Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 01:53 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
If Jesus said His work was finished why did He enlist Paul afterwards? He wouldn't have done that. He wouldn't have sent someone in a different way than He sent others that would have divided His ministry.

The object was for His followers to do and say the words of Himself and the words of the prophets before Him. To spread God's word as He did.
His work on the cross was finished. What you are saying is if His work was finished why did He tell the disciples later that they would sit on 12 throned judging the twelve tribes of Israel?

Why did He enlist Paul to be the apostle of the nations? Because the nations needed an apostle, a commissioned one, one commissioned by Jesus Christ. Because God shut the door to Israel as a nation and went to the nations with grace rather than law mixed with grace.

Jesus' Circumcisionist brethren of Israel were to do and say His words. They were to follow Christ according to His earthly ministry. We of the nations are to follow Christ according to our heavenly ministry.

Rom_11:13 Now to you am I saying, to the nations, in as much as, indeed, then, I am the apostle of the nations, I am glorifying my dispensation,

1Co_1:1 Paul, a called apostle of Christ Jesus, through the will of God, and Sosthenes, a brother,

2Co_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, through the will of God, and brother Timothy, to the ecclesia of God which is in Corinth, together with all the saints who are in the whole of Achaia:"

Eph_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God, to all the saints who are also believers in Christ Jesus:"

Col_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, through the will of God, and brother Timothy,

1Ti_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, according to the injunction of God, our Saviour, and the Lord Jesus Christ, our Expectation,

2Ti_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, through the will of God, in accord with the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Tit_1:1 Paul, a slave of God, yet an apostle of Jesus Christ, in accord with the faith of God's chosen, and a realization of the truth, which accords with devoutness,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
There is argument that Peter never authored that second letter...
Peter signed the 2nd epistle to the Israelite believers.

Old 01-04-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Galatians was written by Paul not Peter...Where does it states this about Peter?...
That is correct. Paul wrote Galatians.

Gal 2:8-9 according as Peter of the Circumcision (for He Who operates in Peter for the apostleship of the
Circumcision operates in me also for the nations), (9) and, knowing the grace which is being given to me,
James and Cephas and John, who are supposed to be pillars, give to me and Barnabas the right hand of
fellowship, that we, indeed, are to be for the nations, yet they for the Circumcision-"

Notice that Cephas (who is Peter) who said Paul is for the nations yet Peter, James and John are to be for the Circumcision Jews.

Old 01-04-2015, 04:48 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,783,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
His work on the cross was finished. What you are saying is if His work was finished why did He tell the disciples later that they would sit on 12 throned judging the twelve tribes of Israel?

Why did He enlist Paul to be the apostle of the nations? Because the nations needed an apostle, a commissioned one, one commissioned by Jesus Christ. Because God shut the door to Israel as a nation and went to the nations with grace rather than law mixed with grace.

Jesus' Circumcisionist brethren of Israel were to do and say His words. They were to follow Christ according to His earthly ministry. We of the nations are to follow Christ according to our heavenly ministry.

Rom_11:13 Now to you am I saying, to the nations, in as much as, indeed, then, I am the apostle of the nations, I am glorifying my dispensation,

1Co_1:1 Paul, a called apostle of Christ Jesus, through the will of God, and Sosthenes, a brother,

2Co_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, through the will of God, and brother Timothy, to the ecclesia of God which is in Corinth, together with all the saints who are in the whole of Achaia:"

Eph_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God, to all the saints who are also believers in Christ Jesus:"

Col_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, through the will of God, and brother Timothy,

1Ti_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, according to the injunction of God, our Saviour, and the Lord Jesus Christ, our Expectation,

2Ti_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, through the will of God, in accord with the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Tit_1:1 Paul, a slave of God, yet an apostle of Jesus Christ, in accord with the faith of God's chosen, and a realization of the truth, which accords with devoutness,
His work was never about the cross. That was just His way out.

Paul could not have been sent since Jesus said He sent His disciples as He was sent same words and glory. Can't be. Contradicts scripture.

By the way Jesus didn't tell the disciples after He died that they would sit on thrones and judge it was before and it was not them but anyone who would truly follow Him.

Old 01-04-2015, 04:51 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,125,503 times
Quote:
I believe that the writer of the Gospel attributed to John is contained within John itself...
John 21 states that the Gospel was written down by the disciple Jesus loved, spoken of in the third person. "We know that his testimony is true." (v 24) But the name John is never used.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:10 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
John 21 states that the Gospel was written down by the disciple Jesus loved, spoken of in the third person. "We know that his testimony is true." (v 24) But the name John is never used.
Who was the disciple whom Yeshua loved?..

Old 01-04-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Hebrews

Paul quoting Job.

Jesus Made Like His Brothers
5For He did not subject to angels the world to come, concerning which we are speaking. 6But one has testified somewhere, saying, "WHAT IS MAN, THAT YOU REMEMBER HIM? OR THE SON OF MAN, THAT YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HIM? 7"YOU HAVE MADE HIM FOR A LITTLE WHILE LOWER THAN THE ANGELS; YOU HAVE CROWNED HIM WITH GLORY AND HONOR, AND HAVE APPOINTED HIM OVER THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS;…

Job Continues: Life Seems Futile
…16"I waste away; I will not live forever. Leave me alone, for my days are but a breath. 17"What is man that You magnify him, And that You are concerned about him, 18That You examine him every morning And try him every moment?…

A son of man is just what it says it is, a son of mankind, just as Jesus was, and as it goes with the son of man who follows God, it goes with all the sons of men who follow God.

A son of man is a human, thus the word,'' MAN.''

HU MAN.

Woe Man.

How hard is that to understand?

Psalms 22:2
"Can a man be of benefit to God? Can even a wise person benefit him?

Job 25:6
how much less a mortal, who is but a maggot-- a human being, who is only a worm!"

Psalm 8:4
what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?

Psalm 144:3
LORD, what are human beings that you care for them, mere mortals that you think of them?

ONE LIKE THE SON OF MAN.

Daniel's Vision of the Ancient of Days
…12"As for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was taken away, but an extension of life was granted to them for an appointed period of time. 13"I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him. 14"And to Him was given dominion, Glory and a kingdom, That all the peoples, nations and men of every language Might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion Which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one Which will not be destroyed.

He is pictured as being like the son of man because Daniel sees him in a human form.

Revelation

Revelation 14:14 I looked, and there before me was a white cloud ... I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one
like a son of man with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his ...

ONE LIKE THE SON OF MAN BECAUSE IT IS A HUMAN FORM BEING SEEN.
Hu is he...

Old 01-04-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Peter signed the 2nd epistle to the Israelite believers.
Where?...

Old 01-04-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
That is correct. Paul wrote Galatians.

Gal 2:8-9 according as Peter of the Circumcision (for He Who operates in Peter for the apostleship of the
Circumcision operates in me also for the nations), (9) and, knowing the grace which is being given to me,
James and Cephas and John, who are supposed to be pillars, give to me and Barnabas the right hand of
fellowship, that we, indeed, are to be for the nations, yet they for the Circumcision-"

Notice that Cephas (who is Peter) who said Paul is for the nations yet Peter, James and John are to be for the Circumcision Jews.
Yea...Paul wrote that...Not Peter...

Old 01-04-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
By the way Jesus didn't tell the disciples after He died that they would sit on thrones and judge it was before and it was not them but anyone who would truly follow Him.
Twelve Jews to judge the twelve Jewish tribes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity