Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 10:35 AM

518 posts, read 469,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
I can't be totally sure but perhaps he meant they would NOT have to deal with people who don't approve of their choices.........so was actually meaning it would be a good thing for them. Whether or not that would be a good thing or not is food for thought, but I don't think he meant it the way it sounded. That was my thought when I read it anyway, that he just forgot to type the NOT as we all sometimes do when our minds go faster than our fingers and we don't read what we typed before we hit send.
Exactly. I noticed the typo after it was too late to change it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I think beyond the "hell" factor, is the fear factor. Fundamentalist-type Christians are indoctrinated (I know I was) with the idea that homosexuality brings God's judgment on nations, that it destroys the fabric of families and society.
Well history proves that so why would that be a bad thing to understand?

Old 12-07-2014, 10:47 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
Exactly. I noticed the typo after it was too late to change it.
Whenever hat happens, just report your own post, with the correction noted. A mod will fix it for you.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:04 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
I just think people should be able to live the way they want in a place where they are protected from those who disagree with them.

I think ALL people should be living where they want and if someone else doesn't like it, that person can read the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Then they can get over themselves.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think ALL people should be living where they want and if someone else doesn't like it, that person can read the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Then they can get over themselves.
If it were applied fairly to all people it would be nice but that does not happen in America. Some get special care and others are denied their civil rights. As a Christian I believe all people should be treated fairly and justly. I don't believe we should force anyone to believe something they do not or to agree with or support things they do not believe in. We need to have real civil rights and not a select list and select groups.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
If it were applied fairly to all people it would be nice but that does not happen in America. Some get special care and others are denied their civil rights.
You should hang out with Vizio and Jeffbase. You guys are perfect for each other.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:33 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
I just think people should be able to live the way they want in a place where they are protected from those who disagree with them. If you think that's wrong then you just hate people who are different.
I guess that's a step up from the post in the other thread where you posted that it was clear according to the bible that homosexuals should be put to death. Perhaps you disagree with the bible on that point which would be good to know.

But maybe instead of the people you disagree with having to go to a "protected" place, Christians should all be put in one instead?

Old 12-07-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I guess that's a step up from the post in the other thread where you posted that it was clear according to the bible that homosexuals should be put to death. Perhaps you disagree with the bible on that point which would be good to know.

But maybe instead of the people you disagree with having to go to a "protected" place, Christians should all be put in one instead?
I did not write the bible. I just acknowledge what it say's. Do you think it does not say what it says? I don't understand why you would take issue with my admitting a fact.

I would like to be able to live in a place where I am protected and allowed to live my life as I choose. Why would you not think people should be allowed to do so? Would you rather kill those you disagree with? Force them to change and accept your teachings? Are you Hitler?

Old 12-07-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You should hang out with Vizio and Jeffbase. You guys are perfect for each other.
Do they think all people should be free and have their civil rights protected too? That's great. Why do you think some people should not be allowed to be free and have civil rights?

Old 12-07-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Do they think all people should be free and have their civil rights protected too? That's great. Why do you think some people should not be allowed to be free and have civil rights?
You should definitely hang out with Viz. He asks questions rather than answering them too! Plus there's that whole thing with twisting around what other people say to make it look like the other person is a big ol' meanie. Many of the CD fundamentalists do that too! I You guys should start a club and have a secret handshake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity