Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 10:38 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Now what is the will of the Father?...HaShem...
Jesus said He, the son of man, came to do the will of the Father. He also said He was sent to spread the good news of the kingdom of God. Another time He said He came so His sheep would have life. gain He said He was sent to testify the truth.
We know the truth is the word of God and life is the word of God as Jesus said. So it shows that the will of God is the word of God that is why Jesus sent His followers with the same words He was sent with as stated in John 17. That is why He said His followers are His brothers and sisters who do the will of God.

The righteous do the will of the Father and the son gives life to the poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 10:42 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said He, the son of man, came to do the will of the Father. He also said He was sent to spread the good news of the kingdom of God. Another time He said He came so His sheep would have life. gain He said He was sent to testify the truth.
We know the truth is the word of God and life is the word of God as Jesus said. So it shows that the will of God is the word of God that is why Jesus sent His followers with the same words He was sent with as stated in John 17. That is why He said His followers are His brothers and sisters who do the will of God.

The righteous do the will of the Father and the son gives life to the poor.
He also said that he was sent only to the Jews...So, this Gospel was for the Jews only...And the will of the Father is for us to obey His Torah...Throughout the whole Tanakh one sees this...

Old 02-16-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
He also said that he was sent only to the Jews...So, this Gospel was for the Jews only...And the will of the Father is for us to obey His Torah...Throughout the whole Tanakh one sees this...
Yes, but anyone who does the will of God is a Jew. Those who do not do the will of God are not Jews. A Jew is by the blood of God not the blood of man.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:51 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Yes, but anyone who does the will of God is a Jew. Those who do not do the will of God are not Jews. A Jew is by the blood of God not the blood of man.

There is no more slave and free man because all are slaves in Christ and all are free in Christ.
There is no more female and male because all are male and all are female.
There is no more Gentile and Jew because all are Jew and all are gentile.

Jesus took the two and literally made one.

Each person has to choose how they shall live.

You can live as the free man, and you can live as the male, and you can live as the Jew but in each case you will fall.

You should live as the female and become submissive to your husband.
You should live as the slave and serve your master.
You should live as the gentile, and serve the inner hidden man of spirit that is very precious in God's eyes.

If you become the virgin, and if you become the slave, and if you become the gentile, then later you shall be the male, and later you shall be the free man, and later you shall be the Jew.

We are both, Christ took two men and made them one and these two men are named,'' Ephraim, and Judah.''

Between these two is Jerusalem, right in your chest.

We choose between who we want to be everyday, whether we shall be the son of the right hand or the son of the left.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:56 PM

1,100 posts, read 796,438 times
Quote:
Mat 12:50 for whoever may do the will of my Father who is in the heavens, he is my brother, and sister, and mother.'
Quote:
Well done.
May the Lord Jesus Christ help you to follow His words in knowing exactly what the will of the Father is.

John 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

See that yet? The bread of life... that's Jesus... gives life to the world on those that come to & believe in Him.

Read on in seeing the will of the Father in that truth.

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

This explains why those who break the least of the commandments and teach others so, are called the least but still in the kingdom of heaven. Why is that? Here's the will of the Father for Jesus to do.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

That's why there are those whom are called least in the kinghdom of heaven are the vessels unto dishonour in His House for not looking to Jesus for help as their Good Shepherd in departing from iniquity before the Bridegroom had come.

NOW see the will of the Father FOR US to do which is the requirement for salvation on how we enter into that kingdom of heaven.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

That is the same for O.T. saints. They can't come to God the Father without Jesus as their Passover Lamb.

Now pray about this because to deny this Truth is to deny Him & run the risk of being left behind.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
May the Lord Jesus Christ help you to follow His words in knowing exactly what the will of the Father is.

John 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

See that yet? The bread of life... that's Jesus... gives life to the world on those that come to & believe in Him.

Read on in seeing the will of the Father in that truth.

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

This explains why those who break the least of the commandments and teach others so, are called the least but still in the kingdom of heaven. Why is that? Here's the will of the Father for Jesus to do.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

That's why there are those whom are called least in the kinghdom of heaven are the vessels unto dishonour in His House for not looking to Jesus for help as their Good Shepherd in departing from iniquity before the Bridegroom had come.

NOW see the will of the Father FOR US to do which is the requirement for salvation on how we enter into that kingdom of heaven.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

That is the same for O.T. saints. They can't come to God the Father without Jesus as their Passover Lamb.

Now pray about this because to deny this Truth is to deny Him & run the risk of being left behind.
Believing in Him is to do the works He did. He, being the son of man. The son of man is One with the Father as Jesus said His followers would be. They have what Jesus had the same words, same glory. They are son of man because they eat and drink in the presence of the Father. Jesus did the will of God and sent His followers as He was sent. The only way to do the will of God is to do what He did ,spread the word of God.

Denying this is denying Him and unto condemnation

"The man who believes in me shall do the works I do and far greater than these because I go to the Father and whatever you ask in my name I will do so the Father may be glorified in the son."

Old 02-16-2015, 11:33 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Believing in Him is to do the works He did. He, being the son of man. The son of man is One with the Father as Jesus said His followers would be. They have what Jesus had the same words, same glory. They are son of man because they eat and drink in the presence of the Father. Jesus did the will of God and sent His followers as He was sent. The only way to do the will of God is to do what He did ,spread the word of God.
"The man who believes in me shall do the works I do and far greater than these because I go to the Father and whatever you ask in my name I will do so the Father may be glorified in the son."
It is so sad that you actually think that just being a Preacher is what God wants from all of us. What He wants is for us to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. It is not easy . . . but it will profoundly change your life.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:23 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Interesting that he did not say "servants"...
He did not invite us to be His servants. He invited us to be His kindred by being servants to our fellow humans.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:25 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:

You may need to get a better understanding of the OT by finding out how Jesus summed up the Torah and the Prophets---very succinctly, too. And there is not one word about belief. Yet without belief one cannot fulfill that summation.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You may need to get a better understanding of the OT by finding out how Jesus summed up the Torah and the Prophets---very succinctly, too. And there is not one word about belief. Yet without belief one cannot fulfill that summation.
What is everything to God?

"In everything, do unto others as you would have them do to you for this is the law and the prophet's". (son of man)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity