Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2015, 12:05 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You keep changing what you are saying. What is a sinful life style ?.
What does it sound like?

Quote:
I will tell you what it is as simple as, if you have a desire to serve and are not serving you are not a new creation, you are a wannabee.
A good straw man is worth repeating

Like I said twice already: Actions are the natural result of faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 12:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And universalists are so wrapped up in "automatic salvation for all", that they actively discourage both believing, and actions.

Actions are the natural result of faith, but it seems many perform actions out of fear of losing their salvation, which shows the legalistic nature of their faith.

A person should examine their faith if:

1. There is no desire to serve Christ
2. They perform actions out of fear, or only because they feel it is a requirement for salation
Finn Jarber... Point 1 you made is what i have been addressing all along. I know that you take huge issue whenever someone speaks about works, you contest it everytime, you automatically equate those who espouse them(works) as trying to earn salvation or for some form of reward or out of fear.

Let me edit what point 1 you made should really be saying, which you conveniently left out, yet mentioned actions in point 2 to speak negatively against them(works) by insinuating they are done out of fear or requirement. What i want to know is why you left the actions part out of point 1 that you made. Like i said in another post to you........ we are wanabee new creations if we are not acting out our God given desires. We are not a new creation because we desire to be one or have good intentions of being one.

1. If there is no acting upon the desire to serve Christ

Do you agree with this ?.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I know that you take huge issue whenever someone speaks about works, you contest it everytime, you automatically equate those who espouse them(works) as trying to earn salvation or for some form of reward or out of fear.
Not at all. Having an issue is very different from discussing what Jesus taught. I am simply discussing. Jesus encouraged works, but the issue here is the motivation for the works. I said faith gives birth to works, and I added it comes through genuine desire to perform those works. A believer works because they want to, not because they feel they MUST. You take an issue with this God given "desire" as if it was a bad thing, and you suggest that if there is a desire, then it should somehow mean there are no works. That is pure straw man, which you keep repeating. You take a much more legalistic view saying you must work whether you desire it or not, and if you don't work then you are not saved. What do you think you will earn by forcing yourself to work against your will?

Giving is an example of working. The Bible says: "Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

Old 01-02-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
And universalists are so wrapped up in "automatic salvation for all", that they actively discourage both believing, and actions.

Actions are the natural result of faith, but it seems many perform actions out of fear of losing their salvation, which shows the legalistic nature of their faith.

1. There is no desire to serve Christ

2. They perform actions out of fear, or only because they feel it is a requirement for salation
Finn Jarber i am addressing point #1 you made. Why did you fail to include actions(works) in point #1, yet you did in point #2

Do you agree with this statement?.

We need to examine our faith if we are not acting out our desires to serve christ and that having a desire to serve and actually serving are not the same thing.

Jesus said blessed is he who hears his desire(his will is his desire and word) and does it

Old 01-02-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Finn Jarber i am addressing point #1 you made. Why did you fail to include actions(works) in point #1, yet you did in point #2

Do you agree with this statement?.

We need to examine our faith if we are not acting out our desires to serve christ and that having a desire to serve and actually serving are not the same thing.

Jesus said blessed is he who hears his desire(his will is his desire and word) and does it
It is not a failure if someone doesn't word their posts exactly the way you do. You can word your posts any way you want, and you should allow others to do so as well. I have explained myself quite clearly, so your inability to comprehend seems intentional. You came right back to repeat the same straw man argument for he 10th time.

Repeat: I said faith gives birth to works, and I added it comes through genuine desire to perform those works. A believer works because they want to, not because they feel they MUST. You take an issue with this God given "desire" as if it was a bad thing, and you suggest that if there is a desire, then it should somehow mean there are no works. That is pure straw man, which you keep repeating. You take a much more legalistic view saying you must work whether you desire it or not, and if you don't work then you are not saved. What do you think you will earn by forcing yourself to work against your will?

Giving is an example of working. The Bible says: "Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

Old 01-02-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
You take an issue with this God given "desire" as if it was a bad thing,
If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them. James 4:17

I take issue with someone who thinks having a Godly desire is the same as acting out that Godly desire. Like i said, once saved always saved doctrine was created for those who think works are not important even though their conscience tells them they are. Important for what ? to gain entrance to heaven ? no and a thousand times no, but because it is life to do so. Anything contrary to as it is in heaven is not life.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I take issue with someone who thinks having a Godly desire is the same as acting out that Godly desire.
You invented that argument, so it's bizarre you'd take an issue with it.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
It is not a failure if someone doesn't word their posts exactly the way you do. You can word your posts any way you want, and you should allow others to do so as well. I have explained myself quite clearly, so your inability to comprehend seems intentional. You came right back to repeat the same straw man argument for he 10th time.

Repeat: I said faith gives birth to works, and I added it comes through genuine desire to perform those works. A believer works because they want to, not because they feel they MUST. You take an issue with this God given "desire" as if it was a bad thing, and you suggest that if there is a desire, then it should somehow mean there are no works. That is pure straw man, which you keep repeating. You take a much more legalistic view saying you must work whether you desire it or not, and if you don't work then you are not saved. What do you think you will earn by forcing yourself to work against your will?

So you do believe having a desire and acting out that desire are the same. i knew you did. You vehemently go against every post that speaks of good works, and justify yourself before God that you are in the faith because you have desire to serve. In other words as long as i have a desire i am once saved always saved. I will leave it like this, for your artful dodging of being up front is just like those politicians you are always calling into question.

Desire without evidence is dead.

Last edited by pcamps; 01-02-2015 at 01:38 PM..

Old 01-02-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
You vehemently go against every post that speaks of good works, and justify yourself before God that you are in the faith because you have desire to serve. In other words as long as i have a desire i am once saved always saved.
Why do you have to make stuff up? It's almost as if you come here with sole purpose of misrepresenting other people in order to start an argument.

Proverbs 16:28 A deceitful man stirs dissension

Old 01-02-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
You invented that argument, so it's bizarre you'd take an issue with it.
That can easily be clarified by you saying they are not the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity