh will NOT inherit the Kingdom. This is why the "Christ in us" can go before God, the soulish flesh needs purification, and the body will have to be changed in order to go to the HEavenly dimension. When we place the responsibility of salvation on a decision that WE make, we are making our flesh to be superior to God. This is backwards doctrine, and it will never work. The flesh just cannot figure these things out. Then the religious minds throughout the last 2 millennium have classified the thoughts of the flesh into arguments about differing religious groups and ideas like 'free will', and 'predestination', all of which can only be understood with the realization that God is totally soverign, and He has the hearts of men and kings in His hand. Those that believe in ET have placed themselves above the authority of God Himself, and they do not realize this, and yet they would call us, the UR, the ones that are spreading a false doctrine, and in many cases, thinking that we are advocating sin. Ignorance and a lack of understanding fulfills the scripture in Hosea 4:6, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children." They reject knowledge and follow what others have formulated, mostly because it is "mainstream" and most believe it, and because of this rejection, they delay their own glorification. They cannot become priests, which is synonymous to being close to God, and therefore their eyes are blinded, and they influence those around them of the same thinking.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:56 PM

14,879 posts, read 17,151,542 times
Quote:
But God is MORE than capable of separating the sinner from the sin, and has laid
that plan out in scripture, even though many are not cognizant of it.

Yes, I agree. God, who created all souls, knows exactly how to deliver each one from sin, and create each one new. I believe that this passage in 1 Peter 4 goes along with this.

"Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. 3 For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries. 4 In all this, they are surprised that you do not run with them into the same excesses of dissipation, and they malign you; 5 but they will give account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead, that though they are judged in the flesh as men, they may live in the spirit according to the will of God.."

Do you agree Trumpethim and trettep? God bless.

Old 11-23-2014, 02:14 PM

The Lake of Fire, I believe, has so many aspects, levels, or dimensions to it. But the result is the same. God is a consuming fire, His Holy Spirit is fire, Jesus Christ and His body-the saints-ministers of fire as you shared, and there is the Fiery Law of God. I believe that they all relate to the Lake of Fire, the second death. But I believe that whoever is cast into it, will not emerge the same. They will be new creatures in Jesus Christ. Such is the power of God. God bless.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:39 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,126,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The lake of fire is the Fire of the Holy Spirit. Everyone goes in. Therefore, the lake of fire is metaphorical. If you recall God makes His ministers "flames of fire".

Heb_1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Revelation makes it plain that it is wrongdoers who go into the lake of fie. NOT EVERYONE. And it does not sound the least bit metaphorical.

Quote:
Revelation 20
1 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21
7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
The reward of the righteous is repeatedly referred to throughout the NT as ‘life’. Here the unrighteous get ‘the second death’. Obviously it is NOT EVERYONE who goes into the lake of fire. And burning sulfur does not sound very metaphorical.

And let us not forget the terrible trio, the beast, the false prophet and the devil.

Quote:
Revelation 19
19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21 The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

Revelation 20
10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Does the Holy Spirit purify them too? Via metaphorically tormenting them with metaphorical burning sulfur? Let us ask Matthew whether everyone goes into the (metaphorical) fire.

Quote:
Matthew 3:10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

Matthew 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Matthew 5:12 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Matthew 5:12 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Matthew 13
36 Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.”
37 He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.
40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age.41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Matthew 18
8 If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.
9 And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

In the story of the sheep and the goats. Those on the right are the righteous. Those on the left are the unrighteous.

Matthew 25:34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

Matthew 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Matthew 25:46 “Then they(the unrighteous) will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
It is pretty clear that Matthew thinks the righteous get rewarded and the unrighteous get punished. How do they get punished? Fire. Not metaphorical at all. Completely compatible with a straightforward reading of Revelation.

Now let’s compare this with your quote

Quote:
Hebrews 1:7 KJV
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
This comes from Psalm 104

Quote:
Psalm 104 KJV
4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
First of all, being a flame is a lot different from being thrown into burning sulfur. Right off we see a problem with the applicability of this verse.

It says the Lord will make his angels spirits. That is, angels were created as spirits, not material beings. Were his ‘ministers’ created as ‘a flaming fire’? Who are his ministers, anyway? Not everyone to be sure. Unless you want to make the unrighteous into ministers of the Lord. Can even all of the righteous be called ministers of the Lord?

Let’s get another opinion.

Quote:
Bible Study Tools: Commentary on Psalm 104

Verse 4. -- Who maketh his angels spirits. Some render it, Who maketh his angels as the winds, to which they may be compared for their invisibility, they being not to be seen, no more than the wind, unless when they assume an external form; and for their penetration through bodies in a very surprising manner; see Acts 7:6-10 ; and for their great force and power, being mighty angels, and said to excel in strength, Psalms 103:20 ; and for their swiftness in obeying the divine commands; so the Targum, "He maketh his messengers, or angels, swift as the wind." --John Gill.

Verse 4. -- Who maketh his angels spirits. The words, "creating his angels spirits," may either mean "creating them spiritual beings, not material beings," or "creating them winds" -- i.e. like the winds, invisible, rapid in their movements, and capable of producing great effects. The last mode of interpretation seems pointed out by the parallelism -- "and his ministers" -- or, "servants" -- who are plainly the same as his angels, -- "a flame of fire," i.e., like the lightning. The statement here made about the angels seems to be this: "They are created beings, who in their qualities bear a resemblance to the winds and the lightning."

The argument deduced by Paul, in Hebrews 2:7 , from this statement for the inferiority of the angels is direct and powerful: -- He is the Son; they are the creatures of God. "Only begotten" is the description of his mode of existence; made is the description of theirs. All their powers are communicated power; and however high they may stand in the scale of creation, it is in that scale they stand, which places them infinitely below him, who is so the Son of God as to be "God over all, blessed for ever." --John Brown, in "An Exposition of the Epistle to the Hebrews."

Verse 4. – A flaming fire. Fire is expressive of irresistible power, immaculate holiness, and ardent emotion. It is remarkable that the seraphim, one class at least of these ministers, have their name from a root signifying to burn; and the altar, from which one of them took the live coal, Isaiah 6:6 , is the symbol of the highest form of holy love. -James G. Murphy, in "A Commentary on the Book of Psalms," 1875.

Psalm 104:4 Commentary - The Treasury of David
The ministers are angels, not people. If we look at all of Hebrews 1 we see that it is all about Jesus being superior to angels. It is all about angels!

The last verse of Hebrews even ties ‘ministers’ to ‘angels’.

Hebrews 1:14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Hebrews 1:7 does not support universalism. Even with a strained and out of context interpretation, it is blown away by Revelation. Universal reconciliation is wishful thinking in search of ‘proof’ texts and coming up empty. As I have said before, you can believe anything you want. But universalism is simply not scriptural.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:46 PM

Eph. 1:9

having made known to us the secret of His will, according to His good pleasure, that He purposed in Himself,
10 in regard to the dispensation of the fulness of the times, to *bring into one the whole in the Christ, both the things in the heavens, and the things upon the earth -- in him;
11 in whom also we did obtain an inheritance, being foreordained according to the purpose of Him who the all things is working according to the counsel of His will,

(Young's Literal)

to bring into one=anakephalaioomai=to be reduced to a head or sum total. In the mid voice-to gather together again in one, to reunite under one head (as in Ephesians 1:10) source-Hebrew Greek Key Word Study Bible

In Ephesians 1:10 God is said ἀνακεφαλαιώσασθαι τά πάντα ἐν τῷ Χριστῷ, to bring together again for himself (note the middle) all things and beings (hitherto disunited by sin) into one combined state of fellowship in Christ, the universal bond (cf. Meyer or Ellicott on Ephesians, the passage cited); (Protevangelium Jacobi 13εἰς ἐμέ ἀνεκεφαλαιώθη ἡ ἱστορία Ἀδάμ, where cf. Thilo).

Source: Strong's Greek: 346. ?????????????? (anakephalaioó) -- to sum up, gather up

God bless.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:51 PM

Psalm 104:4 ministers=sharath= to serve, to minister to, to attend, do service, wait on, attendant. It was the service rendered by royal household workers towards officials or public servants. The word is always used of a servant of higher rank, also used for the ministry of worship-The Levitical priests conducted special worship services, The priesthood constituted Israel's access to God (Hebrew/Greek Key Word Study Bible)

Angels and believers serve the Lord and serve/minister to others.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 11-23-2014 at 06:18 PM..

Old 11-23-2014, 05:53 PM

1 Peter 2

Peter speaking to believers:

"9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."

God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity