Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 11:34 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Matthew 27:40King James Version (KJV)

40 And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.

The question to us all is which side are you on.
“And there was also a superscription over him, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. And one of the malefactors that were hanged railed on him, saying, Art not thou the Christ? Save thyself and us. But the other answered, and rebuking him said, Dost thou not even fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said, Jesus, remember me when thou comest in thy kingdom. And he said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in Paradise.”

Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him. The LORD said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke you, Satan! Indeed, the LORD who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?"
So pleroo what is to be killed so that we can live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 12:19 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Get back to me if you ever feel like making sense.
...pejorative reaction. Oh well.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:06 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
And yet he has a choice to follow sin into death or Follow Truth into Life. So I ask you what is the Cause?
Ignorance, if you ignore your own conscience.
Innately, we know right from wrong.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:10 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

Rev. 13

7 and there was given to it to make war with the saints, and to overcome them, and there was given to it authority over every tribe, and tongue, and nation.
8 And bow before it shall all who are dwelling upon the land, whose names have not been written in the scroll of the life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Young's Literal)

foundation=katbole= a casting or laying down

world=kosmos=arrangement, beauty the sum total of the material universe, the sum total of persons living in the world

Ref: Hebrew/Greek Key word Study Bible

God bless.
That doesn't change what was said, even if you are in opposition to it?

Old 01-05-2015, 08:22 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's like watching a duel with powder puffs.

Careful Trout, I have super powers. Don't force me to dust you.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
The question to us all is which side are you on. <snip>
Of course, if you believe that Light masquerades as an angel of darkness, and evil is really good, choosing a side might get complicated.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:46 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
If my kid is seriously hurting other people I would lovingly do it myself. But in this sick society where killing a man that raped your daughter puts you in more trouble than the rapist I guess I would just detach with love.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
If my kid is seriously hurting other people I would lovingly do it myself. But in this sick society where killing a man that raped your daughter puts you in more trouble than the rapist I guess I would just detach with love.

I hardly think society is sick for not allowing vigilante killings. As far as killing a child who is hurting others, you don't believe in restraint and/or rehabilitation/reform?

Of course, in the case of God supposedly demanding Abraham be willing to kill Issac in order to prove his loyalty, that doesn't apply. The story certainly never implies that Isaac was doing anything other than peacefully minding his own business. The story wasn't about any kind of supposed justice ... just blind obedience and an unquestioning willingness to do something evil if you think God has commanded it.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:17 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Ignorance, if you ignore your own conscience.
Innately, we know right from wrong.
So innately knowing right from wrong. Which should be killed Right or wrong. Of course this will get tough through society because we ignore when we are wrong because of pride. When we throw the blame a scape goat escapes into the wilderness and the lies continue. For example if a company wants to make cutbacks to keep profits they will blame the workers instead of just telling the truth. They do not wish to share. All the problems in the world are compounded on a lie that will be burned away by the Fire.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:54 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
What is missing from this question and this thread, is Abraham's history with God.

He walked with God for decades, even through the lying that he did.

We are not talking about God coming to someone out of the blue and making this request.

Abraham trusted God 100% on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity