Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 12:10 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
I assume it is possible to be a Christian as a gay man if you abstain from having sexual relations with other men. In addition to not always lusting over men.

But, then again, not sure it is possible for the average man to abstain from sex without relieving himself in other ways.

Thus exchanging one sin for another one.
lol! It just boggles my mind how people use religion to try and control other humans' sexuality. The male body produces sperm, and the stuff is going to exit your body, one way or the other. Sin.... lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 12:13 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
lol! It just boggles my mind how people use religion to try and control other humans' sexuality. The male body produces sperm, and the stuff is going to exit your body, one way or the other. Sin.... lol
No one saying we should be able to control anyone. This is what I find interesting. When we declare what the bible says...we are then called control freaks. But no one has suggested any form of legislation claimed we need to enforce any kind of rules of behavior. Yet...the liberal left is responsible for telling a business owner who they need to cater to.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
God set up His world for men to be with women, that is how our bodies are made as Daniel said. If we can't do that because of some pediment than stay chaste and follow God's plan. Too many today made sex their God.
You forgot, "in my personal opinion".

Religion is man-made, and often used to try and control the behavior of others. My sex life has zero to do with you. And I can assure you, sex is not my "god".

Why so many Christians are so concerned with gay men (a small minority of the population) is beyond me. My guess is that many of the very vocal are gay, living in misery, and looking for validation of their decision to live contrary to their nature.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No one saying we should be able to control anyone. This is what I find interesting. When we declare what the bible says...we are then called control freaks. But no one has suggested any form of legislation claimed we need to enforce any kind of rules of behavior. Yet...the liberal left is responsible for telling a business owner who they need to cater to.
Oh please! Fundamentalist Christians have been trying to control gay people for decades! It's only recently in history that anti-gay legislation has been REVERSED by the SCOTUS!

Old 01-29-2015, 12:20 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times
Quote:
Oh please! Fundamentalist Christians have been trying to control gay people for decades! It's only recently in history that anti-gay legislation has been REVERSED by the SCOTUS!
Such as?

Old 01-29-2015, 12:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
...snip...

Why so many Christians are so concerned with gay men (a small minority of the population) is beyond me. My guess is that many of the very vocal are gay, living in misery, and looking for validation of their decision to live contrary to their nature.
Yep.

And I think at least a couple/three of them regularly post here.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:32 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,335,400 times
Quote:
If God declared it a sin to do so, that would be my burden to bear. Would I like it? Heck no. But that's the way it is.
Vizio:

The point is:

Gay men feel it is natural to like men in the same manner straight men feel it is natural to like women. The desire is basically the same and quite physiologic.

This tendency does not always involve a perversion or a conscious decision to give up women in favor of men. Most guys do not make that decision at a conscious level! Why would any heterosexual male do that?

I am sorry to find out yo are still in biblical times. This is the 21st century and those biblical verses were written for men that lived a long time ago.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:33 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,036,675 times
Quote:
Such as?
Supreme Court Strikes Down Texas Law Banning Sodomy - NYTimes.com

Or

http://www.afa.net/the-stand/homosex...-gay-marriage/

Last edited by fishbrains; 01-29-2015 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Add another link

Old 01-29-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
If God declared it a sin to do so, that would be my burden to bear. Would I like it? Heck no. But that's the way it is.
Or... you could think for yourself and realize that the people telling you god says you can't have a relationship with a woman are complete idiots. Just a thought.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:38 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,335,400 times
Quote:
Yet...I know of a lot of stories of gay men who are able to get married, have kids, etc. If they truly are not attracted to a woman...I'm not sure how that happens. I mean...things don't "work" if there is no attraction.
Vizio:

Some of us (straight men) have slept with women that were not that attractive, but somehow got the job done. And not all gay men are 100% gay, some have elements of bisexuality.

Quote:
We've all read articles, or heard of the pedophile that didn't "choose" to be that way. He just is. Yet, we all universally agree that it's a horrible sin to act out on those desires.
Do not compare pedophilia with homosexuality. The innate desires may be unavoidable, but the action is not allowed with children BECAUSE CHILDREN ARE HARMED. Is that so hard to understand?

Quote:
I honestly don't know how you can call yourself a Catholic if you have such opinions that run so contrary to RCC teaching.
One can be a Catholic and not check the brain outside the Church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity