Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 06:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
I'm getting weary of the unbelief and atheist trolling on the Christianity section of CD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I know right.
Some people will believe almost anything?
You can buy a clock that says: Cuckoo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 06:01 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Our cuckoo clock does crazy things like that, never thought it to be anything prophetic though. The Grandmother clock does crazy things too, but i can excuse her she's been moved around a little, i think she misses SC.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:07 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
I'm getting weary of the unbelief and atheist trolling on the Christianity section of CD.
Age, Unbelief in what ?. I don't know those folk from Adam and i am supposed to accept what happened to their clock as proof they speak the prophetic word of God.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:14 AM

518 posts, read 469,413 times
I have seen this many times. It is an atomic clock that has gotten fast simply resetting itself. They cannot run backwards so they have to go forward and resync with the signal from Bolder, CO. This is a very common event.

Old 12-13-2014, 12:53 AM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
I'm a Christian. Not a troll. Bob Jones was, a pretty horrible man. He was a racist. For starts.

Who cares about his clock?

Not all Christians hold Bob Jones, Jerry Falwell, or Oral Roberts in high esteem.

News flash.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:18 AM

518 posts, read 469,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I'm a Christian. Not a troll. Bob Jones was, a pretty horrible man. He was a racist. For starts.

Who cares about his clock?

Not all Christians hold Bob Jones, Jerry Falwell, or Oral Roberts in high esteem.

News flash.
I personally don't know much about Bob Jones but based on the video of his wife I am sure we would not have agreed on much. I think Oral Roberts was a joke. What I knew of Jerry Falwell and his teachings I have no issues with. Maybe he went a bit too far on some things but everyone does that from time to time.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:10 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
I know what I saw, and it was confirmation that this man was gifted and moved in signs and wonders.

We had been at a meeting the night before where some people were 'commissioned' into ministry. Bob did this at the front of the church. He had them facing the congregation with his back to us, the congregation. He said there was light coming out of his hand, and I could see a glow on their faces, but not the light itself. We had already been to his house, and I wasn't particularly a believer In his gifting at this point in time. Like I said in my original post - the reference to a flake - I hadn't seen anything that would confirm his prophet status yet.

The following morning - a Sunday - we were at another meeting in a big marquee in the woods. I think it was the Moravian falls area. Bob went out to the front and started talking about the 5 fingers on the hand meaning different things. I was watching like a hawk. He said about the Middle finger representing evangelism, because it is the longest, reaching out beyond the others. His hand was facing us. Then I saw it, ....before he said anything. It was bright blue light from the vein on the Middle finger. He then said, "just as you can see this light here". Before he got to the end of saying that, it stopped, as far as I was seeing it anyway.

So, my doubt about his gifting had to go after this event.

The truth is: God gifts people, everywhere and everyone. They are not perfect. Some put off and put on with their character, others less so, but even then gifting can be developed by seeking God and practicing the gift. The gifts are without repentance - they just end up being used for the dark side. We should not judge people who operate in the supernatural - they are human, and God has gifted them. He often chooses people with less than squeaky clean backgrounds. If they are in error they can be challenged much the same as anyone, in love, but we all still have blind spots and weaknesses, irrespective of giftings.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

D' Lite and some imagination helps.
They have LED finger lights, too.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:09 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
I know what I saw, and it was confirmation that this man was gifted and moved in signs and wonders.

We had been at a meeting the night before where some people were 'commissioned' into ministry. Bob did this at the front of the church. He had them facing the congregation with his back to us, the congregation. He said there was light coming out of his hand, and I could see a glow on their faces, but not the light itself. We had already been to his house, and I wasn't particularly a believer In his gifting at this point in time. Like I said in my original post - the reference to a flake - I hadn't seen anything that would confirm his prophet status yet.

The following morning - a Sunday - we were at another meeting in a big marquee in the woods. I think it was the Moravian falls area. Bob went out to the front and started talking about the 5 fingers on the hand meaning different things. I was watching like a hawk. He said about the Middle finger representing evangelism, because it is the longest, reaching out beyond the others. His hand was facing us. Then I saw it, ....before he said anything. It was bright blue light from the vein on the Middle finger. He then said, "just as you can see this light here". Before he got to the end of saying that, it stopped, as far as I was seeing it anyway.

So, my doubt about his gifting had to go after this event.

The truth is: God gifts people, everywhere and everyone. They are not perfect. Some put off and put on with their character, others less so, but even then gifting can be developed by seeking God and practicing the gift. The gifts are without repentance - they just end up being used for the dark side. We should not judge people who operate in the supernatural - they are human, and God has gifted them. He often chooses people with less than squeaky clean backgrounds. If they are in error they can be challenged much the same as anyone, in love, but we all still have blind spots and weaknesses, irrespective of giftings.
Gifting?

What was accomplished?

Somebody raised from the dead, somebody grew and arm that had been cut off?

If Bob could shoot fire out of his eyeballs, what good is it?

That's what you should be asking.

I could walk out of my door in the morning and perform all sorts of signs and wonders and I could get ten thousand people to follow and believe in me, I have done it before.

But what good is it?

What has been accomplished?

If a miracle was done, what did it do?

Old 12-15-2014, 04:53 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Gifting?

What was accomplished?

Somebody raised from the dead, somebody grew and arm that had been cut off?

If Bob could shoot fire out of his eyeballs, what good is it?

That's what you should be asking.

I could walk out of my door in the morning and perform all sorts of signs and wonders and I could get ten thousand people to follow and believe in me, I have done it before.

But what good is it?

What has been accomplished?

If a miracle was done, what did it do?
I had a doubt about someone's authenticy. That doubt was satisfactorily displaced by a sign and-or wonder. Whether that is good, is not really the point I am trying to make. ...if my doubt had not been displaced I'd have continued thinking he was a fruit cake.

P.S. The common thread between my blue light moment and the clock video is that a key piece of information or event occurred or was conveyed before it happened. That is important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity