Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where is the kingdom of God?
The kingdom of God is in you. 17 68.00%
The kingdom of God is among the people. 5 20.00%
I do not know where the kingdom of God is. 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 11:42 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
One verse cannot make a theology. It is the spirit of God that is in the believer. The spirit of God is His word as Jesus stated.

"The words I spoke to you are spirit and life. "
It is actually a fraction of a verse, and clearly he misses the point of the verse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 11:43 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You have demonstrated nothing other than unbelief in the scriptures, you rejection of God working from within in favor of what you can see and touch is very apparent.

2 Cor 13 verse 5 says "do you know Jesus Christ is in you" well do you and how do you know ? Why do you refuse to respond to this question?
Yes--I absolutely recognize that Christ is in us. The Spirit indwells us.
Quote:
Luke 17:21 says the kingdom of God is neither here or there, for it is within you. Why do you conveniently choose the wrong translation of that?(see first line of this post).
No...Luke 17:21 does not say that. I've shown you that from context. You have flat out refused to acknowledge that. You have been shown to play fast and loose with that text.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Well, where is among us according to you ?, somewhere floating around us ?. You seem to have a lot to say about where you believe it is not, but nothing about where it actually is. Same question to Pastor? Vizio.
How come everyone has to repeat things to you?

I said : People enter it when they are born again. Whether we enter it, or it enters us is nothing but word games. When we are saved we become a part of it, and it becomes a part of us. The Bible says it is among us, meaning it is available to anyone who wants to enter. It is the realm of salvation (among other things), and everything that has anything to do with Spirit of God, is a part of it.

“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God"

Old 11-29-2014, 11:49 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,001 times
None ofthe above. The kingdom of God is in heaven ( 100 times clarified in scripture)
The new earth be might be Gods final paradise why? Jesus loves walleye!

Old 11-29-2014, 11:54 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
This happens to everyone who believes in Christ, every mother's son.

Matthew

Return of an Unclean Spirit
"Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it. "Then it says, 'I will return to my house from which I came'; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. "Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first. That is the way it will also be with this evil generation."

House Divided
…"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. "Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

The language being used here is about a single individual and the workings of his house between two kingdoms.

Between two fathers, 2 sons.

WHO IS THE STRONG MAN THAT JESUS HAS BOUND?

Old 11-29-2014, 12:13 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How come everyone has to repeat things to you?

I said : People enter it when they are born again. Whether we enter it, or it enters us is nothing but word games. When we are saved we become a part of it, and it becomes a part of us. The Bible says it is among us, meaning it is available to anyone who wants to enter. It is the realm of salvation (among other things), and everything that has anything to do with Spirit of God, is a part of it.

“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God"
Actually you are the only one talking about being born again. Where is "among us" is what i am asking ?, for you have aaid it is not within or within a group of people

.Can you explain your experience of being born again and where the kingdom is you entered after being born again. This should not be hard for you to answer.

You do know that Jesus mainly spoke in proverbs and so i would revise what seeing and entering is all about. Let's put it this way, you cannot enter what you cannot see, and if the kingdom of God is within and you cannot see the truth of thst, then obviously you could not possibly have entered in.

I am being purposely forceful on this issue because to be quite honest on being born again and the kingdom of God it seems most fundamentalists do not have a clue, i am amazed that they even believe there is any relevance to having the spirit and the kingdom of when they have a bible, believe it is the inerrant infallible word of God and Bob's your uncle.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:17 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
This happens to everyone who believes in Christ, every mother's son.

Matthew

Return of an Unclean Spirit
"Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it. "Then it says, 'I will return to my house from which I came'; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. "Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first. That is the way it will also be with this evil generation."

House Divided
…"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. "Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

The language being used here is about a single individual and the workings of his house between two kingdoms.

Between two fathers, 2 sons.

WHO IS THE STRONG MAN THAT JESUS HAS BOUND?
Jesus is saying that those who do not gather with Him, the truth, scatter the people and are against Him.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
to be quite honest on being born again and the kingdom of God it seems most fundamentalists do not have a clue, i am amazed that they even believe there is any relevance to having the spirit and the kingdom of when they have a bible, believe it is the inerrant infallible word of God and Bob's your uncle.
Proverbs 21:24 describes you the best.

“Scoffer” is the name of the arrogant, haughty man who acts with arrogant pride.

Quote:
for you have aaid it is not within or within a group of people
No, I haven't. And no, I won't keep repeating things to you.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:33 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus is saying that those who do not gather with Him, the truth, scatter the people and are against Him.

Jesus literally went into a man who was demon possessed and cast out the demon, and he is saying that he did this because he entered a man's body and bound the spirit that was in the man.

He is clearly talking about the workings inside a person, and two kingdoms, his spirit and strength against another spirit that is the strongman of the house, ruling the house.

Jesus and Beelzebul

Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. All the people were astonished and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”

But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.”

Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

“Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man’s house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house.
“Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

“Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Old 11-29-2014, 12:36 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Proverbs 21:24 describes you the best.

“Scoffer” is the name of the arrogant, haughty man who acts with arrogant pride.

No, I haven't. And no, I won't keep repeating things to you.
What does among us mean ? I will ignore your insults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity