Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 12:00 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,336,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
YES WE DO KNOW THAT.

Psalms 118:22 The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief corner stone.

Matthew 21:42 Jesus said to them, "Did you read in the Scriptures, 'THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone; THIS CAME ABOUT FROM THE LORD, AND IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR EYES"?

Mark 12:10 "Have you not even read this Scripture: 'THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone;

Luke 20:17 But Jesus looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written: 'THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone''?

1 Peter 2:7 This precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for those who disbelieve, "THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE VERY CORNER stone,"

Acts 4:11 "He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone.

AND Isaiah 8:14 AND Romans 9:33 AND 1 Peter 2:8 AND Matthew 21:44 AND Isaiah 28:16

AND 1 Peter 2:6 AND Daniel 2:34 AND Daniel 2:45 AND Daniel 2:35 AND 1 Corinthians 10:4

AND 1 Peter 2:4

Seems the only ones who don't know it are false churches.

Um what was that church you go to again?
All I see is talk about a stone. And once again I don't think Jesus talks about himself in the 3rd person. This is a real desperate stretch bro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 12:15 PM

322 posts, read 243,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I doubt Julian, a Catholic, practices either.
I did not say they did. But there are those who do.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:20 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
According to the Scriptures I quoted, your not telling the truth.
What scripture says he can pass that authority to anyone?

The question of who is the "rock" is one I am not addressing, rather the idea Peter could pass it on to anyone.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT897 View Post
I did not say they did. But there are those who do.
Is that a conclusion drawn from hanging out with the Catholics?

While I've known Catholics with a devotion to Mary I've yet to meet a Catholic who qualifies as a Maryolator or whatever the heck the term would be. I've never met a Catholic who worships the Pope like some kind of idol. (I thought that stuff went out when John Kennedy was elected and people found our he didn't have Rome on the Hot Line.) At that includes knowing Catholics who adored JPII for his work fighting the commies. The Mass centers around Jesus Christ. Not Mary and certainly not the Pope.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Is that a conclusion drawn from hanging out with the Catholics?

While I've known Catholics with a devotion to Mary I've yet to meet a Catholic who qualifies as a Maryolator or whatever the heck the term would be. I've never met a Catholic who worships the Pope like some kind of idol. (I thought that stuff went out when John Kennedy was elected and people found our he didn't have Rome on the Hot Line.) At that includes knowing Catholics who adored JPII for his work fighting the commies. The Mass centers around Jesus Christ. Not Mary and certainly not the Pope.
Why do you think it's OK for them to call people names but when it's turned on them you object? It's as true for them as what they are calling others so let's just all do as they did and call each other names. You seem to support the idea until it is returned in kind.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Why do you think it's OK for them to call people names but when it's turned on them you object? It's as true for them as what they are calling others so let's just all do as they did and call each other names. You seem to support the idea until it is returned in kind.
Actually, I entered the conversation only because of what you said about Catholics and the Pope. (The Mary comments I've heard ad nauseum. Most non-Catholics get that wrong.) But the Pope and idolarity? That caught my eye because it's something I thought died out in 1961.

If you know Catholics who idolize the Pope I have a question: is this idol worship confined to Francis or is it all Popes?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-06-2015 at 01:03 PM..

Old 01-06-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Actually, I entered the conversation only because of what you said about Catholics and the Pope. (The Mary comments I've heard ad nauseum. Most non-Catholics get that wrong.) But the Pope and idolarity? That caught my eye because it's something I thought died out in 1961.

If you know Catholics who idolize the Pope I have a question: is this idol worship confined to Francis or is it all Popes?
Why don't you care about the name they used? I simply responded that it's the same thing basically. But since you are not addressing what started this I see why you don't understand.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Bibliolatry is not the answer.
Quote:
It's better than Popeolatry or Maryolatry!
Maybe this will help those out who cannot scroll back and see what the conversation is about.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Why don't you care about the name they used?
Because, IMHO, it wasn't used as a personal attack*. Free advice: if you're going to get upset when someone uses that particular term you better buckle up.... it's a term that is used regularly on this forum. "Popeolatry"? That's a new one. Going to tell us how that works?

*If you feel it was..... you can report it to the mods. Forum posting guidelines are in the sticky at the top of each forum in Religion and Spirituality

Old 01-06-2015, 02:36 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,171,502 times
In another thread it talks about telescopes. Here we are talking about rocks.

Have you seen those huge round sculptures that have the huge crater like hole in them (around the world)?

Yellow Stone National Park.

It's all about rocks and stones. ...and when they move ~ my my.

People should move away from Yellow STONE National Park ~ it's getting ready to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity