Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 08:43 PM
Status: "Without God, life is tragic and absurd." (set 27 days ago)

20,367 posts, read 12,647,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Almost all Protestant churches teach that if you believe in Christ as the Son of God, they fail to teach them to obey the commandments of Christ. Jesus said just before He rose to be with His Father in heaven, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen" [Matt.28:19-20.]
I've been a member of 3 Southern Baptist churches in my lifetime, and have never experienced that. Belief (true, heartfelt) is the first step of a long spiritual journey. Almost all? Nonsense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 10:37 PM

13 posts, read 15,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0otAAS7miE

That's what this guy is claiming and I don't want to think that is true, he also came across as if God is the one who is sending these people to Hell when it's us who chooses Hell over Heaven.
He is half right. Yes most "Christians" are deceived and will be destroyed. Check out my thread here for more information:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ved-their.html

But no they will not go to hell for eternity. The Bible does not teach eternal conscience torment, but judgement, justice and then complete destruction.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:14 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,304,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Who sent Jesus to hell ?________ Acts 2:27,31,32

Did Jesus choose hell, or is biblical hell just the temporary grave for the unconscious sleeping dead ?
What does Ecclesiastes 9:5 say about the condition of the dead ?_______________________
Jesus would have learned from the old Hebrew Scriptures - Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4 - that the dead are in a sleep like condition, and that is why Jesus taught sleep in death at John 11:11-14

As for the temporary Bible's hell, according to Revelation 20:13,14, everyone in biblical hell will be ' delivered up ' or resurrected out of hell before emptied-out hell is cast vacant into a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell.

P.S. besides heaven, hell (grave) there is living on Earth forever as promised at Psalm 37:11,29
I don't believe that Jesus was in hell since He told the thief on the cross that "This day you shall be with Me in Paradise."
I believe the reference to not leaving Jesus in hell referred to His body which was in the grave [is that the term for gehenna?] for three days and nights."

Old 02-21-2015, 12:35 PM

335 posts, read 217,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Some people need to learn that they have better things to do than to speculate on who may or not be damned to hell, and then apparently take joy that they will.

Isnt there something someplace there in the bible about criticizing someone with a splinter in their eye when one has a log in his own?
The man in the video has already removed the log in his eye and is now doing the work of the Lord trying to remove the speck in yours. By the way, Eternal torment is not a Biblical concept. Study more about it in the Bible and here:

http://christianchat.com/bible-discu...re-loving.html

There is much information to consider on the topic. Even all the way to the last page and much more than is listed.

Last edited by john233; 02-21-2015 at 12:44 PM..

Old 02-21-2015, 01:26 PM

9,940 posts, read 4,877,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
I don't believe that Jesus was in hell since He told the thief on the cross that "This day you shall be with Me in Paradise."
I believe the reference to not leaving Jesus in hell referred to His body which was in the grave [is that the term for gehenna?] for three days and nights."
Since you don't believe Jesus was in hell, then you also don't believe Acts 2:27,31,32; Psalm 16:10 do you ?___________

Jesus simply made the future promise to the thief on the day they died.
KJV Bibles took the liberty to wrongly place a comma (,) before the word today ( this day ).

Gehenna (hellfire) was a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed. It was Not a tomb or burial ground.

Jesus did Not say to the thief he would be with him in Heaven, but in Paradise.
Adam and Eve did Not live in Heaven, but on Earth in the Paradise of Eden or Garden of Eden on Earth.
Jesus was promising the thief a future resurrection to healthy life on Earth starting with Jesus' coming 1000-year kingdom rule over Earth. Acts 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection........
Only those called to Heaven have a first or earlier resurrection - Rev. 20:6
The majority of mankind will be resurrected to healthy physical life on Earth - John 3:13 - during Jesus' messianic reign over Earth when mankind will see the return of the Genesis Tree of Life on Earth - see Revelation 22:2

Old 02-21-2015, 01:36 PM

9,940 posts, read 4,877,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post
By the way, Eternal torment is not a Biblical concept.
Even the word ' torment ' as used in Scripture is Not the word ' torture ' .

At Matthew 18 vs 30,34 a tormentor was simply a jailer.

At Rev. 20 vs 13,14 biblical hell [ grave ] comes to a final end.
After everyone in biblical hell is ' delivered up ' [ resurrected ] then emptied out hell is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell, or mankind's grave. Jesus has the keys to unlock biblical hell - Rev. 1:18

According to Jesus everyone in the grave - biblical hell - is Not in torment but in unconscious sleep - John 11 vs 11-14
Being well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures, Jesus would have learned that unconscious condition about the dead at Ecclesiastes 9:5 besides the Psalms such as at Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4 and Daniel 12:2,13

Old 02-21-2015, 01:43 PM

63,419 posts, read 39,666,813 times
Default Is it true that most Christians are fake and will perish in Hell?

Of course NOT! That is preposterous. We will all reap what we sow . . . but no more and no less

Old 02-21-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of course NOT! That is preposterous.
What do you base that belief on?

Old 02-21-2015, 10:39 PM

63,419 posts, read 39,666,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of course NOT! That is preposterous. We will all reap what we sow . . . but no more and no less
Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post
What do you base that belief on?
God WILLS that ALL will be saved. What God WILLS is what will be. Do you know the verse?

Old 02-21-2015, 11:12 PM

I'm unclear, are you saying everyone is saved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity