Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 09:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Would you show that to Jesus who said the Father commanded Him what to say and speak.

Think about it.
Many will come in my name, think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 10:29 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Many will come in my name, think about it.
What name?

"The wicked shall remain wicked they will have no understanding but the wise will have it."

"Wisdom makes friends of God and prophets."

"You are my friends if you do what I command you."

"The Lord is near to everyone, to everyone who calls upon Him in truth."

"When the lion roars who will not fear it, when the Lord God speaks who will not prophecy."

Old 02-04-2015, 08:56 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
What name?

"The wicked shall remain wicked they will have no understanding but the wise will have it."

"Wisdom makes friends of God and prophets."

"You are my friends if you do what I command you."

"The Lord is near to everyone, to everyone who calls upon Him in truth."

"When the lion roars who will not fear it, when the Lord God speaks who will not prophecy."
Time to stop talking and start walking.

Quote:
And let our people also learn to maintain good works, to meet urgent needs, that they may not be unfruitful.
Titus 3:14

Quote:
What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
James 2:14-17

Quote:
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
James 2:26

Quote:
"And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work."
Rev 22:12

Quote:
"Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; When you see the naked, that you cover him, And not hide yourself from your own flesh? Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.' "If you take away the yoke from your midst, The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, If you extend your soul to the hungry And satisfy the afflicted soul, Then your light shall dawn in the darkness, And your darkness shall be as the noonday.
Isaiah 58:6-10

God does not call people into His fold to sit on their hands. He calls workers that will do what His Son did---feed the hungry and minister to the sick, ---- and we will do His works and more--visit those in prison, clothe the naked, provide housing for the homeless.

Telling people they need to find God is the LEAST of what God has required of us and of what Jesus illustrated for us. Let your works speak of your faith. Because if you talk of faith without living it---your faith is dead.

Quote:
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."
Matt 5:16

Old 02-04-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

God does not call people into His fold to sit on their hands. He calls workers that will do what His Son did---feed the hungry and minister to the sick, ---- and we will do His works and more--visit those in prison, clothe the naked, provide housing for the homeless.

Telling people they need to find God is the LEAST of what God has required of us and of what Jesus illustrated for us. Let your works speak of your faith. Because if you talk of faith without living it---your faith is dead.

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

The word of God is the good news. It feeds the hungry, waters the thirsty, clothes the naked sets captives free and gives sight to the blind. Without the word of God a man cannot live because as Jesus said, " the words I spoke to you are spirit and life."

"Once you have the light, keep faith in the light and you will become a child of light."

"Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will come over you."

Old 02-04-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
The word of God is the good news. It feeds the hungry, waters the thirsty, clothes the naked sets captives free and gives sight to the blind. Without the word of God a man cannot live because as Jesus said, " the words I spoke to you are spirit and life."
If, you can elaborate without quoting, please do?
Or, if you prefer, paraphrase.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:25 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:

Old 02-04-2015, 07:27 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:

Finding God is the start, not the finish.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
If, you can elaborate without quoting, please do?
Or, if you prefer, paraphrase.
I thought it was clear.

Are you just playing with me?

Old 02-04-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
I thought it was clear.

Are you just playing with me?
What Wardendresden wrote was clear to the reader. Often times, what you write is convoluted?
Having numerous, overlapping coils or folds. And, no, I am not playing.

I would be interested in what you, personally think, that is why I suggested paraphrasing.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
What Wardendresden wrote was clear to the reader. Often times, what you write is convoluted?
Having numerous, overlapping coils or folds. And, no, I am not playing.
I would be interested in what you, personally think, that is why I suggested paraphrasing.
Here is what I wrote without the scripture.

The word of God is the good news. It feeds the hungry, waters the thirsty, clothes the naked, sets captives free and gives sight to the blind. Without the word of God a man cannot live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity