Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 09:25 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
That is a flawed theology. Jesus said to be perfect. The son is perfect. I am perfect in the eyes of my heavenly Father.

It is impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god.

The son is a god. As in "I said you are gods, all of you sons of the Most High."

"Rise up O god and judge the earth."

I do nothing on my own I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.

I do nothing on my own I judge as I hear and my judgment is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of Him who sent me.

The Lord who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me.
Why, and how does God find me, "A sinner" perfect? How did God find Abraham, who we know was a sinner from the story of his life in the bible, "Righteous"?

It actually has NOTHING to do with works.

Read the story of King David. Man he was one bad dude. Killer, adulterer and YET, he is the only character in the bible the God called "A man after my own heart."

When you know, understand and believe the answer to those questions then you have just begun your understanding of God's ways with Mankind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 10:29 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Why, and how does God find me, "A sinner" perfect? How did God find Abraham, who we know was a sinner from the story of his life in the bible, "Righteous"?

It actually has NOTHING to do with works.

Read the story of King David. Man he was one bad dude. Killer, adulterer and YET, he is the only character in the bible the God called "A man after my own heart."

When you know, understand and believe the answer to those questions then you have just begun your understanding of God's ways with Mankind.
It has everything to do with works. The works of God.

The righteous walk in the works of God and the Holy walk in His ways.

It is written in the prophets;

"The righteous will inherit the land and live in it forever."

Old 01-21-2015, 08:06 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
It has everything to do with works. The works of God.

The righteous walk in the works of God and the Holy walk in His ways.

"The righteous will inherit the land and live in it forever."
That is the truth. It has nothing to do with OUR works. God views me as righteous because of what Jesus did on my behalf. That is my only righteousness.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:12 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,025 times
Quote:
Yes, it is John 16 NRS

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
8 And when he comes, he will prove the world wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment:
9 about sin, because they do not believe in me;

Jesus was saying that those who believe in the son of man have no sin. This is another fault of mainstream Christianity in that they believe that believers are sinners. A true believer has no guilt, no sin.
Peace giver -
Jesus said in the Sermon on the mount, when He says for us to love our enemies, Be ye perfect, even as your Farther is perfect. He did not say, ye are perfect, but future-tense Be ye perfect. Elsewhere we read, He that says he has no sin is a liar. As we grow in our walk with the Lord with the Help of the Holy Spirit, He gives us power to resist willfull sins, but we still make many careless mistakes. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
If we nurture the Holy Spirit until we die, we read in Rev. 21:[27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
In Matt. Ch 5, Jesus tells us, Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God (after the Millennium.)

Old 01-21-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
That is the truth. It has nothing to do with OUR works. God views me as righteous because of what Jesus did on my behalf. That is my only righteousness.
Jesus only showed us how to be perfect. He did not do anything on your behalf. He said to follow Him. He said to use His words, the word of God, and be like Him the servant of God. He said His followers were sent with the same words given to Him and those who fail to do so condemn themselves. That is why I must say;

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. I'm the good shepherd. The Lord and I are One.

The works I do in my Father's name bear witness for me. If you do not want to put faith in me then put faith in the works so you will see that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.

The words I speak are not my own it is the Father who lives in me performing His works.

"The Lord guides the humble to justice and He teaches the meek His way."

I am meek and humble of heart. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me and you will find rest for yourselves for my yoke is upright and my burden is light.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Peace giver -
Jesus said in the Sermon on the mount, when He says for us to love our enemies, Be ye perfect, even as your Farther is perfect. He did not say, ye are perfect, but future-tense Be ye perfect. Elsewhere we read, He that says he has no sin is a liar. As we grow in our walk with the Lord with the Help of the Holy Spirit, He gives us power to resist willfull sins, but we still make many careless mistakes. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
If we nurture the Holy Spirit until we die, we read in Rev. 21:[27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
In Matt. Ch 5, Jesus tells us, Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God (after the Millennium.)
"Anyone who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him."

That scripture is fulfilled in me. I am the resurrection and the life. Follow me and you will live.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:47 AM

I believe that if we are truly born again, then we fully commit ourselves to doing the will of our heavenly Father. Then our lights will so shine that our daily walk will manifest that the fruits of the Spirit of Christ are abiding in us.
Since the Holy Spirit is doing the works in us and through us, we will have nothing of which we can boast.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
I believe that if we are truly born again, then we fully commit ourselves to doing the will of our heavenly Father. Then our lights will so shine that our daily walk will manifest that the fruits of the Spirit of Christ are abiding in us.
Since the Holy Spirit is doing the works in us and through us, we will have nothing of which we can boast.
He who acts in truth does the will of the Most High so he shines like the sun in the kingdom of his Father.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:06 AM

On another thread, I posted the following a few minutes ago: "If we have truly repented and are fully committed to Doing the will of God, and manifest the fruits of the Holy Spirit - and nurture that Spirit until we die, it is my understanding that we are assured of having our names written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:25 AM

664 posts, read 806,707 times
I LOVE to sin. But let ME concern myself with my own sins, thank you; they are between myself and my Lord.

I think too many people are worried about OTHER people's sins.

Mind your own business.

If everyone followed this sage advice, the world would be a much better place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity