Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2014, 10:22 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Prayer is not for God pcamps. Prayer is for us. It is so that we come closer to God which increases our Faith. God knows what I need before I ask for it. I don't even know what I need as much as God does. I'm confident that even if I never ask for anything that God is able to provide what I need. Do you really think that your prayers are needed to get God to provide you with what you need? I don't believe you think that way but what your arguing for is that position.

The reality is that we don't always know what we need therefore we don't always know what to pray for or whether we are praying for the right things. We are always growing in Christ so if we are always growing then we are coming across things unlearned in order to learn of them and along that way we are going to ask or believe we need something that we don't need.
No i don't, faith is required, read Hebrews 11. The reality is we do know what we need before we ask for others and ourselves. Things do not just happen.

Prayer changes things, more often than not ourselves.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-06-2014 at 10:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 10:44 AM

Trettep, do you believe that God is not mocked and that a man reaps what HE sows?. We are all reaping what we have sown, either from the flesh or the spirit. God is not causing us to sow to the flesh,we do the sowing and most of the time it is in ignorance not believing the law of reaping and sowing and forgetting that yesterday we sowed something. we wonder about how we are reaping unlovely things. We are the sower that went out to sower. There is no God forcing our hand to do that which is against our desire, when we have woken up and realize that he by whom all things are created exists within us, we will mold our lives in accordance to the will of God and the will of God is Jesus Christ.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:01 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No i don't, faith is required, read Hebrews 11. The reality is we do know what we need before we ask for others and ourselves. Things do not just happen.

Prayer changes things, more often than not ourselves.
Pcamps tell me your position from the following (feel free to choose more than 1):

1.) God is responsible for what we do or not do.
2.) God is not responsible for what we do or not do.
3.) We are accountable for what we do or not do.
4.) We are not accountable for what we do or not do.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Trettep, do you believe that God is not mocked and that a man reaps what HE sows?. We are all reaping what we have sown, either from the flesh or the spirit. God is not causing us to sow to the flesh,we do the sowing and most of the time it is in ignorance not believing the law of reaping and sowing and forgetting that yesterday we sowed something. we wonder about how we are reaping unlovely things. We are the sower that went out to sower. There is no God forcing our hand to do that which is against our desire, when we have woken up and realize that he by whom all things are created exists within us, we will mold our lives in accordance to the will of God and the will of God is Jesus Christ.
I do believe that a man reaps what he sows. That is the part in my op that says "We are accountable" But I know that God can rescue us by Mercy and that is because "God is responsible". If we are not accountable then there would be no necessity for Mercy.

The scriptures say the following:

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

From what you believe that carnal mind would never be saved because God would not do something against its desire. But God would have to do something against that desire to bring that Carnal mind into acceptance. Who gets credit for that effort if that person does change their desire? Is it not God?

Old 12-06-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Pcamps tell me your position from the following (feel free to choose more than 1):

1.) God is responsible for what we do or not do.
2.) God is not responsible for what we do or not do.
3.) We are accountable for what we do or not do.
4.) We are not accountable for what we do or not do.
A God outside of us is not responsible for what WE sow, WE reap from the flesh(not God) what we have sown to it.

God did not cause me to or tempt me to do anything, James said we are drawn away by our own lusts.

Do you believe that God is not mocked or that he is mocking us by causing us to do things against our wishes then holding us accountable?.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I do believe that a man reaps what he sows. That is the part in my op that says "We are accountable" But I know that God can rescue us by Mercy and that is because "God is responsible". If we are not accountable then there would be no necessity for Mercy.

The scriptures say the following:

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

From what you believe that carnal mind would never be saved because God would not do something against its desire. But God would have to do something against that desire to bring that Carnal mind into acceptance. Who gets credit for that effort if that person does change their desire? Is it not God?
Who is causing a man to sow to his flesh ? God ?. There is only one mind and that one mind is being renewed to how it is in heaven by the believer growing in the knowledge of the glory of God displayed in the face of Jesus Christ.

There is not a carnal mind a spiritual mind, there is one mind that needs transforming.

And be renewed in the spirit of your mind Ephesians 4:23.

Trettep what you are trying to pass off to us as being God is how those who had the great mystery hid from them taught and believed.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-06-2014 at 11:22 AM..

Old 12-06-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
A God outside of us is not responsible for what WE sow, WE reap from the flesh(not God) what we have sown to it.

God did not cause me to or tempt me to do anything, James said we are drawn away by our own lusts.

Do you believe that God is not mocked or that he is mocking us by causing us to do things against our wishes then holding us accountable?.
So Pcamps, are you saying that all the things righteously that you do that those works are OWNED by Pcamps? Do you not see that any claim to those good works is robbing God? Now if you say that they are His works then you are defeating the claim you made above that God is not responsible for what WE sow.

Pcamps, I believe that in me is NO GOOD THING. I believe that Christ has the COPYRIGHT on all GOOD things including any righteous works that I do.

You have this contrary message (contrary to Christ) that we simply need to discover the good that is in us. That is contrary since the Holy Spirit is the enabler of any goodness we do and that goodness is still OWNED by Christ. The Holy Spirit is like a fire. It is not hidden within the darkness within us. Darkness cannot overcome it.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Who is causing a man to sow to his flesh ? God ?. There is only one mind and that one mind is being renewed to how it is in heaven by the believer growing in the knowledge of the glory of God displayed in the face of Jesus Christ.

There is not a carnal mind a spiritual mind, there is one mind that needs transforming.

And be renewed in the spirit of your mind Ephesians 4:23.

Trettep what you are trying to pass off to us as being God is how those who had the great mystery hid from them taught and believed.
Man be default sows to His flesh. God is responsible for that because ONLY God can cause a man NOT to sow to his own flesh.

I gave you the verse that shows there is a carnal mind.

Pcamps, your preaching that goodness is to be discovered in the man. This is a FALSE message that is not of God. God preached that we had to ACQUIRE His Spirit in order to be saved. That Spirit is not buried within our dark hearts.

I hope you can rethink your message and understand it better and bring it into congruence with the scriptures.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Man be default sows to His flesh. God is responsible for that because ONLY God can cause a man NOT to sow to his own flesh.

I gave you the verse that shows there is a carnal mind.

Pcamps, your preaching that goodness is to be discovered in the man. This is a FALSE message that is not of God. God preached that we had to ACQUIRE His Spirit in order to be saved. That Spirit is not buried within our dark hearts.

I hope you can rethink your message and understand it better and bring it into congruence with the scriptures.
That is not true. Jesus said(not me)...........A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

Yes you quoted a verse of scripture that the carnal mind is enmity towards God, this is true when we are carnally minded instead of spiritually minded we are naturally sowing carnality and reaping from the flesh. The answer to the mind that thinks carnally is to be transformed by renewing it, how is this done ? by knowing Christ is in you and recognizing the will of God is Jesus Christ who is the exact representation on earth(in you) as it is in heaven.

I will say to you again i sat for years under the sovereignty of God ministry before i ever heard of UR, so what you believe is nothing new to me. Just like Christ drew me out of the the ET belief, he did the same thing with the sovereignty of God and worm ministry.

Be renewed trettep, where ?........in the spirit of your mind. Ephesians 4:23. You have one mind and that one mind needs renewing with good things so we like the good man can bring forth good things.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-06-2014 at 01:01 PM..

Old 12-06-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
That is not true. Jesus said(not me)...........A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

Yes you quoted a verse of scripture that the carnal mind is enmity towards God, this is true when we are carnally minded instead of spiritually minded we are naturally sowing carnality and reaping from the flesh. The answer to the mind that thinks carnally is to be transformed by renewing it, how is this done ? by knowing Christ is in you and recognizing the will of God is Jesus Christ who is the exact representation on earth(in you) as it is in heaven.

I will say to you again i sat for years under the sovereignty of God ministry before i ever heard of UR, so what you believe is nothing new to me. Just like Christ drew me out of the the ET belief, he did the same thing with the sovereignty of God and worm ministry.

Be renewed trettep, where ?........in the spirit of your mind. Ephesians 4:23. You have one mind and that one mind needs renewing with good things so we like the good man can bring forth good things.
Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Who is the one predesinating? Who is the one calling? Who is the one doing the conforming? Who is the one justifying? Obviously it is God.

The CARNAL MIND HATES God! That is what the scriptures show. Let's show you further:

Eze_36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Who is the one giving the NEW Heart and New Spirit? - It is God here also.

Not one place does it say that He is revealing a heart inside of them or a spirit inside of them or that they need to discover their inner goodness. In all the cases it has to be GIVEN to them.

Php 1:29 because to you it was granted, on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in him, but also on behalf of him to suffer;

God is giving the BELIEF itself. So who is reponsible if we don't believe Pcamps? I just showed you that it is God that gives it. If He doesn't give it then He is responsible for our UNBELIEF.

Because we can't earn that gift. God gives to each as HE determines and not because of our works or efforts. He is the one responsible for the BELIEVER and the UNBELIEVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity