Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 05:46 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Wouldn't help, if you quote the words of Jesus and a Christian doesn't believe Jesus, you could take them back in a time machine and they still wouldn't accept it if they are willing to go against Jesus himself.
I would like them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Salvation is hinging on whethor you believe in Him or you do not believe in Him; and nothing else.

Reads to me that Paul is saying the same thing in how we are saved.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God....21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

It stands to reason that law keepers are not reading the words of Jesus rightly so in how we are saved.

Yea, you're wrong...You just quoted the words of Paul and whoever wrote John...Sooooo, there ya go...They weren't His words...

Old 12-27-2014, 06:58 PM

1,100 posts, read 795,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea, you're wrong...You just quoted the words of Paul and whoever wrote John...Sooooo, there ya go...They weren't His words...
I reckon you will find out sooner or later when you come to Him face to face on whethor or not those were the truths of His sayings.

I know I cannot convince you.

I leave you to God as we all should do; I needing His help moreso than others, apparently, and in other areas too.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:29 PM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
I would like them...
You mean about the fact that Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for 100 years and how the Orthodox didn't like the gentiles in their synagogues?

How Rome was so desperate to separate the Jew from the gentile?

Why did Rome care of Gentiles went to Jewish synagogues to keep the Sabbaths and all the feasts of Christ?

Jeroboam's Idolatry
25Then Jeroboam built Shechem in the hill country of Ephraim, and lived there. And he went out from there and built Penuel. 26Jeroboam said in his heart, "Now the kingdom will return to the house of David. 27"If this people go up to offer sacrifices in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then the heart of this people will return to their lord, even to Rehoboam king of Judah; and they will kill me and return to Rehoboam king of Judah."…

There can be no doubt that Paul never stopped keeping the laws of Moses because he proves it himself when the lies are told about him. But the fact that a council was called after DECADES of debate whether of not Gentiles should keep ALL the culture of the Jews.

This council could have only convened in the knowledge that there were tens of thousands of Jews who believed in Jesus, and they all debated whether or not Gentiles should be and do as they have lived.

The fact that a council was formed to decide the question of Gentile observance is a sheer fact that EVERY SINGLY JEWISH BELIEVER NEVER STOPPED KEEPPING THE LAWS. The sheer facts of Jesus and all his disciples including Paul observing the priests of Judaism as their authority can only testify to the truth.

Paul circumcising and making blood sacrifices under the authority of the priests of Judaism to prove the liars wrong with what they were saying of Paul and what they have said of Jesus and all the disciples.

The lie.

''This man and all his followers teach against the laws of God and against this place.''

We can go into the first 100 years of Judaism and show the facts of Christianity being a legal sect of Judaism in Jewish records, and in Roman records and show the Christians being blamed for the fire of the great synagogue.

Finally, there was a vehicle to separate the gentile from Jewish synagogues because the fire was blamed on the followers of Jesus within the Jewish synagogue.

Rome was desperate for a very good reason, if the citizens of Rome went to keep the feasts of Jerusalem 3 times a year, and it's people prayed towards Jerusalem, they obviously knew they would lose their kingdom.

But what good would it be to show all the references when people don't believe Jesus himself?

When they don't believe what Paul did and proved himself, and what is that?

The New Testament is enough to prove that Gentiles converted to Judaism, what else is needed when all it's people fall down under the authority of the priests of Judaism who sit in the seats of Moses?

What did Jesus say?

If people don't believe Moses, they wont believe Jesus because he is the same kind of prophet, and Jesus has his own law.

But this is only shown through the knowledge of Moses law.

The Rights of the Apostles
…8I am not speaking these things according to human judgment, am I? Or does not the Law also say these things? 9For it is written in the Law of Moses, "YOU SHALL NOT MUZZLE THE OX WHILE HE IS THRESHING." God is not concerned about oxen, is He? 10Or is He speaking altogether for our sake? Yes, for our sake it was written, because the plowman ought to plow in hope, and the thresher to thresh in hope of sharing the crops.…

If I go on to show the laws of Jesus by showing the laws of Moses, then I will tell people about an ox who gored a man to death.

There is no religion but Judaism, there is no other law, no other covenant.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:51 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:

Nonsense.

But thanks for the reminder of why I often detest organized religion and its promotion of one belief/faith over all others. Once the followers of a particular faith start saying, "We're right.... you're wrong" things like discrimination and intolerance grow and flourish.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 12-28-2014 at 09:30 AM..

Old 12-28-2014, 02:12 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,585,753 times
Quote:

Those who read your posts such as I have figured out this is what you believe
weeks ago. Maybe you can post in the Judaism forum and stop
proselytizing here now.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
proselytizing here now.
Maybe he will when Christians stop going over there and doing the same...

Old 12-29-2014, 07:47 AM

1,100 posts, read 795,784 times
Quote:
Maybe he will when Christians stop going over there and doing the same...
In this thread, if I recall correctly, he did insinuate that christians do not read the words of Jesus nor Paul and that christians just ignore them when they want to in defense of his beliefs that Jesus & Paul practised Judaism, and then when the tables were turned by showing scripture to the contrary; he began calling Paul a liar, but left Jesus's words alone. I had thought he was a "christian" too, but a religious one.

This is what happens when christians thinks they are under the 10 commandments as in.. to keep the sabbath day holy is still in effect. If believers do not abstain from all appearances of evil when identifying themselves with the Old Covenant, no one would be able to tell a Jew from a Christian in seeing the faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:10 AM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
proselytizing here now.

I believe in Jesus of Jerusalem, and all the things that pertain to Jesus.

Do you think Jesus came preaching Tammuz?

Do you think that Jesus came to convert you to the religion of the Babylonian Messiah?

Do you assume that Jesus came to prove the word of God wrong, and the religion of God wrong so that you could convert to the religion of other gods?

Is that what Jesus came doing?

Jesus came to convert the Pagans to the Babylonian worship system?

You really think that the first Christianity was about converting to the worship of the Babylonian Messiah?

How did Christianity go from converting to Judaism and all it's feast days to converting to the religion of Babylon?

There can be no doubt that Christianity changed and converted to the Babylonian religion because 300 year later they finally wrote laws changing the Sabbaths and feasts of Jesus to that of Tammuz of Babylon.

Just because your brand of Christianity was changed to the worship system of Babylon, you should not act as if the first Christians were like you.

Does the church admit Christianizing and accepted the worship system of Pagan Gods hundreds of Years after Jesus died?

YES.

I hold to the first Christianity and what they believed, you hold to a Christianity that converted to Paganism decades, and decades, and decades after Christ died. Paul and none of the disciples accepted Pagan worship of other Gods, you do.

But please don't act like your Christianity was the original because you have no foundation to stand upon save that of Tammuz.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 12-30-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity