Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 11:47 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
You know what is so cool is it God's who is Cool!!!
God has given the faith to believe in Christ Jesus, who has died and rose and now sits at the right hand of the Father interceding for my life and the life of others . That He has given us the faith to choose Him and live by the power of the Holy Spirit in the freedom of His love. Amen!!!
I praised God for He is faithful to His children! Isn't God good? Praise His Holy name. For in Him I live, and move, and have my being (Acts17:28).
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. Isn't that wonderful! He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and I am complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power!
And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen!
Now to Him who is able to keep me from stumbling, and to present me faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to God our Savior, who alone is wise, be the glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen!
thanks Curly

Old 01-08-2008, 11:58 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
thanks Curly
Your welcome! isn't God's word wonderful? And to claim His promises.....That is reality! His word it is perfect! You want to know something? Whether you believe it or not " I love you!" And can't stop me from doing that!!!!!

God Bless!

Old 01-08-2008, 12:39 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,128 times
I wonder what Jesus would say if Here were asked "Will only a few be saved?"

Old 01-08-2008, 12:42 PM

364 posts, read 765,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

narrow is the way and few will find it

Old 01-08-2008, 12:51 PM

Thumbs up Exactly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
Good on you HistoryasIS, 100% accurate

Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"

He said to them, "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.'
"But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.' Luke 13:22-25

Old 01-08-2008, 12:57 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Quote:
Yes, I do know what those scripture mean shanabrown, but not the way you are wanting me to see them.
Are you speaking of the scriptures which speak to the subjection of all to CurlyCosmos? What do they mean to you then, the ones that speak of every knee bowing to God, every tongue confessing Him, of all being subjected or subdued to Him? What does subjection mean to you? I am just asking because I really do not get where you are coming from as far as not believing that all will confess and bow before God one day, if this is what you were saying.

Quote:
And God isn't going to make them choose Him... or say your going to bow your knee and confess me one day and I will show you that I Am God and there is no other God besides Me..... He has already shown them in many ways and He accepts what they really want, a life without Him.... and when Jesus comes back they are going to still feel the same way. And He loves them so much that He let's them have their destiny. To me that is real love!

Isaiah 45:22-25
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23. "I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
24. "They will say of Me, `Only in the LORD are righteousness and strength.'
Men will come to Him,
And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.
25. "In the LORD all the offspring of Israel
Will be justified and will glory."

Romans 14:11
"For it is written as I live saith the Lord,
every knee will bow to Me
and every tongue shall give praise to God.

Philipians 2:9-10
"Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth."

Also Philippians 3:20
"Also our citizenship is in heaven from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself."

What does subjecting, subduing all things to Himself mean?

I believe that all have the right to speak their opinion. I have never said otherwise, CurlytheCosmo. Have I ever put you down in what I have posted? The only thing that I have said is that I believe that some are afraid when they see scriptures relating to the sovereignty of God and the eventual restoration of all. I don't believe that some are able to accept those scriptures which speak of the sovereignty of God. It is not a put down of you or of your right to speak, just an observation and I did not call any names. I am speaking in general from what I have experienced on various boards.

Quote:

I can really see why Jesus said, not to cast your pearls before swine.
Have either one of you sat back and look at the spirit you presenting? Are you having great pleasure in what you are doing? Do you feel you are accomplishing something?
I have never called anyone on this board who agree with me or disagrees with me swine or inferred or considered them to be so. I have tried to share my beliefs and the reasons for my belief. I am not intentionally trying to cause problems but I am sharing a belief that is shared and which is supported in the scriptures. But it seems that many are offended by this. Just an observation. I also shared why I believe that the teaching of an eternal or everlasting hell is false.

Many are interested in learning about the belief in the restoration of all to God. This thread was an invitation to share and this is what I did. No one had to come in and participate. No one here is forcing anyone to share or post. Many are also offended or bothered by the teaching of eternal hell or everlasting hell or eternal death or everlasting death. People have different views and understanding on this. Remember that you were the one who came down on me and said that I was believing the lies of satan and suggested that those who believe in the eventual restoration of all are like satan in that we want to be like God. I have never said anything like this to you. I have never questioned your salvation based on your belief in an eternal hell as it seemed you did on another post. (imo) Think about it.

Quote:
I truly tried to understand where people who believe this teaching, and be considerate and respectful, but I can not and will not acknowledge something that defies the Living God and His Holy Word.
You can keep on believing the lies of Satan...just as he stood one day and said he would be just like the Most High, and he also defied God and his pride separated him from God for all eternity. This teaching is saying the same thing. I want to be like the Most High God. The Holy Spirit is in nothing of it. It is man made and denies the Truths of scripture of God Amighty!
It is the oldest deception satan has used since the garden, "Eat of it and you shall surely not die!" And that is what this is teaching!
God bless!
Please tell me how you know for a fact that this teaching defies the Living God and His Holy Word, that the Holy Spirit has nothing to do it, how it denies the truths of the scriptures, how it says that those who hold to it want to be like the Most High God.

God bless you.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-08-2008 at 01:35 PM..

Old 01-08-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207

This is true, few will find it. This is also true - all belong to Jesus Christ and all will be subjected to Him that God may be all in all. Many are saved in this age and many are not. The creation/creature is to one day be delivered and changed into the glorious freedom of the children of God. Believers are a kind of first fruits of God's creatures. (Pl see previous scriptural references) God bless.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:46 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
This is true, few will find it. This is also true - all belong to Jesus Christ and all will be subjected to Him that God may be all in all. Many are saved in this age and many are not. The creation/creature is to one day be delivered and changed into the glorious freedom of the children of God. Believers are a kind of first fruits of God's creatures. God bless.
But this is my point. Wouldn't it have been an opportune time for Jesus to say or even allude to some sort of "second chance in the next life" if there were such a thing?? But He didn't. Again, one is left with the definite impression of finality here.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
This is true, few will find it. This is also true - all belong to Jesus Christ and all will be subjected to Him that God may be all in all. Many are saved in this age and many are not. The creation/creature is to one day be delivered and changed into the glorious freedom of the children of God. Believers are a kind of first fruits of God's creatures. God bless.
Jesus was asked.

Jesus answered.

I just quoted Him.

God bless.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
But this is my point. Wouldn't it have been an opportune time for Jesus to say or even allude to some sort of "second chance in the next life" if there were such a thing?? But He didn't. Again, one is left with the definite impression of finality here.
Kay, Kay Jesus did not share all things with His disciples (John 16:12) , but He did reveal that He would draw all men to Himself.

"Now judgment is upon this world now the ruler of this world shall be cast out and I, if I be lifted up from the earth will draw all men to Myself." (verses 31-32)

Many are not left with the definite impression of finality when it is realized that Jesus spoke of the ages. The apostle Paul did reveal to the church God's final intention, the subjection of all to Jesus Christ, the summing up/reuniting of all things in Christ. I also wonder if eternal hell is the destiny for lost as many believe why this wasn't revealed in the very beginning to Adam and Eve, to God's chosen people- the nation of Israel, and to all mankind, the offspring of God and those for whom Christ died. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-08-2008 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: typo, addition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity