Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 07:01 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
1. You'll have to read the judges/supreme courts remarks/opinions. This will give insights as to why (their reasoning) creationism has limitation placed on it in certain public spheres. Nevertheless as it stand right now...it is limited.

2. I think you and many others are mistaken with your focus on athiesm with this subject. I think you guys should be more concerned about scientism. Actually you should be most concearned with fanatical transhumanism and transhumanist (like myself). We're not just looking to teach/understand evolution. We are looking to evolve ourselves through biological and technological means. This idea/movement at the end of the day (I Think) truly threatens those of the population that believe man (human beings) are God's final creation.
Why don't your kind get together, a couple thousand of you and find a small hill and jump off it, while you flap your arms and see if you can grow wings. Do it over and over until you have offspring and take your kids to the small hill and have them do it. Don't worry about the broken arms and broken legs. Eventually, according to the theory, you will grow wings due to the harsh circumstances causing the growth. And keep doing this to each successive generation. And if that doesn't work, maybe pick a higher and higher cliff. I'm sure eventually somethings gotta click. So rather than just talk, why not just do it and see if you will evolve wings? start a journal. Contact your local university and tell them what you are going to prove. Maybe they will fund it with ambulances and doctors at the bottom of the hill.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:04 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Well, it is SCHOOL and students should be exposed to all religious beliefs concerning creation and not just the Christian view. Why should students be exposed to only one belief such as the atheist idea of evolution?

So do you think that being taught as a student that we are all here by accident, that that encourages people to have better self-worth?
No I think we should teach science in science. Why are you not a asking for religion to be taught in math and fine arts too?

It is a few religious types who keep saying that evolution teaches us we are here by accident and have no value. No matter how often Eusebius keeps repeating a lie it remains a lie.

A class on different or comparative religions is a good idea but again it is not science. But then you like to decide what is science without even understanding what it is, to make up your own definitions so you are never wrong and to falsely accuse scientists of dishonesty and cowardness.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Why don't your kind get together, a couple thousand of you and find a small hill and jump off it, while you flap your arms and see if you can grow wings. Do it over and over until you have offspring and take your kids to the small hill and have them do it. Don't worry about the broken arms and broken legs. Eventually, according to the theory, you will grow wings due to the harsh circumstances causing the growth. And keep doing this to each successive generation. And if that doesn't work, maybe pick a higher and higher cliff. I'm sure eventually somethings gotta click. So rather than just talk, why not just do it and see if you will evolve wings? start a journal. Contact your local university and tell them what you are going to prove. Maybe they will fund it with ambulances and doctors at the bottom of the hill.
Lamark's idea was never accepted and natural selection was. Guess you still are eager to show everyone just how little you know or understand about evolution.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Lamark's idea was never accepted and natural selection was. Guess you still are eager to show everyone just how little you know or understand about evolution.
It's not about natural selection. Moderator cut: Offensive term removed teach that hardships etc. are some of the things which caused evolution to occur. It just shows everyone just how little you know or understand about what your high priests taught you.

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-13-2015 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: There will be no mention of Evolutionary high priests.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:38 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,145 times
Quote:

Why? I said we would evolve ourselves through technology. In other words we would be usurping natural process. So there is no need to do anything of the sort that you mentioned above. We are already heading towards becoming cyborgs. For right now for the most part things are still external. But over time the internalization of technology is pretty much a given.

In essence you have already lost the war. People love their tech. And I would dare say the youth of today are bound to it. As time moves forward I believe it is inevitable that there will be a post human society.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
It's not about natural selection. Moderator cut: Offensive term removed teach that hardships etc. are some of the things which caused evolution to occur. It just shows everyone just how little you know or understand about what your high priests taught you.
I know that you are full of BS

No high priests
Hardships do not cause young to have any new adaptation
changes in the environmental may allow mutations to be favourable may be what you mean
You are clueless about evolution

Or you could try reading a science book about evolution but we know you would never do that.

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-13-2015 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:12 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Default evololution still occurring

Evolution is still occurring--even among humans. There are basically five straw man arguments made by creationists:

Evolution has never been observed.
Evolution violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
There are no transitional fossils.
The theory of evolution says that life originated, and evolution proceeds, by random chance.
Evolution is only a theory; it hasn't been proved.

The first four are easily disproved, but creationists won't read any of the data disproving them. The last one, they are only partially correct about.

Calling the theory of evolution "only a theory" is, strictly speaking, true, but the idea it tries to convey is completely wrong. The argument rests on a confusion between what "theory" means in informal usage and in a scientific context. A theory, in the scientific sense, is "a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena" [Random House American College Dictionary]. The term does not imply tentativeness or lack of certainty. Generally speaking, scientific theories differ from scientific laws only in that laws can be expressed more tersely. Being a theory implies self-consistency, agreement with observations, and usefulness. (Creationism fails to be a theory mainly because of the last point; it makes few or no specific claims about what we would expect to find, so it can't be used for anything. When it does make falsifiable predictions, they prove to be false.)

Lack of proof isn't a weakness, either. On the contrary, claiming infallibility for one's conclusions is a sign of hubris. Nothing in the real world has ever been rigorously proved, or ever will be. Proof, in the mathematical sense, is possible only if you have the luxury of defining the universe you're operating in. In the real world, we must deal with levels of certainty based on observed evidence. The more and better evidence we have for something, the more certainty we assign to it; when there is enough evidence, we label the something a fact, even though it still isn't 100% certain.

And sometimes things still baffle us.

[youtube]

Old 02-10-2015, 09:37 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
It's not about natural selection. Evolutionary high priests teach that hardships etc. are some of the things which caused evolution to occur. It just shows everyone just how little you know or understand about what your high priests taught you.
Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously when you use terms like "evolutionary high priests"?

Old 02-11-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously when you use terms like "evolutionary high priests"?
I do not think he cares if anyone takes him seriously. I also think he is not interesting in learning new stuff or expanding his knowledge, or in truth or honesty. From my observation I beleive that he is only interested in demonizing any idea or any person that he thinks contradicts his view of the Bible.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I do not think he cares if anyone takes him seriously. I also think he is not interesting in learning new stuff or expanding his knowledge, or in truth or honesty. From my observation I beleive that he is only interested in demonizing any idea or any person that he thinks contradicts his view of the Bible.
Give me just one actual proof, one undeniable proof that God did not mold the first human pair Himself out of the soil around 6 or so thousand years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity