Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:55 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times

Advertisements

My church teaches that a Christian is someone that tries to follow the teachings of Christ.

In other words, there are good christians, bad christians, lazy christians, and pretend christians. Only God knows for sure. Anyone that wants to, can call themselves christian. Others may disagree with them, but it's not their judgement to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 08:09 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post

In other words, there are good christians, bad christians, lazy christians, and pretend christians. Only God knows for sure. Anyone that wants to, can call themselves christian. Others may disagree with them, but it's not their judgment to make.
Yeah, I tend to agree with that. I don't like labels. The Lord knows those who are His.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:46 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
In my personal life, I believe that a person needs to have dedicated their life to Jesus, not just claim the name. I can say I'm a millionaire, but if you looked at my bank account, you would find I am sadly lacking. I think that is the case with many so-called "Christians". They say they are, but their actions prove them to be lacking in their Christ-likeness.

In the end, I'm so glad that Jesus will be the judge whether someone has truly followed him. I know I'm not up to the task, so I'm not going to call out any individual or group regarding this issue. (That is not to say that I will agree with their doctrine, but that is another story. )
Brilliant analogy: "Millionaire...Christian..." I totally agree with your statement and u stated it very well I hope u don't mind if I barrow your analogy. I will credit u with it at least once

Old 01-09-2008, 08:24 AM

364 posts, read 765,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
My church teaches that a Christian is someone that tries to follow the teachings of Christ.

In other words, there are good christians, bad christians, lazy christians, and pretend christians. Only God knows for sure. Anyone that wants to, can call themselves christian. Others may disagree with them, but it's not their judgement to make.

how can somone be pretend christian? pretend to me is like little kids make up imageing friends to play wit meaning NOT REAL

Old 01-09-2008, 08:50 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Good question, History..We probably should not judge if a person is a pretend Christian or not..That gets into the judging thing.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:41 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Brilliant analogy: "Millionaire...Christian..." I totally agree with your statement and u stated it very well I hope u don't mind if I barrow your analogy. I will credit u with it at least once
I don't mind at all...go right ahead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity