Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 01:15 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel O. McClellan View Post
You just copied and pasted portions of a Haaretz headline, Eusebius, and you don't understand a word of it. You're flagrantly lying now, Eusebius. You know absolutely no Hebrew whatsoever.
He said he knew Hebrew. I was testing him. I do know exactly what it says. Stay out of this. This is between Richard and me.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:16 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,244,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Daniel, nonetheless, Noyes translated it "Howl, son of the morning!"
And he was wrong.

Quote:
The Dead Sea Scrolls do not disagree with the fact that "Howl" should be in Isaiah 14:12.
But they helped us learn a lot about Hebrew lexicography and advanced our knowledge far beyond that of Noyes or anyone else writing in the 19th century.

Quote:
הילל is used in both Isaiah 14:12 and Zechariah 11:2 and should be translated "Howl".
Only if you conclude they're the same word instead of homonyms, and not only can you not provide a single shred of evidence to support your claim, you cannot address the fact that the context militates against that reading. All you can do is ignorantly appeal to authority.

Quote:
You are just grasping at staws. You've been proven wrong. Just admit it and accept it and try to learn from your mistake. Pride is a terrible thing.
Pathetic.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:18 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,244,339 times
Quote:
He said he knew Hebrew. I was testing him.
He's studied Biblical Hebrew. You posted Modern Hebrew. They're two separate languages, and you don't know either of them at all.

Quote:
I do know exactly what it says.
Only when you switch to the English version of the website. Don't lie to me, Eusebius. You couldn't translate Hebrew to save your life.

Quote:
Stay out of this. This is between Richard and me.
No. Translating Hebrew is part of my profession, and I'll not have an ignorant imposter try to destroy the credibility of my profession.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:19 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Daniel, nonetheless, Noyes translated it "Howl, son of the morning!"

Quote:
And he was wrong.
Actually he is correct and you are wrong.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Give it up Dan and Richard.

His tinfoil hat is bolted on.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:25 PM

16,672 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Not this time...
Quote:
prove it.
Quote:
It's already been proven to you, you just don't listen...
Quote:
It's already been proven to you, you just don't listen...
Quote:
Okay...Whatever...I can read Hebrew and I can understand what I read also...
Quote:
If you could read Hebrew you would agree with me.
Quote:
You just copied and pasted portions of a Haaretz headline, Eusebius, and you don't understand a word of it. You're flagrantly lying now, Eusebius. You know absolutely no Hebrew whatsoever.
Quote:
He said he knew Hebrew. I was testing him. I do know exactly what it says. Stay out of this. This is between Richard and me.
... and this is why threads get closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity