Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 07:19 AM

518 posts, read 469,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Baptism

Catechism
Don't forget Mysticism!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 07:20 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
That would invite contentiousness (and contentiousness is a sign of those that are not in Christ - aka the devils children).
Seems such a statement as this is rather contentious?

Old 12-29-2014, 07:29 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
Don't forget Mysticism!
That ain't no religion. Any religion that claims it's got the truth and worse still all the truth there is, in my humble opinion is a false religion.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:38 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
While true, it's not about quoting verses, but, about God's truth, which scripturally tells us how to spot a false Gospel in 1 John 4:1-4 and elsewhere. You are certainly correct about God's attributes (Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnipotent and Love), but, I'm not persuaded that only affirming or quoting these attributes evidences that one is speaking the true 'Gospel' (of Jesus Christ). Of course, the denial of any or all of these attributes, would be "false doctrine."

As James pointed out, "Even the demons know there is ONE God and tremble." I'm not disagreeing with your position, but, only "Knowing some of the attributes of God is not a consistently reliable way to separate true from false doctrine". God also has other equally important attributes: Holy, Righteous, Just, the same Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Eternal, Sovereign over all, the Alpha and Omega (beginning and the End), Creator, Lord, full of mercy and grace, etc..
I don't mean to imply that these are the only attributes but they are definately key attributes for debunking a lot of doctrines as false.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:45 AM

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Old 12-29-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
It still is.

I am just curious how one is able to claim / label who is a child of the devil (obviously a person or group teaching a "false" gospel") and how MysticPhD can be called out for being the devil's child?
I don't know. Perhaps if you see someone say those words you could ask them. I was discussing false gospels. I responded to the last sentence in his post.

Quote:
If we are going to talk false gospels, we ought to have support as to:

What is a false gospel

(Chapter and Verse support)

Who is teaching a false gospel (again, chapter / verse evidence)

How about I start?

EEE-NEEE_MEEANIE-MI_NE-MOE------

Benny (LOL) HINN teaches a false gospel because ---

1. He profits personally from his pseudo-ministry

2. He has not used his ministry for public good (ie gone to hospitals and "cured" those unable to come to him)

3. He preys on the weak and the sick
Glad to see you recognize Hinn as I do.

Quote:
Who wants to go next? Joel Osteen anyone??
I am sure there will be many who will take this one on as well.

Such easy to spot false teachers are easy.

Last edited by BishopRidge; 12-29-2014 at 08:00 AM..

Old 12-29-2014, 07:56 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
1 Corinthians 15:1-4

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And which version below is truth and which is a misrepresentation?

The stories in the four Gospels of Jesus’s death and resurrection are radically different.

1. When brought before Pontius Pilate in the Gospel of Mark, Jesus speaks only two words and is never declared innocent.

2. In the Gospel of John, Jesus engages in a discussion with Pilate, who proclaims this Jewish prisoner to be innocent and deserving of release.

(The Book of John was the last to be written and came at a time when gentiles in Rome were gaining dramatically more influence over Christianity; that explains why the Romans are largely absolved from responsibility for Jesus’s death and blame instead is pointed toward the Jews. That has been one of the key bases for centuries of anti-Semitism.)

And who went to anoint Jesus in his tomb?

1. In Matthew, it was Mary and another woman named Mary, and an angel met them there.

2. In Mark, it was Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome, and a young man met them.

2. In John, it was Mary alone; no one met her. As told in Matthew, the disciples go to Galilee after the Crucifixion and see Jesus ascend to heaven;

3. In Acts, written by Luke, the disciples stay in Jerusalem and see Jesus ascend from there.

Someone or a few people are telling a tall tale. How does one embrace a book (God is NOT in the book) that has such huge discrepancies?

I guess my point is, the entire book can be a false gospel--Belief does NOT depend on what is written in a book.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
And which version below is truth and which is a misrepresentation?

The stories in the four Gospels of Jesus’s death and resurrection are radically different.

1. When brought before Pontius Pilate in the Gospel of Mark, Jesus speaks only two words and is never declared innocent.

2. In the Gospel of John, Jesus engages in a discussion with Pilate, who proclaims this Jewish prisoner to be innocent and deserving of release.

(The Book of John was the last to be written and came at a time when gentiles in Rome were gaining dramatically more influence over Christianity; that explains why the Romans are largely absolved from responsibility for Jesus’s death and blame instead is pointed toward the Jews. That has been one of the key bases for centuries of anti-Semitism.)

And who went to anoint Jesus in his tomb?

1. In Matthew, it was Mary and another woman named Mary, and an angel met them there.

2. In Mark, it was Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome, and a young man met them.

2. In John, it was Mary alone; no one met her. As told in Matthew, the disciples go to Galilee after the Crucifixion and see Jesus ascend to heaven;

3. In Acts, written by Luke, the disciples stay in Jerusalem and see Jesus ascend from there.

Someone or a few people are telling a tall tale. How does one embrace a book (God is NOT in the book) that has such huge discrepancies?

I guess my point is, the entire book can be a false gospel--Belief does NOT depend on what is written in a book.
This stuff is so foolish I doubt you have not seen the explanations so I will just suffice it to say that just because you and i see the same event but don't relate every detail does not prove one of us is wrong. If this is the best you got you have lost already.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:19 AM

2 Timothy 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:32 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
2 Timothy 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Wonderful verse that teaches there is no one to change but self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity