Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 04:25 AM

709 posts, read 377,915 times

Advertisements

In the Lord Jesus Christ I greets you all,

If a man assume that the Bible give the permission to do sin, the man can not understand the scriptures

When we read the Bible we should always assume that it leads us to the life without no sin, then it is possibility that we may fully understand the scriptures, otherwise we end up turn the truth to false, according to our own heart desires, which works against the will of God.

The mind of flesh, is a mind ot a natural man, and it works according to the man's own heart desires, and it will try to find to space for sin, so that it can keep go on the life according man's own heart desires.

But the mind of the Spirit is different, it do not follows man's own heart desires, and do not try to find way to life with the sin, because the mind of the Spirit follows the will of God and there is no darkness in God.

35.Look therefore whether the light that is in thee be not darkness . (Luke 11:35)

Ans every man should mortify this mind of the flesh, by following God with honest heart, and the mind of the flesh, will changes to mind of the Spirit.

Exhortation

Mikko Ainasoja

Yahweh's and the Lord Jesus Christ's servant and a chosen teacher
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 06:26 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Mikko, if a man thinks the bible is about how not to sin, he his still in darkness. The scriptures testify of the Light(not the darkness) who is Jesus Christ who is the way of righteousness. If our light is darkness, it is for one reason, what we are giving our attention too, for whatever we behold that is what we become.

2 Cor 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Philemon 1:6 The the communication of our faith may becomes effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in us in Christ Jesus.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:49 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
In the Lord Jesus Christ I greets you all,

If a man assume that the Bible give the permission to do sin, the man can not understand the scriptures

When we read the Bible we should always assume that it leads us to the life without no sin, then it is possibility that we may fully understand the scriptures, otherwise we end up turn the truth to false, according to our own heart desires, which works against the will of God.

The mind of flesh, is a mind ot a natural man, and it works according to the man's own heart desires, and it will try to find to space for sin, so that it can keep go on the life according man's own heart desires.

But the mind of the Spirit is different, it do not follows man's own heart desires, and do not try to find way to life with the sin, because the mind of the Spirit follows the will of God and there is no darkness in God.

35.Look therefore whether the light that is in thee be not darkness . (Luke 11:35)

Ans every man should mortify this mind of the flesh, by following God with honest heart, and the mind of the flesh, will changes to mind of the Spirit.

Exhortation

Mikko Ainasoja

Yahweh's and the Lord Jesus Christ's servant and a chosen teacher
Amen, Mikko !
I pray many especially in this forum would take heed in what God has given you too share. As there is to much finger pointing rather then truly looking at oneself whether one is walking according to God's will, listening to Him or is there possibly any sin remaining in our lives that would hinder the Spirit of God's work in our lives.
All we need to do is pray to the Lord and He will reveal to us "whether the light that is in thee be darkness." amen !

Blessings

Old 01-28-2015, 08:03 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen, Mikko !
I pray many especially in this forum would take heed in what God has given you too share. As there is to much finger pointing rather then truly looking at oneself whether one is walking according to God's will, listening to Him or is there possibly any sin remaining in our lives that would hinder the Spirit of God's work in our lives.
All we need to do is pray to the Lord and He will reveal to us "whether the light that is in thee be darkness." amen !

Blessings
The biggest problem is determining what is God's will, and those who think they can find it is a list of rules rather than the spirit of the "New Commandment." Paul gave a perfect guideline in 1 Cor 10: " 23All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify. 24Let no one seek his own good, but that of his neighbor." The point is that it is not about rules or law, but what is good for everybody in any given situation. This is pointedly ignored by focussing on concepts of sin rather than what IS beneficial.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The biggest problem is determining what is God's will, and those who think they can find it is a list of rules rather than the spirit of the "New Commandment." Paul gave a perfect guideline in 1 Cor 10: " 23All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify. 24Let no one seek his own good, but that of his neighbor." The point is that it is not about rules or law, but what is good for everybody in any given situation. This is pointedly ignored by focussing on concepts of sin rather than what IS beneficial.

Your pointing the finger as so many do, really sad !

Old 01-28-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Your pointing the finger as so many do, really sad !
At whom did I point?(He says as he looks down the finger pointed at him and in the direction of the other three fingers on that hand)

Old 01-28-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
At whom did I point?(He says as he looks down the finger pointed at him and in the direction of the other three fingers on that hand)
You know the will of God and this in which you are trying do in making your point is not, but pointing your finger at your neighbor

Are you really listening to the scripture you gave ?????
"Let no one seek his own good, but that of his neighbor."

Are you seeking the good of your neighbor ? NO, I think not, what I see is you seeking is your own good and your op. And not allowing others to believe and express as God has led them to do !! That is beneficial !!!

Old 01-28-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
You know the will of God and this in which you are trying do in making your point is not, but pointing your finger at your neighbor

Are you really listening to the scripture you gave ?????
"Let no one seek his own good, but that of his neighbor."

Are you seeking the good of your neighbor ? NO, I think not, what I see is you seeking is your own good and your op. And not allowing others to believe and express as God has led them to do !! That is beneficial !!!
And my poiint in the last post was that it was not I who was pointing at a person. I was pointing out a particular error in understanding the basis of the New Covenant. If pointing that out stings someone, they should look to the meaning.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
And my poiint in the last post was that it was not I who was pointing at a person. I was pointing out a particular error in understanding the basis of the New Covenant. If pointing that out stings someone, they should look to the meaning.
No, your point was this....
" The point is that it is not about rules or law, but what is good for everybody in any given situation. This is pointedly ignored by focussing on concepts of sin rather than what IS beneficial."

You can't ignore the sin issue, nateswift ! That is why Christ came to destroy sin !!
If one is living and practicing sin then they will not be in the Light of the Lord, they are totally separated from the presence of the Lord due to the sin in their life until they repent.

That is why our Lord said, "Look therefore whether the light that is in thee be not darkness ." (Luke 11:35)

Sin needs to be dealt with and that is why Christ came and died on the cross, it is not just about loving our neighbor as ourselves, nateswift !
It is that LOVE that He, Christ draws mankind with in order to set the captive free from the life of sin and death, too live eternally with the Heavenly Father !!

Sweeping sin under the rug and trying to hide it is not beneficial, but destructive..... loving your neighbor is sharing with them about their need too repent through Jesus Christ of their sin .

Your New Covenant philosophy denies Christ and elevates the worshiping of the idol "love" !!

Matthew 6:22-23 (NASB)
22 “The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light.
23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

Luke 11:33-36 (NASB)
33 “No one, after lighting a lamp, puts it away in a cellar nor under a basket, but on the lampstand, so that those who enter may see the light.
34 The eye is the lamp of your body; when your eye is clear, your whole body also is full of light; but when it is bad, your body also is full of darkness.
35 Then watch out that the light in you is not darkness.
36 If therefore your whole body is full of light, with no dark part in it, it will be wholly illumined, as when the lamp illumines you with its rays.”

Old 01-28-2015, 09:40 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Quote:
I agree Nate, we are set free from sin by intently focusing our attention on the opposite of sin which is righteousness, the serpent gets the foothold in our lives by us looking at his wares. He gave Adam and his wife something to behold in Eden and as we know it wasn't a granny smith. What we behold we conceive then become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity