Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 01:04 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Nope, you said it wasn't historical. So it is up to you to prove so. We can do this round and round a hundred or more times if you want.
I quite literally said that it is no more a historical document than the Quran or any other religious book but I never commented on the historical accuracy of any books. So you are putting words in my mouth.

You are the one with the claim, so it is up to you to prove it. I mean, if the book is so obviously a historical document then it should be pretty easy.

Let's see it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 01:23 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
lol

The bible is no more a historical document than the Quran or any other religious book for that matter.
Prove it.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:26 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
I wonder why your link doesn't mention upside down polystrate trees.

Obviously you were taught according to the idea of uniformitarianism. It's not your fault and maybe not the fault of those who taught you.

I don't know what your question is about "is my God on my sited web site wrong?" Wrong about what and what cited web site?
Because there are none, unless you can provide an actual photo of one. Once you prove that they exist, then we'll address it.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Prove it.
It is not my burden to prove it. When you claim that the bible is historically accurate the conversation stops right then and there.

YOU prove the bible IS historically accurate and we'll go from there, until then I don't believe you.

Here's a better question, what has convinced YOU that the bible is a historically accurate document?

Old 02-06-2015, 01:31 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
I wonder why your link doesn't mention upside down polystrate trees.

Obviously you were taught according to the idea of uniformitarianism. It's not your fault and maybe not the fault of those who taught you.

I don't know what your question is about "is my God on my sited web site wrong?" Wrong about what and what cited web site?

Sure, I should go back and find the posts that you have ignored so you can ignore it again. It is unlikely that you will bother to answer it as all you will do is bring something else up. I have no idea if the link mentioned upside down trees or not, you claimed that in my area there was proof of a global flood and I stated that is not and for proof you bring up ploystate trees which I have never seen in this area.

As far as uniformitarism are you stating that during the flood in the Bible that the laws of gravity did not apply? That the principles of how sediments settle in a water body were differnt, that fast flowing fresh water streams could flow through fine sediment saline water without any rocks dropping out?

Your site claimed that God placed two eyes on animals so they could have binocular vision and yet in reality most animals have monocularvision. This is the third time I have posted this so either you do not read other posts or you do not have an answer or both. Totally dishonest.

If you know geology so well perhaps you and your kind should be replacing the geologist for Exxon Mobile or Shell. The oil companies have tens or hundreds of thousands of cores from bore holes and I bet the oil companies are not afraid to state a flood if one occurred. Or are they also dishonest when it comes to geology.

Neither my profs, TAs or myself are cowards or liars no matter what a you think or believe. Your are simply WRONG and so is your silly little book, at least if taken literally. REmember it is you that told your God that the 9th commandment does not apply to you by making false testimonies to the biologists, geographers and geologists of the world.

Your god is not so powerful if he cannot place the eyes in the correct place on most animcals or that he has to accept your lies and false accussations in his defence.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:34 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Prove it.
Ah, the Negative Proof fallacy. The favorite tactic of the religious fundamentalist.

"You can't prove that the bible isn't historical, therefore it is historical."

Old 02-06-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Ah, the Negative Proof fallacy. The favorite tactic of the religious fundamentalist.

"You can't prove that the bible isn't historical, therefore it is historical."
I have to calm down because this guy makes me want to rage pretty hard. His mind is so far from logic that there isn't any way to reason with him.

I'll just leave this here

Old 02-06-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
OTHER EVIDENCE AGAINST EVOLUTION
Other Evidence Against Evolution
With really tasty quotes from evolutionists against evolution. Read it and weep.

So I did your work for you,(post 875 I think it was) this is your site and I posted at least three times errors and falsehoods in this site none of which you bothered to defend, only just to add other stuff.

If you accept this as evidence you are clueless in what the word even means, as clueless as you are in geology or biology. The real cowardness is shown by yourself as you seem totally afraid to read an actual science site or book and yet you have the nerve to accuse those who spend their entire careers mucking in the cold, the dirt, living rough away from home for months on end and working with shoe string budgets to do real research while you cut and paste non research from your selected nonsense sites

Go on and pretend that the was a global flood, that scientiest classify organisms by certain specific gravities of blood, that all animals have binocular vision, and that you know what the vast majority of scientists do not. And pretend that you actually answer questions honestly while you are at it, delusion might be wonderful, please let the sane ones know.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
I have to calm down because this guy makes me want to rage pretty hard. His mind is so far from logic that there isn't any way to reason with him.

I'll just leave this here

logic and evidence are both unknown quantities to him

Old 02-06-2015, 02:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
logic and evidence are both unknown quantities to him
He's playing you/us. He gets off on yanking sensible people's chains. It's a game to him.

His obtuseness is absolutely deliberate. He has never, and will never, seriously explore the facts of evolution. He just plucks stuff off Creation sites and lets everyone else do the research to refute it. And then he blithely ignores the refutation and chuckles at the frustration of those trying to have a relevant and honest conversation.

He is absolutely the least honest person - let alone Christian - I have ever come across.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity