Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 10:00 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times

Advertisements

Jesus said the title son of man many times but Paul never said it. How can Paul be a genuine apostle when he never abided in the words of Jesus? How did he continue in His word?

Remember, just as in the days of Noah so will it be at the coming of the son of man.

They all laughed at Noah, thinking they had no worries.

The son of man is lord of the Sabbath who comes eating and drinking in the name of the Lord and glorifying Him.

The son of man will come at a time you least expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 10:04 AM

45,580 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Why do you have an issue with Paul?

Old 01-02-2015, 10:07 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
How can Paul be a genuine apostle when he never abided in the words of Jesus?
Isn't the definition of apostle "one who is sent out"? If so, that requirement was likely met if you believe Paul was sent out. If your definition is stricter, then he couldn't have been an apostle because there were only 12. However, it appears the definition isn't the issue here.

I have difficulty linking the omission of a certain phrase with the conclusion that he NEVER abided in the words of Jesus.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
Isn't the definition of apostle "one who is sent out"? If so, that requirement was likely met if you believe Paul was sent out. If your definition is stricter, then he couldn't have been an apostle because there were only 12. However, it appears the definition isn't the issue here.

I have difficulty linking the omission of a certain phrase with the conclusion that he NEVER abided in the words of Jesus.
What about omitting all of Jesus' words? Paul only referenced Jesus' words once. Jesus said He gave the words that were given to Him to His followers and sent them as He was sent. Does Paul meet that criteria?

Old 01-02-2015, 10:31 AM

689 posts, read 549,438 times
Quote:
Jesus said the title son of man many times but Paul never said it. How can Paul be a genuine apostle when he never abided in the words of Jesus? How did he continue in His word?

Remember, just as in the days of Noah so will it be at the coming of the son of man.

They all laughed at Noah, thinking they had no worries.

The son of man is lord of the Sabbath who comes eating and drinking in the name of the Lord and glorifying Him.

The son of man will come at a time you least expect.
Can you give a counter example who else said it other than Jesus?

Mostly Son of Man is how Jesus calling Himself.

Moreover, Paul was never lived with Jesus to learn His words before Jesus' crucifixion. Paul received Christ's teachings perhaps in a more supernatural way IMO.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Can you give a counter example who else said it other than Jesus?

Mostly Son of Man is how Jesus calling Himself.

Moreover, Paul was never lived with Jesus to learn His words before Jesus' crucifixion. Paul received Christ's teachings perhaps in a more supernatural way IMO.
God the Father said it through one or more of the prophets. I have said it as Jesus commanded to follow Him and abide in His word.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:41 AM

689 posts, read 549,438 times
Quote:
God the Father said it through one or more of the prophets. I have said it as Jesus commanded to follow Him and abide in His word.
Are you dodging the question? I ask who else ever mentioned the title "Son of Man" other than Jesus Himself?

Old 01-02-2015, 10:45 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,964 times
Quote:
What about omitting all of Jesus' words? Paul only referenced Jesus' words once. Jesus said He gave the words that were given to Him to His followers and sent them as He was sent. Does Paul meet that criteria?
I remember when I was first starting out, sharing the gospel with others. I was in my car, driving to my office in the city. I was afraid and worried about how I was going to share the gospel with another person who works on my floor. I finally decided that no matter how badly it goes, no matter how badly I botch the WORDS, I'm going to share the gospel.

At that very instant, I was baptized in the Holy Spirit. I saw a vision of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. I then saw Jesus. He told me that I'm now a witness. Go! Go tell that man on your floor about me! You saw it! You now know it's true. You'll be sharing what you know to be true.

Do I have set words that I use when I share the gospel? No way! In fact, it doesn't even feel like me doing the talking.

Old 01-02-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Are you dodging the question? I ask who else ever mentioned the title "Son of Man" other than Jesus Himself?
I said some of the prophets.

Isaiah, Ezekiel and Daniel.

Old 01-02-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
I remember when I was first starting out, sharing the gospel with others. I was in my car, driving to my office in the city. I was afraid and worried about how I was going to share the gospel with another person who works on my floor. I finally decided that no matter how badly it goes, no matter how badly I botch the WORDS, I'm going to share the gospel.

At that very instant, I was baptized in the Holy Spirit. I saw a vision of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. I then saw Jesus. He told me that I'm now a witness. Go! Go tell that man on your floor about me! You saw it! You now know it's true. You'll be sharing what you know to be true.

Do I have set words that I use when I share the gospel? No way! In fact, it doesn't even feel like me doing the talking.
So you admit that you do not use the words of Jesus as He commanded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity