Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 06:47 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you walk the narrow path, then you will overcome.
If not, following the wide road will lead to correction.

Intended to reform, improve, or rehabilitate.
It can also be called: chastisement or reproof.
So are you saying you save yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 06:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
If you walk the narrow path, then you will overcome.
If not, following the wide road will lead to correction.

Intended to reform, improve, or rehabilitate.
It can also be called: chastisement or reproof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
So are you saying you save yourself?
I do not believe in separation, and not to answer a question with a question.
But, how do you view this verse, and that leading up to it?

Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, (the cursed), to the
fire (the age-during), that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;

And, then this:

For many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name
and in your name drive out demons, and in your name perform many miracles?

Then I (he) will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

So, what exactly are you being saved from, if you already do that which is good, right and just?

Old 02-12-2015, 07:25 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
I do not believe in separation, and not to answer a question with a question.
But, how do you view this verse, and that leading up to it?

Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, (the cursed), to the
fire (the age-during), that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;

That is actually a good question and am happy to give you an answer. The above verse is found within the contextual setting of Matthew 25:31-46 and is concerning Christ Judging the heads of state who represent the nations as to how those nations treated Christ's brethren during their great tribulation.

The phrase "the fire (the age-during)" is highly figurative. When Israel was held captive in Egypt 400+ years they were said to be in an iron furnace and were purified like gold is purified in fire. Now we all know Egypt was not a literal iron furnace with literal fire in that furnace. But now it is the bad nations turn to enter into the same TYPE of fire Israel was in. These nations, during the millennial reign of Christ, will be chastened and ruled with an iron club. The "Devil and his messengers" can also rightly be translated as "the adversary and his/its emissaries." This is speaking of the adversarial nation and its emissaries which took letters to other nations to persecute Christ's brethren.

Quote:
And, then this:

For many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name
and in your name drive out demons, and in your name perform many miracles?

Then I (he) will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

So, what exactly are you being saved from, if you already do that which is good, right and just?
In the first part above, the good nations which treated Christ's brethren correctly are being saved from age-during chastening.

In the second part above, the ones He never knew (by the way, He doesn't say He never will know them), will be cast out of the millennial kingdom Christ will set up in Israel and these hypocrites/evildoers will have to live among the goat nations where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth and which Jesus also calls it a "furnace of fire" thus alluding to the time when Israel was in the furnace of fire when captive in Egypt. The good Israelites will remain in Christ's kingdom He will set up in Israel.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Good people, do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly or to love others.
While bad people will always find a way around the law, until they are corrected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity