Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2014, 12:51 PM

1,100 posts, read 788,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I've been studying the word since 1986...I study it in its original languages of Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic...
Now study it with His wisdom.

If believers are to rely on the Lord for the wisdom in understanding His words in a Bible already translated for him, then even moreson when translating the language in keeping with the message He wants you to have and follow Him by.

Or take a short cut and examine how the already translated modern Bibles have changed the message from what the KJV has it which the KJV has the same message maintained in the 1599 Geneva Bible.

Scripture are to testify of Jesus Christ ( John 5:39-40 ) so that people will come to Him.

When modern Bibles chnage that message and decline from the testimony of the Son and the KJV does not, then those that love Him and His words will stick with the KJV and Him in understanding the KJV.

Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? 5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Psalm 119:157 Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies. 158 I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved; because they kept not thy word.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

Human intelligence can never match wisdom from the Lord.

Matthew 13:9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. 10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Only Jesus can confirm to you why He has led me to say that the KJV is the one to rely on for the meat of His words to discern good and evil in these latter days where faith is hard to find.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 12:52 PM

518 posts, read 466,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
I had a KJV once. Took it to church. Left it in a room. Came back and somebody stoled it. Hope they got use out it
The word is not "stoled" it is "stoleth"!

Old 12-17-2014, 01:01 PM

3,068 posts, read 7,979,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
The word is not "stoled" it is "stoleth"!
Whatever. This act just proves that some Christians aren't worth a flip.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:00 PM

110 posts, read 100,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You obviously have no knowledge of manuscripts or their validity. Your proof?
Well I suppose the most obvious argument is that they don't agree with the majority of text known as the Byzantine family of texts. These are the bibles of the eastern churches. They also don't agree with the early Latin text of the Western churches. They also disagree with the Armenian, Ethiopic, Gothic, Latin, and Syriac translations(some predating the earliest Greek manuscripts we possess). These texts are not represented in the letters and lectionariesof the church Fathers(so called) of the first 5 centuries. Really they stand all alone.

This is important if you believe God had any will or power to preserve His holy scriptures. To believe that the Alexandrinus, Vaticanus, or the Sinaiticus is the correct word of God is to believe that God allowed His word to be buried in the Vatican basement or on a scrape pile in a monastery unused for almost a thousand years. You also have to believe that the corruptions(mainly additions) in the Byzantine and Western Family of texts were spread to both families as well as early translations and were used by the church Fathers(so called).

The Alexandrinus, Vaticanus, and the Sinaiticus are part of a small family of manuscripts call the Alexandrian text family. They are called that because of the area in which they were thought to be produced; Beyond that they are hardly a family. Herman Hoskier wrote "There are 3036 differences between the readings in Vaticanus and Sinaiticus in the Gospels alone" (Codex B and Its Allies by Herman Hoskier; volume 2, p.1). John Burgon points out that it is easier to find two consecutive verses in which the two manuscripts differ, than two consecutive verses in which they entirely agree. Yet these witnesses are believed ahead of the majority witness of the other 99% of manuscripts.

The Alexandrinus is thought to be 5th century whereas the Vaticanus and Sinaiticus are thought to be 4th century in origin. They are not complete texts. They all have been edited several times over the centuries by unknown scribes. Concerning the Vaticanus Dr. W. Eugene Scott, who owns a large collection of ancient Bible manuscripts and Bibles says, "the manuscript is faded in places; scholars think it was overwritten letter by letter in the 10[SIZE=2]th[/SIZE] or 11[SIZE=2]th[/SIZE] century, with accents and breathing [marks] added along with corrections from the 8[SIZE=2]th[/SIZE], 10th and 15[SIZE=2]th[/SIZE] centuries. Missing portions were supplied in the 15[SIZE=2]th[/SIZE] century by copying other Greek manuscripts." (Codex Vaticanus by Dr. W. Eugene Scott, 1996).

You might be surprised to know that Erasmus knew of codex Vaticanus and chose to reject it as a witness because of its lack of support. He didn't expect to find a perfect manuscript because of the humans involved in the copying. But there is a big difference between mistakes and corruptions. Corruption is what he saw in the Vaticanus. I'm sure if he was ever exposed to the Alexandrinus or Sinaiticus he would have identified them with the same label. So do I.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:31 PM

32,529 posts, read 21,828,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
Now study it with His wisdom.

If believers are to rely on the Lord for the wisdom in understanding His words in a Bible already translated for him, then even moreson when translating the language in keeping with the message He wants you to have and follow Him by.

Or take a short cut and examine how the already translated modern Bibles have changed the message from what the KJV has it which the KJV has the same message maintained in the 1599 Geneva Bible.

Scripture are to testify of Jesus Christ ( John 5:39-40 ) so that people will come to Him.

When modern Bibles chnage that message and decline from the testimony of the Son and the KJV does not, then those that love Him and His words will stick with the KJV and Him in understanding the KJV.

Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? 5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Psalm 119:157 Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies. 158 I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved; because they kept not thy word.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

Human intelligence can never match wisdom from the Lord.

Matthew 13:9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. 10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Only Jesus can confirm to you why He has led me to say that the KJV is the one to rely on for the meat of His words to discern good and evil in these latter days where faith is hard to find.

I do study it with his wisdom...You are a young one that runneth to destruction...

Old 12-17-2014, 08:40 PM

32,529 posts, read 21,828,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
I began my journey with the KJV...There is much in it that is incorrect...The old testament and Tanakh do not even match up...

Old 12-18-2014, 04:54 AM

Quote:
How do you know for a fact it was a "Christian" who took your bible? Since you know who it was, go ask for it back. Or are you making an assumption without the facts?

Old 12-18-2014, 08:33 AM

1,100 posts, read 788,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I do study it with his wisdom...You are a young one that runneth to destruction...
There is a difference between making a suggestion and making a judgment on a person.

If you had creditted that wisdom in learning the languages, but getting the right message by the Lord's help, you would make sure that whenever you gave out that suggestion, you would point out that they need the Lord's wisdom in doing it and not just learn the languages.

I did not give a suggestion this time, but a judgment on your response.

I say that the Lord wants us to have His words and you can use His wisdom in comparing all the Bibles with the KJV to see Him proving that the KJV is the one to rely on for the actual meaning of His words as well as not declining from the testimonies of the Son.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:43 AM

3,068 posts, read 7,979,031 times
Quote:
How do you know for a fact it was a "Christian" who took your bible? Since you know who it was, go ask for it back. Or are you making an assumption without the facts?
Nobody knows who is truly Christian and who isn't. That's a matter between the individual and God. He's the one who knows what is in your heart. Yes I dont always do what is Christian mtself. But I dont steal in a church. Not bragging but better to leave the sins with Jesus than to commit new ones in the church. Church should be a santuary for Christians not a hell hole or a honky tonk.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nobody knows who is truly Christian and who isn't. That's a matter between the individual and God. He's the one who knows what is in your heart. Yes I dont always do what is Christian mtself. But I dont steal in a church. Not bragging but better to leave the sins with Jesus than to commit new ones in the church. Church should be a santuary for Christians not a hell hole or a honky tonk.
You said that because someone allegedly stole your bible that it "proves that some Christians aren't worth a flip". I asked how you knew it was a Christian. Did you just say that to put down Christians or do you know for a fact that a Christian took your bible? Just be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity