Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:31 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,487 times

Advertisements

Assembly of God but with a non-denominational bent. Raised a believer in God but only went with folks on Christmas and Easter (their decision, not mine)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 12:35 PM

965 posts, read 4,500,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
I am a believer in the Church of Jesus Christ. God has given me the Church of the Nazarene to worship and fellowship, and too be guided by Him.
Curly, would you mind saying what the denomination is? I do not recognize the name of the church at all. I'm sure others do, but I don't. Sorry.

Many thanks.

Last edited by virgo; 01-08-2008 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: Additional thought.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:38 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
Me: Raised Presbyterian. Baptized and confirmed in 8th grade (age of accountability).
DH: Raised Southern Baptist until 10, then belonged to an independent Bible church until adulthood. Baptized at 11.

We: After being married for 5 years and living our lives as Christians with independent study of the Bible and watching broadcasts, we are trying some churches together. It is really hard for us because DH teaches on Sundays for the local community college so we are limited to Saturday evening services. We are trying Second Baptist this coming Saturday to see what it is like. We also have a daughter, 2 1/2, with autism, so placing her in a nursery may be quite traumatic. We'll see how it goes!

Old 01-08-2008, 12:50 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
Baptist as a child. Married an Episcopalian. Together we attended the Episcopal Church for several years. We left it to begin attending a non-denominational charismatic church and that has been our church orientation ever since.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:53 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
I am a heinz 57.. A little of everything and I imagine that is why I try to stay out of the debate threads.. I Have attended a church of some sort all my life..Most of you know my religious history, so I will just say that I was baptized in 1964, and it has been a long bumpy troad to arrive where I am today..I am a believer and allow the Holy Spirit to guide me these days..I have however placed my membership in The Church, and am looking forward to my acceptance sometime in the future.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:58 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo View Post
Curly, would you mind saying what the denomination is? I do not recognize the name of the church at all. I'm sure others do, but I don't. Sorry.

Many thanks.
The Church of the Nazarene is a protestant christian church in the Wesleyan Holiness tradition.
Hope that answers your question.
Thanks and God Bless!

Old 01-08-2008, 01:13 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Raised Lutheran (LCA), educated Lutheran, now attend a Evangelical non-denominational Community Church.

To explain would take a while... so here's the link. I invite you to look.

Grace Place Communuty Church :: Home

Old 01-08-2008, 01:19 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Hi, I am first of all a Christian. I was raised as a Baptist, worshipped with the church of Christ for about 15 years, currently nondenominational and I am what some would refer to as a Christian Universalist or Universalist Christian. God bless.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:27 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Age 0 - 9 --> Once a year in church for xmas. xmas was non denominational on military base.

Age 9 - 18 --> Parents go to Methodist church.. drag me a long. I skip sunday school and sleep in the car.

Age 18 - 25 --> Parents still go and I go on the big days (xmas, easter etc)

Age 25 - 27 --> Try to go as little as possible.. Even use "I'm tired" for xmas eve.

Age 27 - 33 --> Tried to find a church to go to. Wouldn't believe how hard that was in the Bible belt.

Presenty --> Finally found a church I'm comfortable (littlethirsty found it). Transfered membership to a Methodist church and have gone consecutively for about a year now. So far so good.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:28 PM

965 posts, read 4,500,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
The Church of the Nazarene is a protestant christian church in the Wesleyan Holiness tradition.
Hope that answers your question.
Thanks and God Bless!
OK! I was thinking Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints, Mormon, which is considered a denomination; but when you didn't say it, I thought maybe you might be of another denomination. Thanks for clarifying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity