Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 08:21 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Try to be reasonable, jimmie. That is two full chapters of verses and you expect me to provide some summary answer???? Much of what is in Matt 24 has a Preterist interpretation because of the necessity of happening before that generation passed. There is just too much symbolism and hyperbole in both chapters to summarize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I won't argue that, but the fact is, you completely dismiss these passages, because they speak of judgment.
No, jimmie . . . you misinterpret judgment as some punishment by God. I interpret it as merely reaping whatever we sow . . . no more and no less than we sow. You think of yourself as all one thing or the other . . . but you are not. We are all an amalgam of good, bad and indifferent. It is the bad in us that faces refinement and removal as dross.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 02-25-2015 at 09:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 09:02 PM

157 posts, read 101,664 times
Out of thousands years of knowledges thus i speak: Do not fall into the loops of Buddhism. PhD speaks the theory of Buddhism; their concept of the eternal life. But some judgments are needed. Nobody could bear in mind some very 'not good' criminals live next your beloved ones. It is very irresponsible to whom you love. The thing the OT declared was "I will give you an expected end, (if you worship me.) All these years, and I find some persons were continous offenders. I really don't like to have fellowship with them.

I would commit my cases to the God, the Most High, THE CREATOR, THE ORIGINAL, THE ANCIENT OF THE DAYS, God of Jacob. HE alone decides what to do. And may HE lives forever.

I am a spiritual man, a religious fellow.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:21 PM

Yet again, don't be nervous. To GOD the Father art resurrections belong. And I am very glad we have such loving GOD. He does what HIM seems fit anytime anywhere. Would you come worshipping HIM with me, even only spiritually, if that is what you could afford?

Last edited by sleepymewo; 02-25-2015 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: are

Old 02-25-2015, 09:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepymewo View Post
Out of thousands years of knowledges thus i speak: Do not fall into the loops of Buddhism. PhD speaks the theory of Buddhism; their concept of the eternal life. But some judgments are needed. Nobody could bear in mind some very 'not good' criminals live next your beloved ones. It is very irresponsible to whom you love. The thing the OT declared was "I will give you an expected end, (if you worship me.) All these years, and I find some persons were continous offenders. I really don't like to have fellowship with them.

I would commit my cases to the God, the Most High, THE CREATOR, THE ORIGINAL, THE ANCIENT OF THE DAYS, God of Jacob. HE alone decides what to do. And may HE lives forever.

I am a spiritual man, a religious fellow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepymewo View Post
Yet again, don't be nervous. To GOD the Father art resurrections belong. And I am very glad we have such loving GOD. He does what HIM seems fit anytime anywhere. Would you come worshipping HIM with me, even only spiritually, if that is what you could afford?
The right, power or privilege of having a choice, requires sound judgment.
For we live with the consequences of our decisions; right or wrong.

And, I accept full responsibility for my own actions!

Old 02-25-2015, 09:44 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
No, jimmie . . . you misinterpret judgment as some punishment by God. I interpret it as merely reaping whatever we sow . . . no more and no less than we sow. You think of yourself as all one thing or the other . . . but you are not. We are all an amalgam of good, bad and indifferent. It is the bad in us that faces refinement and removal as dross.
No, I don't. Punishment/discipline is reserved by God for those that belong to Him (Proverbs 3).

Judgment has already taken place (John 3). Without Christ, judgment results in eternal separation from God, in Hell. That is what Matthew 24/25 is about.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:37 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Quote:
No, I don't. Punishment/discipline is reserved by God for those that belong to Him (Proverbs 3).
Judgment has already taken place (John 3). Without Christ, judgment results in eternal separation from God, in Hell. That is what Matthew 24/25 is about.
No it isn't, jimmie. There is no eternal Hell . . . just consequences for what we sow. Jesus eliminated the separation from God for us all. That is why we have nothing to do with it. He is our Savior. It is finished. We have to achieve sanctification under His love for us all through love of God and each other every day and repenting when we don't.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 02-25-2015 at 11:06 PM..

Old 02-25-2015, 10:55 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:

But remember, God loves you! He loves you and he NEEDS MONEY!

Old 02-26-2015, 01:10 AM

335 posts, read 219,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I "was" a fundamentalist. Then I learned that scripture should be interpreted in light of the life and words of Jesus. Hanging on to the OT or even Paul without tempering those writings with what we know about Jesus is paramount for a "Christian" life.

Unfortunately, fundamentalists often interpret Jesus' words and actions by the OT prophets, the Pentateuch, and the writings of Paul.
Not sure where you learned that from, but if you have from the Word of God, you have drifted from truth.
Give God and yourself a chance to reconcile the things which you consider to be inconsistencies through prayer and diligent study

Old 02-26-2015, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The right, power or privilege of having a choice, requires sound judgment.
For we live with the consequences of our decisions; right or wrong.

And, I accept full responsibility for my own actions!
Very very well. I appaulse to the man that I was. I will not pervert you.

But since you are here, your Father had a word in the letter for you:
chose life, why should you die."

If you ever finds that word useful, remeber the love.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
But remember, God loves you! He loves you and he NEEDS MONEY!
What are you talking about?

Get things straight. What the owner of everything needs money for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity