Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 12:51 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Even today every single State Constitution mentions God. So, yes, American was indeed founded on a Christian foundation.
I can see that reasoning, based on the mind-set that only Christians speak of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 01:20 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I can see that reasoning, based on the mind-set that only Christians speak of God.
None of them mentioned Allah...

Old 02-20-2015, 01:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NT Fellowship View Post
Most are easy enough to find on various Masonic posts about famous Masons. The webpages do change. Their information becomes "known" and then "unknown" from time to time.
The Skull and Bones show up in newspaper articles like:
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/09/06/ny...ret-club.html; The 15 Most Powerful Members Of 'Skull And Bones' - Business Insider
Yes, they must be taken "with a grain of salt"; as is everything online. But when you see a pattern, and the pattern is accurate, and the sources are not known to be spurious about most things, they can at least be acknowledged for what is said about them.
So, basically, you read that a few presidents were Freemasons or belonged to Skull and Crossbones....detected a pattern....and came to believe that ALL presidents belonged to one or the other?

Old 02-20-2015, 02:46 PM

299 posts, read 263,818 times
This thread isn't about me. If anyone wants to know what I know, they can easily access the same--and many other--sources and read for themselves. What I know is not a secret, if people care to investigate it. Shall we go on with the thread?

Old 02-20-2015, 06:32 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
(Jerwade voice): It's very difficult to enlighten those who are unwilling to learn after they've been proven wrong.
You can speak for me, anytime!

Old 02-20-2015, 06:49 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Sigh. It's never-ending.

Yes. Many of the first settlers came to this country for personal freedoms--religious among them. Later on, when the Constitution was written, 9 of 13 states had official religions. Didn't like the official religion of Virginia? Move to another state. You want to call that intolerance? Ok. I honestly don't care. The Founding Fathers never intended for religion to be purged from government.
But what the FOUNDING FATHERS determined was that NO religion should dominate any other--that would include fundamentalists who openly admit they are attempting to gain control of legislature, presidency, and judiciary.

Please, please, challenge me to provide the proof! I'll do it with their very words!!!

Old 02-20-2015, 06:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You can speak for me, anytime!
Thanks! I know I've got a ways to go to reach the Jerwade-level of astute observation and witty commentary on the human condition.... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:00 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Sigh. It's never-ending.
Yes. Many of the first settlers came to this country for personal freedoms--religious among them. Later on, when the Constitution was written, 9 of 13 states had official religions. Didn't like the official religion of Virginia? Move to another state. You want to call that intolerance? Ok. I honestly don't care. The Founding Fathers never intended for religion to be purged from government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
But what the FOUNDING FATHERS determined was that NO religion should dominate any other--that would include fundamentalists who openly admit they are attempting to gain control of legislature, presidency, and judiciary.
Please, please, challenge me to provide the proof! I'll do it with their very words!!!
Amen. The use of religious beliefs about what God wants from us to establish laws to coerce others to follow them is counter to what God wants from us. It is literally anti-God. God does not want anyone to be forced to obey any laws. Anything that is not voluntary is useless to God. Society needs certain laws to maintain an orderly and safe society. Those are the ONLY kinds of laws we should ever be making. Sadly that has not always been the case and still is not the case even today. It is a testament to the irrationality and spiritual corruption in society.

Old 02-21-2015, 07:12 AM

299 posts, read 263,818 times
MysticPhD,
I agree with you here, overall. God does define through Jesus, as well as the apostolic writers, that we are to obey the government ... so long as they do not order us to sin. Jesus' words "Give unto Caesar..." is an indication of this.
And it's true that God wants us to obey out of love; that is why He gives a new heart through the new birth (Jeremiah 31:31-34; Luke 22:20; Hebrews 8:6-13; 9:15, etc.). Then the law of love, law of faith, and other laws Jesus established in His New Covenant could be fulfilled by love for Him and others.
I will say that any government with a concern for their people (not agenda, but people) will make laws that protect humanity--from the womb to the grave. It does not require a government to be Christian to do that; but it requires a government with some understanding of God's will to uphold it.
When a people cast off all restraints and say "I'll live as I want to--anything you put on me is unjust!" they become united in force against humanity and the God who made them. Psalm 2 is how the Lord views that.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:47 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
None of them mentioned Allah...
They should have mentioned Allah. The existence of the universe is proof for the existence of Allah. It's so obvious, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity